you believe these stinkin Jets fans? Jets-fish blackout MERGED

Jetfan13

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2012/09/dolphins_-_jets_might_be_black.php

In probably the least surprising news ever, people don't want to pay well-over $50 to go watch a mediocre football team.

The result of that not at all surprising news is that this weekend's showdown between the Dolphins and Jets at Sun Life Stadium is facing local TV blackouts because of a lag in ticket sales.

The NFL has granted the Fins a Friday afternoon extension to sell 85 percent of non-premium tickets required to avoid the blackout.

But this was supposed to be a football town!

The Dolphins have until 1:00 p.m. this afternoon to sell the 51,000 non-premium seats required by the league, or else it's LIGHTS OUT as far as people watching the game locally on TV this Sunday is concerned.

The Fins haven't had a blackout since 1998, but that's mainly because owner Stephen Ross has been ponying up for the remaining tickets to avoid them -- like he did last week when the Raiders came to town.

But, according to team spokesman Harvey Greene, Ross is going to put the kibosh on that practice sometime this season. Maybe even starting this weekend.

"We're hopeful of getting it on local television,"

Greene said. "We're still hopeful of selling this game out."

And Dolphins fans are hopeful the team can finally stop sucking ass.

If only there were a way for fans to speak out on their displeasure in a way that the higher ups like Ross could hear them ... that is,

without being called an "a$$hole."

Hmm... From what I was reading from some posters around these parts the Dolphins are a better team and most of the writers down there expect a Dolphins victory... why wouldnt fans show up??? hmmmmmm....

Im just glad I root for a team with a fanbase that is stupid and continues to buy tickets year after year with little payoff.

http://blogs.broward...ht_be_black.php

In probably the least surprising news ever, people don't want to pay well-over $50 to go watch a mediocre football team.

With emphasis on "well over". I don't see why anyone goes to games anymore honestly; I paid $86 a seat to go to the Carolina Panthers preseason game against Miami and that was in the upper deck. The actual face-value of the ticket price, however, was $164! Who in their right mind would pay that when the coverage is better on TV?

Archived