Mike T did NOTHING to address the WR position...

stoicsentry

I wanted to draft Jeffery and pick up Edwards in FA. Nothing against Hill of course, but I tell you, this kid looks promising. He gets separation quite well.

No prob on preferring someone else. No one expected Hill to go out there and do what he did today. I just think it's a joke that we were told he's "nothing" when he was top 4 on everyone's WR board.

No prob on preferring someone else. No one expected Hill to go out there and do what he did today. I just think it's a joke that we were told he's "nothing" when he was top 4 on everyone's WR board.

Both WR's had an outstanding game. Jeffery had 3 catches for 80 yards and 1TD with a 27 yards per catch avg. Not bad at all.

I really don't see the point of this. One game isn't validation of anything or invalidation of anything. It's simply that, 1 game. If you're really this insecure about a few guys disagreeing with your personal assessments of the team during the offseason, it would at least be respectable if you'd outright say it instead of nonsense like this thread. Sanchez played well, Hill played well, the line played well; everyone is pleased with this, but not everyone is dumb enough to conclude that it's indicative of anything empirical.

I wanted to draft Jeffery and pick up Edwards in FA. Nothing against Hill of course, but I tell you, Hill looks promising. He gets separation quite well.

Just to add...

Alshon Jeffery 3 catches, 80 yards, 1 TD, 27 yards per catch. Both guys are off to great starts.

I lean this way...really liked Jeffery coming out...though Hill was my second choice...thought Edwards' return made sense...but obviously the results were effective week 1.

I really don't see the point of this. One game isn't validation of anything or invalidation of anything. It's simply that, 1 game. If you're really this insecure about a few guys disagreeing with your personal assessments of the team during the offseason, it would at least more respectable if you'd outright say it instead of nonsense like this thread. Sanchez played well, Hill played well, the line played well; everyone is pleased with this, but not everyone is dumb enough to conclude that it's indicative of anything empirical.

And it's THIS sort of common sense which is killing society.

Ridiculous knee jerk conclusions are the very foundations of Jets messageboards, I'll remind you of this when Stephen Hill is the MVP of this years Superbowl against Washington.

I lean this way...really liked Jeffery coming out...though Hill was my second choice...thought Edwards' return made sense...but obviously the results were effective week 1.

Yeah Edwards just dropped the game winner in the end zone to lose too. He looked to shy away from the ball during the end of the game. I was a fan of bringing him back too but just saying. So far for week 1, things have worked out.

And it's THIS sort of common sense which is killing society.

Ridiculous knee jerk conclusions are the very foundations of Jets messageboards, I'll remind you of this when Stephen Hill is the MVP of this years Superbowl against Washington.

Mark Sanchez is on pace to throw 48 touchdowns. Think about that. Think. About. That.

I loved the Hill pick from the moment the Jets traded up to get him - and I hate it when Tanny trades up!

No way I expected him to have a start like today, though, and I still expect some bumps in the road.

And how about that Jeremy Kerley?

I really don't see the point of this. One game isn't validation of anything or invalidation of anything. It's simply that, 1 game. If you're really this insecure about a few guys disagreeing with your personal assessments of the team during the offseason, it would at least be respectable if you'd outright say it instead of nonsense like this thread. Sanchez played well, Hill played well, the line played well; everyone is pleased with this, but not everyone is dumb enough to conclude that it's indicative of anything empirical.

So what you're trying to say is that you're sorry for every negative word you've said, Sanchez is a future HOFer and it's time we go out and book our tickets and hotels for New Orleans?

Yeah, Edwards let the game winner go right through his hands in arizona about 30 mins ago. though Jeffery's numbers were very good, half of the yards as well as the TD came basically in garbage time. The Bears would have easily won without it. Not to take away from his performance individually, but Hill's performance was significant at the time that he recorded them.

Hill Man'd up this afternoon. If this guy can keep it up along with Austin Howard, A.K.A. "The 100 million dollar man killer" (stop crying Super Mario lol) the Jets are convincingly going back to the AFCCG and possibly the Superbowl.

We better make it before the texans do I tell you that much lol.

I loved the Hill pick from the moment the Jets traded up to get him - and I hate it when Tanny trades up!

No way I expected him to have a start like today, though, and I still expect some bumps in the road.

And how about that Jeremy Kerley?

I liked the Hill pick too but then preseason happened and I was like oooooh no. What a great surprise today!

You mean kind of like using the preseason to validate your opinions of Tannenbaum?

Archived