Why does anyone get upset about Rex's bluster?

slats

Or even believe it?

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something, but I just completely dismiss statements like, "Mark is playing great," or, "this is the best team I've ever had." I don't -not for a second- believe that Rex believes those things. I just think he's a naturally upbeat, positive guy who believes in motivating his players thru positive reinforcement. It's this man's personality.

Would it be better if he said his team was old and slow and every QB on his roster sucks?

He's trying to prop up a rather weak-willed Sanchez, knowing full well that he has no other option. Even if you like Tebow (and it doesn't seem like anyone on the team does), it turns out he should be sidelined with broken ribs.

Same thing with his defense. He talks them up, but he's obviously trying to get younger and faster.

In either case, he's being asked to turn chicken sh*t into chicken salad. All he's doing is trying to put a brave face on it.

Why would anyone believe that Rex wants to be tied to Sanchez for another minute at this point? He'll continue to talk him up, maybe even hope to find a trade partner, but there's no doubt in my mind that he understands they need to get better at the QB position. A lot better.

Rex may get fired, and he may deserve it, but I see a lot of people quoting him as if he's saying things he actually believes, and that's somehow evidence against him. I don't buy that at all.

I get the Sanchez argument. I'd've benched him, too. I'm wondering how much credence should be put into the report that Tebow plays x amount of plays, and he gets a big salary bump in 2013 as a result. Between Tebow sucking and his contract, there could be a couple reasons they leave Sanchez in. And they can't leapfrog Tebow to get to McElroy, because that's essentially announcing that the Tebow acquisition was stupid - and the Woody Johnson Jets are terrible at admitting their mistakes and moving on. This is a long standing problem.

I think Rex is stuck with Sanchez, and talks him up because he doesn't know what else to do.

Or even believe it?

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something, but I just completely dismiss statements like, "Mark is playing great," or, "this is the best team I've ever had." I don't -not for a second- believe that Rex believes those things. I just think he's a naturally upbeat, positive guy who believes in motivating his players thru positive reinforcement. It's this man's personality.

Would it be better if he said his team was old and slow and every QB on his roster sucks?

He's trying to prop up a rather weak-willed Sanchez, knowing full well that he has no other option. Even if you like Tebow (and it doesn't seem like anyone on the team does), it turns out he should be sidelined with broken ribs.

Same thing with his defense. He talks them up, but he's obviously trying to get younger and faster.

In either case, he's being asked to turn chicken sh*t into chicken salad. All he's doing is trying to put a brave face on it.

Why would anyone believe that Rex wants to be tied to Sanchez for another minute at this point? He'll continue to talk him up, maybe even hope to find a trade partner, but there's no doubt in my mind that he understands they need to get better at the QB position. A lot better.

Rex may get fired, and he may deserve it, but I see a lot of people quoting him as if he's saying things he actually believes, and that's somehow evidence against him. I don't buy that at all.

You are over analyzing. Its a simple case of him being in denial and whistling past the graveyard.

You are over analyzing. Its a simple case of him being in denial and whistling past the graveyard.

I really don't think so. If/when Rex gets fired from this job, I imagine we'll start to hear a lot about what was really going on behind the scenes.

I think it is important to a fan of a team to have a coach who speaks and acts like an adult. Heck, I would expect that from one of my sons' little league coaches. I certainly think Rex should behave like one. As for the lying at press conferences, well, that is why I stopped watching them. The games are starting to look like some kind of lie as well.

Or even believe it?

Who is running this nut house? First off there is zero accountability on this team ZERO. Our special teams and defense is tanking. The offense looks like sh*t. And Rex talks more and more....did you listen to his post game presser? Its pathetic.

In my opinion he is done. And so is this circus act team he has destroyed since he got here. Nobody wants to say it, but I am..he didn't build this team, but he certainly is destroying it.

Modeling. We all want our coach, or QB, or wife, to fit the paradigm of what has worked for others in the past. Belichick is like Parcells who was like Lombardi who was like Bear Bryant.

Nah. I wish it was as simple as this... for me personally, this has nothing to do with it.

I can smell a bullsh*tter a mile a way. Rex, and his whole routine, stunk like good old boy used car salesman sh*t mouth from day one to me... ever seen "The Great Outdoors"?

Rex is Uncle Roman.

All arrogance, talk and showmanship... propped up by insecurity and a load of sh*t.

I really don't think so. If/when Rex gets fired from this job, I imagine we'll start to hear a lot about what was really going on behind the scenes.

Oh, there is very obviously problems behind the scenes. There have been multiple soundbytes from Rex about coaches getting the best out of the players they have on the roster, these are tactical statements... it's as close as Rex will come to throwing Tanny under the bus publicly, but don't sleep on it. Rex is saying he and his coaches are doing their jobs well, which leaves the roster as the culprit... he's putting this at Tanny's feet. Pun intended.

Who is running this nut house? First off there is zero accountability on this team ZERO. Our special teams and defense is tanking. The offense looks like sh*t. And Rex talks more and more....did you listen to his post game presser? Its pathetic.

In my opinion he is done. And so is this circus act team he has destroyed since he got here. Nobody wants to say it, but I am..he didn't build this team, but he certainly is destroying it.

Feel free to not like the guy, but that's just a ridiculous statement. He's taken the Jets to as many AFC Championship Games in four years as the franchise had experienced in the previous 40 years.

And who exactly built what? This team was 4-12 two years before he got here, and went 9-7 the previous year with Brett Favre at QB. Rex matched that record with a rookie Mark Sanchez at QB, getting to the first of those aforementioned AFC Championships. It's not like he took over Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys. This was not a good team. Tannenbaum's been trying to hold it together with band-aids and bubble-gum for years. It was only a matter of time before the wheels fell off.

Or even believe it?

Yeah I agree.

Feel free to not like the guy, but that's just a ridiculous statement. He's taken the Jets to as many AFC Championship Games in four years as the franchise had experienced in the previous 40 years.

And who exactly built what? This team was 4-12 two years before he got here, and went 9-7 the previous year with Brett Favre at QB. Rex matched that record with a rookie Mark Sanchez at QB, getting to the first of those aforementioned AFC Championships. It's not like he took over Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys. This was not a good team. Tannenbaum's been trying to hold it together with band-aids and bubble-gum for years. It was only a matter of time before the wheels fell off.

Give me a break dude.....you love Rex ok I get it, but this guy is not the answer. Like it or not, I have seen the script before

Archived