Sober Moment-Rush D

TheSage

We won. played well but our rush D looked slow and out of position

Eh. I think Spiller is a good back and the exact type that can give the Jets trouble. At the time he really started gashing them the Jets had a big lead and were probably trying to keep the Bills from passing. In fact, I was shocked when the Bills went empty backfield. Spiller can score so fast, it doesn't take much more time than passing. I think they will stop the run fine.

Eh.... defense kinda let up when we were up 41-7. Not that that's a good thing but hard to judge.

I'm inclined to agree with this. We gave up two big runs, which can happen to even the best defenses. One of those was in garbage time. I'm not worried, especially with Sione coming back.

I'm inclined to agree with this. We gave up two big runs, which can happen to even the best defenses. One of those was in garbage time. I'm not worried, especially with Sione coming back.

Again, I don't love that this happened but you could see us relax offensively and defensively through the third and most of fourth. What I liked though was when they got to 28 the offense came out and had a great drive for another TD.

Another thing to consider is that the first few weeks it is usually hot and teams tend to fade down the stretch. There was some questioning of the teams conditioning by Revis (and Rex regarding Coples). The big key to stopping the run is going to be the NT and without Pouha they couldn't rotate Ellis which means Ellis is either out, replaced by a DT like Devito or in and tired.

once the Jets were up so big, they went a little prevent. it happens and it's a good problem to have. This D looks awesome tho, how about all three CB getting a pick and Landry's ridiculous tackles.

Landry and Bell are monsters man! They hit viciously and have decent speed. Hopefully we really see their abilities stand out playing the Pats tight ends.

once the Jets were up so big, they went a little prevent. it happens and it's a good problem to have. This D looks awesome tho, how about all three CB getting a pick and Landry's ridiculous tackles.

landry was alot of fun to watch. i might watch the condensed game now just to see how it works and to wach some of the fun again.

landry was alot of fun to watch. i might watch the condensed game now just to see how it works and to wach some of the fun again.

ND - are you getting the coaches view in Game Rewind? Mine is grayed out and I'm dying to see what this option provides.

Yep. I really enjoyed watching the Defense yesterday. The secondary played out of their minds.

While I agree the big lead had a part to play in it, the other thing to consider is, while I love the Jets young DL, you can't discount that Pouha was out and DeVito was coming off of the bench. That's the Jets two best run defenders out of the base D. Pouha will be back soon enough and I wouldn't be shocked if there is a switch up over the course of the season between Coples and DeVito based on the matchup, as I think for this week, the Jets primary goal against the Bills was defending the pass (which they did an unbelievable job at). Either way, I'm not ready to start worrying too much about the run D just yet.

Eh.... defense kinda let up when we were up 41-7. Not that that's a good thing but hard to judge.

Eh. I think Spiller is a good back and the exact type that can give the Jets trouble. At the time he really started gashing them the Jets had a big lead and were probably trying to keep the Bills from passing. In fact, I was shocked when the Bills went empty backfield. Spiller can score so fast, it doesn't take much more time than passing. I think they will stop the run fine.

eh...we were up big and the D went into laid back mode. The first half they were stiffling save for the one Spiller run.

Great minds think alike?

It can be corrected. With a big lead evereyJets' defender was trying to put big hits on Bills instead of wrapping up. Expect that is being discussed. Though Landry's rep has always been he goes for the big hit when a tackle will do.

While I agree the big lead had a part to play in it, the other thing to consider is, while I love the Jets young DL, you can't discount that Pouha was out and DeVito was coming off of the bench. That's the Jets two best run defenders out of the base D. Pouha will be back soon enough and I wouldn't be shocked if there is a switch up over the course of the season between Coples and DeVito based on the matchup, as I think for this week, the Jets primary goal against the Bills was defending the pass (which they did an unbelievable job at). Either way, I'm not ready to start worrying too much about the run D just yet.

GoodPoint.jpg

Buffalos style is to release the ball quickly, Im not worried about the pass rush. They looked good, push in the pocket was there.

eh...those first couple of drives we got some good hits on ole fitzy even though he wasnt sacked. A couple may have been called roughing the QB if it was Tommy Terrific taking those hits.

Edit: for eh... (are we still doing that?)

Archived