Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

I've never seen you post something so foolish.

Only when I quote you.

Sanchez sucks, but anything short of a truly elite QB and this team would still suck. The fundamentals are all wrong, including but not limited to the QB position.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only when I quote you.

Sanchez sucks, but anything short of a truly elite QB and this team would still suck. The fundamentals are all wrong, including but not limited to the QB position.

True. You should have a chat with JFtoLong's dog. Dude has mad knowledge on the game.

Only when I quote you.

Exactly!

The Rex lovers want to give Rex a pass for building such dog sh!t for a team, by saying that everything wrong with this team is Sanchez.

The reality is that Rex built a team with ZERO playmakers in a league designed for playmakers.

It's really that simple.

Without playmakers, everyone needs to be perfect on every play.

Every pass gets magnified, every run gets magnified, becuase there is no explosiveness.

When Eli throws 3 int's in a half, they can overcome it becuase they are explosive as all hell.

The Jets cannot, so when Sanchez misses a receiver, something that happens multiple times by every QB, it is the end of the world.

He takes plenty of blame, but to blame everything on him, and act like any other QB could come in and have this offense clicking is just pure stupidity.

I have always had a problem with the mindset of trying to win games 13 - 10 by design. Which is basically my perception of the way the drafts have been handled since Rex took over and with the whole "ground and pound" (god I get douchechills every time I read or hear that phrase) mentality.

Yep.

Problem is I don't think we intended to win games 13-10 back when we drafted Sanchez in 2009. It just morphed into that situation by Sanchez's play. We've had to adapt how we've drafted around a sucky QB we simply hoped would get better because we HAD to. Everyone's jobs ride on Sanchez so we had to make it work somehow. This is the result.

True. You should have a chat with JFtoLong's dog. Dude has mad knowledge on the game.

Don't try to pump yourself up, my dog does not know anything about football. That was a reflection of your knowledge of football, not his.

The Rex lovers want to give Rex a pass for building such dog sh!t for a team, by saying that everything wrong with this team is Sanchez.

No. We praise Rex for winning with the dog sh*t team that Tannenbaum built. You have reduced Tannenbaum's role with this team as being a cap expert and nothing more. He has the final word on all personnel decisions and occassionally throws Rex a bone (Jim Leonhard, Bart Scott, John Conner and a few others).

No. We praise Rex for winning with the dog sh*t team that Tannenbaum built. You have reduced Tannenbaum's role with this team as being a cap expert and nothing more. He has the final word on all personnel decisions and occassionally throws Rex a bone (Jim Leonhard, Bart Scott, John Conner and a few others).

Rex Ryan is a horrible Football coach who knows nothing about defense. Fact. Why? JFtoLong discussed it with his dog and they came to this brilliant conclusion.

Only when I quote you.

square peg round hole...we're ground and pound with a 7th rounder and an UDFA journeyman on our starting OL....and a 3rd round RB....but we just gave our team cancer WR who's really just as slot WR $50M. We made him captain but he was such a horrible leader we nixed the whole captain thing for everybody. I mean, who knew? Right? We also drafted an undersized pass catching TE in the first round because he fit our ground and pound philosophy so well. We also needed another CB in the first after locking up Revis and Cro with some pretty hefty contracts. It's because we like to blitz so much, but the jokes on you...because we don't blitz so much anymore. Gotcha NFL! We can't really sign Free Agents because we like our slow, giant, old Linebackers to feel comfortable enough that they don't really need to get off their blocks. Genius? Maybe. It's all about being a players coach. We also like to encourage mediocrity by extending our QB's contract while he constantly underperforms. We're all really loyal and our coach cares about winning bc he's a winner...which is why we spent our entire offseason chasing a backup QB who is the only QB in the NFL less accurate than our starter. But he fits our ground and pound philosophy so much the defense will never see it coming when he enters the game. We'll fool everyone by making him run routes sometimes. We'll have TWO QBs on the field at the same time, neither of which can throw a 5 yard out.

