No hometown discount from Landry for Jets

Scott Dierking

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As loathsome as I find agreeing with dierking to be, I agree. Plenty of players have taken less to stay put

True, but do they all announce it months before the free agent signing period? Some do, but it's certainly not a reason to fault the Jets. If they signed this injury prone malcontent to a long term deal I'd be hearing Dierking rant about how stupid it was. If he wanted to "give the hometown discount" he might still be playing in Washington.

True, but do they all announce it months before the free agent signing period? Some do, but it's certainly not a reason to fault the Jets. If they signed this injury prone malcontent to a long term deal I'd be hearing Dierking rant about how stupid it was. If he wanted to "give the hometown discount" he might still be playing in Washington.

Please do not put protestations in my mouth that you know nothing about.

I am actually loathe to the idea of the Jets putting MORE money in their secondary. They have an imbalance there, and it is a bad way to build a team.

My commentary strictly centered around a player not even saying he would give the Jets "first shot". He has seen the writing on the wall with this regime.

Please do not put protestations in my mouth that you know nothing about.

I am actually loathe to the idea of the Jets putting MORE money in their secondary. They have an imbalance there, and it is a bad way to build a team.

My commentary strictly centered around a player not even saying he would give the Jets "first shot". He has seen the writing on the wall with this regime.

Um. How about I put this protestation in your mouth? The one I bolded. It's a crock of sh*t and you know it. Read it and choke on it. What does the fact that a guy (who signed a cheap one year deal to prove he was healthy) not wanting to play for less money have to do with "the writing on the wall?" Not much. I guess that Brady saw the writing on the wall when he held the Pats up for $80M with $50M guaranteed or Brees with $100M with $40M guaranteed - oh no, that's right... they gave the hometown discount.

Um. How about I put this protestation in your mouth? The one I bolded. It's a crock of sh*t and you know it. Read it and choke on it. What does the fact that a guy (who signed a cheap one year deal to prove he was healthy) not wanting to play for less money have to do with "the writing on the wall?" Not much. I guess that Brady saw the writing on the wall when he held the Pats up for $80M with $50M guaranteed or Brees with $100M with $40M guaranteed - oh no, that's right... they gave the hometown discount.

You are allowed to love a regime that is guiding your franchise in the wrong direction. No crime in that. Have fun with that next year. Only delaying the inevitable here.

None of Leonard, Scott and any other Raven castoffs that followed him over. I would easily say.

Remember when Trevor Pryce was cut, the Ravens told him to wait and they'd resign him but he signed with Jets to play for Rex? I do.

Remember when the Jets biggest rival a$$hole next to Tom Brady, Jason Taylor signed with the Jets because of Rex Ryan? I do.

Remember when future HOF RB, LT, was a free agent and had many teams courting him but he chose the Jets because of Rex Ryan? I do. Remember when the Jets asked him to take a pay cut his 2nd season here and he did? I do.

Remember when Laron Landry was a cheap FA and looking to prove himself healthy and had a bunch of other teams courting him but he chose the Jets? I do.

You are allowed to love a regime that is guiding your franchise in the wrong direction. No crime in that. Have fun with that next year. Only delaying the inevitable here.

What does loving the regime or hating them have to do with this? A football player, a known mercenary, is looking to get paid. How on earth is that supposed to reflect on the organization in either a positive or negative light? It has nothing to do with anything, but you post it as part of your agenda. There are plenty of reasons to hate these guys, but this is not one of them.

Remember when Trevor Pryce was cut, the Ravens told him to wait and they'd resign him but he signed with Jets to play for Rex? I do.

Remember when the Jets biggest rival a$$hole next to Tom Brady, Jason Taylor signed with the Jets because of Rex Ryan? I do.

Remember when future HOF RB, LT, was a free agent and had many teams courting him but he chose the Jets because of Rex Ryan? I do. Remember when the Jets asked him to take a pay cut his 2nd season here and he did? I do.

Remember when Laron Landry was a cheap FA and looking to prove himself healthy and had a bunch of other teams courting him but he chose the Jets? I do.

That is quite an illustrious list of NFL talent that was at it's peak when the Jets bought those players.

Remember the Super Bowls they helped bring this organization? That was awesome.

The Jets a an organization that is in current decline. It is going to get worse before it gets better. The real question is, do we want people who will be fighting in job protect mode, and mortgaging the future to save themselves, or someone who is competent and has a plan on how to come out of this? Let's make it better before this regime makes it worse

They came to play for money. Too much in most cases.

So to recap:

Rex saying "As long as they want to come here and play and I’m overrated, that’s fine, but I want them to want to come here and play."

