Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

Discuss this exciting new topic.

2 picks

2 fumbles

How many batted/tipped passes? 4? 5?

4th consecutive game completing under 50% of his passes.

Terrible football player. Terrible.

The knock on Tebow = he has a slow release time, and doesn't complete a lot of passes. Usually under 50%. But he will make up for a lot running the ball and rallying the scrubs around him.

The knock on Sanchez = he can't throw over D-linemen, throws a lot of INTs, or tipped-balls that get INTed, fumbles often, doesn't complete a lot of passes. Currently under 50%. Plus he sulks like a ****ing baby over every mistake bringing the whole team down.

Simple math, imo.

I don't care how terrible people thing Tebow is, he will fare much better if we just run the offense Denver did last year. So it comes down to this... do we want to win 3 games this year and have a great draft pick, or do we want to scratch and claw our way to a 1st round playoff loss?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have been thru this. True. And i do not want to rehash it.

But even now the fact that anyone thinks Plax move was a better one for the JETS just baffles me. I will leave it at that.

Baffles is a good word. I feel pretty much the same about your feelings on Edwards.

It's like fighting over whether you'd like to get hit with a bat or a crow bar. Neither one is going to be fun and it wasn't going to be good which one of those oversized goons was on the team in 2012, but we still we fight and shake our heads!

It's remarkable that anyone could defend Sanchez at this point.

Everyone knows he isn't playing with the best weapons/coaches/etc. We get it.

The problem is, that regardless of whether the deck is stacked against him or not, he does have opportunities to make plays. We saw it again last night. When Mark has an open WR and time, it's still anyone's guess if he'll make a play. He's terribly inaccurate. Cromartie had his man beat by 3 steps, and Sanchez blew it. We saw a similar play with Schillens previously.

Ignoring everything else, Sanchez does not make the most out of the opportunities he is given. So, of course we'd be better if he had better whatever, but that doesn't change the fact that when everything is perfect, ie, open wrs and time, he's still a 50/50 proposition to make a play.

Per Manish:

17 quarterbacks have been victimized by same number or more drops as Jets QB Mark Sanchez (10) this season, per Pro Football Focus.
#
nyj

Yeah but they don't have cancers and Shonne Greenes and injuries and they didnt lose Braylon Edwards and they don't have Kyle Wilsons and ANTONIO CROMARTIE DROPPING CIRCUS CATCHES AND CHAZ SCHILLENS DROPPING ONSIDE KICKS AND AND NICK MANGOLD NOT DOING HIS JOB AND BILAL POWELL TRIPPING AND BATTED DOWN PASSES AND TIPPED PASSES!!!!

Sorry for yelling.

Per Manish:

17 quarterbacks have been victimized by same number or more drops as Jets QB Mark Sanchez (10) this season, per Pro Football Focus.
#
nyj

Just think: if all those passes had been caught, his completion percentage would be a sterling 54.7% and he'd move from 32nd in the league to 31st. COMIN' FOR YA, BLAINE GABBERT.

Yeah but they don't have cancers and Shonne Greenes and injuries and they didnt lose Braylon Edwards and they don't have Kyle Wilsons and ANTONIO CROMARTIE DROPPING CIRCUS CATCHES AND CHAZ SCHILLENS DROPPING ONSIDE KICKS AND AND NICK MANGOLD NOT DOING HIS JOB AND BILAL POWELL TRIPPING AND BATTED DOWN PASSES AND TIPPED PASSES!!!!

Sorry for yelling.

Leave the caps locking to me yo.

You also happened to forget Tebows.

Rex cant like him that much. I like him as our head coach because he brings the defense with him. I just cant understand how rex hasnt benched him or even said a word of criticism to sanchez.

he definitely brought the defense with himn this year. defense is great.....but you can't just ignore the offense. you need to score alot to win in this league

square peg round hole...we're ground and pound with a 7th rounder and an UDFA journeyman on our starting OL....and a 3rd round RB....but we just gave our team cancer WR who's really just as slot WR $50M. We made him captain but he was such a horrible leader we nixed the whole captain thing for everybody. I mean, who knew? Right? We also drafted an undersized pass catching TE in the first round because he fit our ground and pound philosophy so well. We also needed another CB in the first after locking up Revis and Cro with some pretty hefty contracts. It's because we like to blitz so much, but the jokes on you...because we don't blitz so much anymore. Gotcha NFL! We can't really sign Free Agents because we like our slow, giant, old Linebackers to feel comfortable enough that they don't really need to get off their blocks. Genius? Maybe. It's all about being a players coach. We also like to encourage mediocrity by extending our QB's contract while he constantly underperforms. We're all really loyal and our coach cares about winning bc he's a winner...which is why we spent our entire offseason chasing a backup QB who is the only QB in the NFL less accurate than our starter. But he fits our ground and pound philosophy so much the defense will never see it coming when he enters the game. We'll fool everyone by making him run routes sometimes. We'll have TWO QBs on the field at the same time, neither of which can throw a 5 yard out.