square peg round hole...we're ground and pound with a 7th rounder and an UDFA journeyman on our starting OL....and a 3rd round RB....but we just gave our team cancer WR who's really just as slot WR $50M. We made him captain but he was such a horrible leader we nixed the whole captain thing for everybody. I mean, who knew? Right? We also drafted an undersized pass catching TE in the first round because he fit our ground and pound philosophy so well. We also needed another CB in the first after locking up Revis and Cro we some pretty hefty contracts. It's because we like to blitz so much, but the jokes on you...because we don't blitz so much anymore. Gotcha NFL! We can't really sign Free Agents because we like our slow, giant, old Linebackers to feel comfortable enough that they don't really need to get off their blocks. Genius? Maybe. It's all about being a players coach. We also like to encourage mediocrity by extending our QB's contract while he constantly underperforms. We're all really loyal and our coach cares about winning bc he's a winner...which is why we spent our entire offseason chasing a backup QB who is the only QB in the NFL less accurate than our starter. But he fits our ground and pound philosophy so much the defense will never see it coming when he enters the game. We'll fool everyone by making him run routes sometimes. We'll have TWO QBs on the field at the same time, neither of which can throw a 5 yard out.

To be fair, Keller was a Mangini era pick.

The rest is 100 % accurate.

What pisses me off is that yes, now Sanchez DOES suck (Sanchez sucks) but it didn't have to BE this way. Here is a guy that was supposed to be THE answer for a decade at least and what do the Jets do to build a team around him? Hardly anything. It is amazing to me to watch a team so clueless as to not think that perhaps having a receiving corps for the Franchise guy to throw to is not an important thing to have. Here's his receivers from rookie year to now:

2009 - Wallace Wright, David Clowney, Brad Smith, Jericho Cotchery, Chansi Stuckey

2010 -Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes ,Brad Smith, Patrick Turner

2011 - Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley,

2012 - Clyde Gates, Stephen Hill, Jason Hill, Chaz Schilens, Kerley

Now a lot of guys got signed played a little got cut and resigned but where is the consistency? This is the biggest failure and I put this on Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum...they have turned him into David Carr and it didn't have to BE this way.

Yep.

Problem is I don't think we intended to win games 13-10 back when we drafted Sanchez in 2009. It just morphed into that situation by Sanchez's play. We've had to adapt how we've drafted around a sucky QB we simply hoped would get better because we HAD to. Everyone's jobs ride on Sanchez so we had to make it work somehow. This is the result.

Well, when we drafted Sanchez it was almost in self-defense as there was a gaping hole at QB and even Rex knows you need one of those. It's been quite some time since that draft and the Kyle Wilsons, Muhammad Wilkersons, Quinton Coples have kept on coming.

What pisses me off is that yes, now Sanchez DOES suck (Sanchez sucks) but it didn't have to BE this way. Here is a guy that was supposed to be THE answer for a decade at least and what do the Jets do to build a team around him? Hardly anything. It is amazing to me to watch a team so clueless as to not think that perhaps having a receiving corps for the Franchise guy to throw to is not an important thing to have. Here's his receivers from rookie year to now:

2009 - Wallace Wright, David Clowney, Brad Smith, Jericho Cotchery, Chansi Stuckey

Now a lot of guys got signed played a little got cut and resigned but where is the consistency? This is the biggest failure and I put this on Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum...they have turned him into David Carr and it didn't have to BE this way.

the Plex for BE swap was a huge nail in the coffin IMO. Not replacing Faneca and Woody was the other.

Yes and very true......hence this is all on Rex and Tanny

He ought to be shot for that Pennington-esque deep ball to Kerley. Granted, if he had put it on a line it probably would have gotten tipped but c'mon. Kerley is a punt returner (a pretty good one). Give him some time and space to create something and it's very likely he would have scored.

Sanchez has zero feel for the game and sucks.