+

Landry saying "I’m going to sit down with my agent and family and make the best business decision."

=

Players don't want to play for Rex?????

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

That and Rex sucks.

Your idiocy is difficult to measure, much like the true depths of the ocean.

That is quite an illustrious list of NFL talent that was at it's peak when the Jets bought those players.

Remember the Super Bowls they helped bring this organization? That was awesome.

The Jets a an organization that is in current decline. It is going to get worse before it gets better. The real question is, do we want people who will be fighting in job protect mode, and mortgaging the future to save themselves, or someone who is competent and has a plan on how to come out of this? Let's make it better before this regime makes it worse

How much of a decline are the Jets actually in? Seems like they've been very consistent over the past 10-12 years. A potential Wild Card team, year in, year out, playing in the same division as Brady and BB.

9-7, 11-5, 8-8 and what, possibly 9-7 or 8-8 again? Thats not a huge variance. And not anything I'd really consider a "decline".

What if the Jets make the playoffs again? Still a decline? 3 out of 4 years for this regime in the playoffs? I certainly wouldnt find that to be a failure by any measurement when you consider they have the worst QB in the league plus all the rest of the adversity they've faced this season.

The cream of the scrap heap is still scrap, none of whom were "highly sought after." Tomlinson was the only other one who had an offer on the table, and he left here suicidal.

Dont try to make up for it now.

Continue with your a$$hole ways. You're a great addition around here.

The cream of the scrap heap is still scrap, none of whom were "highly sought after." Tomlinson was the only other one who had an offer on the table, and he left here suicidal.

Dude, he got here suicidal. Don't remember all the sulking with his hands in his pockets and his Professor Chaos visor in the playoffs his last few years in SD?

Dont try to make up for it now.

Continue with your a$$hole ways. You're a great addition around here.

Addition? He's been subtracting from this place since it's inception. Long before even I arrived. If we didn't have Negative Nelly around maybe we could have gotten past the AFC Championship game!

So to recap:

Rex saying "As long as they want to come here and play and I’m overrated, that’s fine, but I want them to want to come here and play."

+

Landry saying "I’m going to sit down with my agent and family and make the best business decision."

=

Players don't want to play for Rex?????

Clown logic.

How much of a decline are the Jets actually in? Seems like they've been very consistent over the past 10-12 years. A potential Wild Card team, year in, year out, playing in the same division as Brady and BB.

9-7, 11-5, 8-8 and what, possibly 9-7 or 8-8 again? Thats not a huge variance. And not anything I'd really consider a "decline".

What if the Jets make the playoffs again? Still a decline? 3 out of 4 years for this regime in the playoffs? I certainly wouldnt find that to be a failure by any measurement when you consider they have the worst QB in the league plus all the rest of the adversity they've faced this season.

Let's see them make the playoffs first, then we can talk.

Let's see them make the playoffs first, then we can talk.

Fair enough. But there is a scenario that the Jets end up 9-7 and miss the playoffs, right? Is that a decline? That a better record than last year. Or what if they end up 8-8. Same record. Is that a decline?

Fair enough. But there is a scenario that the Jets end up 9-7 and miss the playoffs, right? Is that a decline? That a better record than last year. Or what if they end up 8-8. Same record. Is that a decline?

Yes, it is a decline from the first 2 years. In the first 2 years they were 6th best team in conference. If you don't make the playoffs, you are not in teh top 6.

That is a decline.

That, along with the baggage of the last 2 years.

Yes, it is a decline from the first 2 years. In the first 2 years they were 6th best team in conference. If you don't make the playoffs, you are not in teh top 6.

That is a decline.

That, along with the baggage of the last 2 years.

Hmmmm, well, it could be the Jets havent declined and stayed the same as other teams have improved. But I dont expect you to see it that way if thats how it went down. ;-)

Hmmmm, well, it could be the Jets havent declined and stayed the same as other teams have improved. But I dont expect you to see it that way if thats how it went down. ;-)

I football like any other sport, you are compared to your competition. If the competition has gotten better, and the Jets have failed to do so, then the Jets brass is to blame.

The sad thing is, the league actually has more parity, and theJets are not able to take advantage. They can beat bad teams, bur are not equipped to hang with the better teams.

So if we go 9-7 we will have improved, but we will still be "declining." I get it now. Makes perfect sense.

If teams are getting better around you, and you fall behind more teams, it is a decline. Don't see how it can be viewed any other way. Outside of a win this year vs a Colts team that was still feeling its way, the Jets have not had a win against a very good team in 2 years (Patriots playoff game).

Archived