Almost like Houston!

6th round center

7th round RT

undrafted RB

They only have two players on their entire offense taken in the first 2 1/2 rounds of the draft: Duane Brown (2008 #26) and Andre Johnson (2003 #3).

How about Washington (averaging 28 ppg this year)

top 5 pick QB, like us

6th round RB

2nd round TE, like us

top 5 pick LT, like us

7th rounder and undrafted players starting on their OL, like us

Both of their (regular) starting WRs were originally taken in round 6

lol

square peg round hole...we're ground and pound with a 7th rounder and an UDFA journeyman on our starting OL....and a 3rd round RB....but we just gave our team cancer WR who's really just as slot WR $50M. We made him captain but he was such a horrible leader we nixed the whole captain thing for everybody. I mean, who knew? Right? We also drafted an undersized pass catching TE in the first round because he fit our ground and pound philosophy so well. We also needed another CB in the first after locking up Revis and Cro with some pretty hefty contracts. It's because we like to blitz so much, but the jokes on you...because we don't blitz so much anymore. Gotcha NFL! We can't really sign Free Agents because we like our slow, giant, old Linebackers to feel comfortable enough that they don't really need to get off their blocks. Genius? Maybe. It's all about being a players coach. We also like to encourage mediocrity by extending our QB's contract while he constantly underperforms. We're all really loyal and our coach cares about winning bc he's a winner...which is why we spent our entire offseason chasing a backup QB who is the only QB in the NFL less accurate than our starter. But he fits our ground and pound philosophy so much the defense will never see it coming when he enters the game. We'll fool everyone by making him run routes sometimes. We'll have TWO QBs on the field at the same time, neither of which can throw a 5 yard out.

If Greene sucks it's because he sucks not because he was taken in round 3.

Alfred Morris = round 6

Arian Foster = undrafted

Stevan Ridley = round 3

Fred Jackson = undrafted

BenJarvus Green-Ellis = undrafted

MJD = end of round 2 (5 picks ahead of where we took Greene)

Jamaal Charles = round 3

LeSean McCoy = round 2 (12 picks ahead of where we took Greene)

Ahmad Bradshaw = round 7

DeMarco Murray = round 3

Cedric Benson = round 1, but he's old and they got him for cheap off the scrap heap, not in round 1

Mikel Leshoure = round 2 (8 picks ahead of where we took Greene)

Michael Turner = round 5

Pierre Thomas = undrafted / Darren Sproles = round 4

Frank Gore = round 3

Seems to me half the starting RBs were taken about as late or later than Greene, and it would seem that it's who was taken, not when they were taken. Some damn good ones in this group, wouldn't you agree?

If Greene sucks it's because he sucks not because he was taken in round 3.

Alfred Morris = round 6

Arian Foster = undrafted

Stevan Ridley = round 3

Fred Jackson = undrafted

BenJarvus Green-Ellis = undrafted

MJD = end of round 2 (5 picks ahead of where we took Greene)

Jamaal Charles = round 3

LeSean McCoy = round 2 (12 picks ahead of where we took Greene)

Ahmad Bradshaw = round 7

DeMarco Murray = round 3

Cedric Benson = round 1, but he's old and they got him for cheap off the scrap heap, not in round 1

Mikel Leshoure = round 2 (8 picks ahead of where we took Greene)

Michael Turner = round 5

Pierre Thomas = undrafted / Darren Sproles = round 4

Frank Gore = round 3

Seems to me half the starting RBs were taken about as late or later than Greene, and it would seem that it's who was taken, not when they were taken. Some damn good ones in this group, wouldn't you agree?

touché. My point was the don't claim you're gonna ground and pound if you don't have the personnel. Which they obviously don't.

Someone forgot to give this message to Jim Harbaugh.

Ummmm, have you happened to see what the 49ers are doing passing the ball?

They did not need to against the Jets because of the Swiss cheese run defense we have, but they can throw the ball.

Jimmy boy went out and got some receivers to go with Davis this year, and all the sudden Smith is looking pretty good, amazing what coaching, a running game, and capable receivers can do.