I think your last sentence says it all. We see Rex for who he really is. Listen have you ever seen an NFL team so F'ed up that first you have 10 players , then 12, need to take time outs for stuff like that, have three time outs not take them and there is no urgence shown. It is actually amazing to see all of this unfold. People want to hammer Sanchez and Tebow....The real story is Rex's lack of HC direction. This is crystal clear to me. This does not mean he can learn and fix it, but you can't make strategic mistakes over and over again its a joke.

I am not a Sanchez fan, but there is no way he is the only one to blame here. This is all on Rex and Tanny.

If they really are going to insert multiple QBs (which is assi*******nine) then they need to get it down, instead of looking

like its the first time they have done it..

He ought to be shot for that Pennington-esque deep ball to Kerley. Granted, if he had put it on a line it probably would have gotten tipped but c'mon. Kerley is a punt returner (a pretty good one). Give him some time and space to create something and it's very likely he would have scored.

Sanchez has zero feel for the game and sucks.

If it's the one I'm thinking of I won't kill him for that. He had to step up and had to throw it late. He wasn't able to use his normal motion. There were others where he just sat in the pocket and sh*t the bed. That is why I kill him for the Cromartie ball. Cro was well by Joseph. Just throw it out there over his head and let him run under it. I know Cro doesn't practice with him much. Big deal. Put it on the field at a minimum.

Funny story. The Plax for BE swap was such a HUGE favorite at that point of time on this board.

I was just trying to remember if you were the guy fighting with me over that one. Fact is they are both pretty well done. Burress was a big part of our red zone effectiveness, but not much good between the 20s. Braylon was basically useless.

I was just trying to remember if you were the guy fighting with me over that one. Fact is they are both pretty well done. Burress was a big part of our red zone effectiveness, but not much good between the 20s. Braylon was basically useless.

I forgot who they all were. Never thought it was you though.

But come on are we still at square one. So BE has the same injury on the JETS that ruined his season in San Fran ?

Cumberland should have caught it but the throw was crap. Lucas put it well: throw came in too high and way too hot.

Cumberland is 6'4" and had to jump with full extension. He was able to get hands on it so I say therefore he should have caught it. But it's not even a factor if Sanchez hits him in the numbers or the face. Why throw it 4' over Cumberland's head? Because he has no control over where he throws it. When he's on target it's also lucky and by accident.

That's the problem in a nutshell. We were three competant QB throws away from winning that game rather easily.

At the end of the 1st half if he waits a split second he has an easy TD rather than the 10 point swing we saw.

I think they give him the season to get it together and then move on contract or no contract. He had his moments last night and looked much more in control but he lost the game by missing throws he just has to make or telegraphing passes.

I do think he plays better the rest of the way without Holmes

If it's the one I'm thinking of I won't kill him for that. He had to step up and had to throw it late. He wasn't able to use his normal motion. There were others where he just sat in the pocket and sh*t the bed. That is why I kill him for the Cromartie ball. Cro was well by Joseph. Just throw it out there over his head and let him run under it. I know Cro doesn't practice with him much. Big deal. Put it on the field at a minimum.

The Cro one was godawful as well. The Kerley one that I got all worked up about was the play where the corner just tripped at the line of scrimmage and Kerley was all alone waving his arm. He threw it late and entirely too high. Who the **** was he throwing it over? The safety 20 yards away? Just blew my mind,

I forgot who they all were. Never thought it was you though.

But come on are we still at square one. So BE has the same injury on the JETS that ruined his season in San Fran ?

When he is basically out of the league? The fact that nobody was interested in him in 2011 and 2012 should tell you something. He has 53 yards receiving through almost 1/3 of a season. I'm not going to jump up and down and yell we were right with the way we handled WR, but letting Edwards walk was not a mistake.

When he is basically out of the league? The fact that nobody was interested in him in 2011 and 2012 should tell you something. He has 53 yards receiving through almost 1/3 of a season. I'm not going to jump up and down and yell we were right with the way we handled WR, but letting Edwards walk was not a mistake.

:face:

Archived