Smith was regarded as worse than Sanchez just a few short years ago.

he definitely brought the defense with himn this year. defense is great.....but you can't just ignore the offense. you need to score alot to win in this league

i understand that but I truly believe offense has atleast 70% relying on QB in this league. The knock on great coaches are where would they be without their star QB not normally the other way around.

It not all Sanchez , the wide outs can't catch a ball , it's all on the GM , Jets can,t stop the run and no one is open to catch the ball , the GM got to go , very poor planing , where is the talent on this team , Tebow waste of a pick

well it IS the GM's job to find and hire people who you know, know HOW to play the game of football

Cool. Tebow was the greatest HS player in the country. The greatest college player in the country. The greatest player in the NFL last year.

The last sentence you blew any semblance of cred you might have once had completely off the microscope slide.. He is *arguably* one of the more notable college hall of famer to be's.*Some would even go as far as saying he is "the greatest college football bla bla bla.." I have heard that.

Waving any of that around in the NFL is stupid..it is completely different..way faster, way more physical , and way more complex.. he was not the best player in the NFL by any stretch last year.

The annals (with emphasis on anal) of football history are littered with little specs of extraordinary

college level athletes who became car salesmen after being chased out of the N F L .. Tebow just may

be one of those people.. Sanchez may be.. who knows..

Saying "Sanchez Sucks" is like walking into a room of mentally challenged children and pointing out one child as being the "misfit".

Improving the QB position is not going to fix this franchise. The problem is much deeper than that.

The problem resides with talent acquisition and talent development. The Jets can't do it and Tannenbaum and Ryan are the biggest problems. The team is in free fall and spiraling beyond any of their control. Tannenbaum is outmatched in franchise building. Ryan is the bully who gets hit in the mouth for the first time and can not react.

Picking on Sanchez is too easy. Think bigger and have courage to change the entire structure

Saying "Sanchez Sucks" is like walking into a room of mentally challenged children and pointing out one child as being the "misfit".

Improving the QB position is not going to fix this franchise. The problem is much deeper than that.

The problem resides with talent acquisition and talent development. The Jets can't do it and Tannenbaum and Ryan are the biggest problems. The team is in free fall and spiraling beyond any of their control. Tannenbaum is outmatched in franchise building. Ryan is the bully who gets hit in the mouth for the first time and can not react.

Picking on Sanchez is too easy. Think bigger and have courage to change the entire structure

Yup yup.

Those who do nothing but scream about how bad Sanchez sucks are intellectually lazy, and or don't understand football.

WHat is this Jets teams record with Brady?

It's all about the QB....no one bitched in '09-'10 when the team went for it by mortgaging the future per se'

It is what it is...The JEts can win with Sanchez, but need to fill the roster with pro bowlers to do so

But Sanchez sucks.

It's all about the QB....no one bitched in '09-'10 when the team went for it by mortgaging the future per se'

It is what it is...The JEts can win with Sanchez, but need to fill the roster with pro bowlers to do so

Jone, the offense coordinator can not figure out how to shuffle personnel in and out of the huddle.

The defensive coordinator has all the "toys" that they drafted the last several years to "get to the quarterback". They can't touch one. They can't even have a jailbreak on a blitz.

Not to mention that they can't tackle or stop the run.

The problems are FAR deeper than the QB.

Houston toyed with the Jets last night, and if they ever REALLY needed a score, you know they could have marched right down the field.

The brain trust on this team is devoid.

I actually feel bad for Westhoff. He has to be shaking his head being surrounded by dolts

Jone, the offense coordinator can not figure out how to shuffle personnel in and out of the huddle.

The defensive coordinator has all the "toys" that they drafted the last several years to "get to the quarterback". They can't touch one. They can't even have a jailbreak on a blitz.

Not to mention that they can't tackle or stop the run.

The problems are FAR deeper than the QB.

Houston toyed with the Jets last night, and if they ever REALLY needed a score, you know they could have marched right down the field.

The brain trust on this team is devoid

Plus Sanchez sucks.

Honestly, I have read enough of your posts to know that your football knowledge is less than my dog's. And I am not trying to be insulting, I am really not, you just absolutely have no clue about football.

You are a passionate fan, and I applaud you for that, but you really don't understand the game at all.

So I am not overly concerned with your analysis.

POTMFW

Is Brady available?

I say get him if he is.

Actually, plenty did both. Visionaries, I say.

again the new sanchez apologist appraoch. " IF we had all pro bowlers sanchez would be great!"

Archived