What are the odds the Jets keep Tebow?

Blackout

I was talking about this in another thread. I wonder what Marty could get out of him and what role he could play in his offense. I'd really hate to see the Jets waste that 4th rounder given the total misuse of Tebow last year. Like him or not he is a play maker, but they had a complete moron runnning the O last year. If the Jets could at least make it look like they are going to keep him, so team may come in and offer reasonable trade vallue. As it stands now, they won't get a bag of peanuts for him.

Keep Tebow. Trade everyone else for first rounders!

(I think he's gone, even though I'd like to keep him in some half/full back capacity.

I was with that last year.  But I don't think Tebow wants that.  He still feels he's a QB.  Need to move on and get guys that play the positions they are slated for. 

If the Jets could at least make it look like they are going to keep him, so team may come in and offer reasonable trade vallue. As it stands now, they won't get a bag of peanuts for him.

Pretending they might put him to use wouldn't help. The only way the Jets will get anything for him is if there is more than one NFL team interested. Right now, I'm not sure there's more than one CFL team interested.

(I think he's gone, even though I'd like to keep him in some half/full back capacity.

He'd suck in that role, too. He's only effective as a runner when he's scrambling, when half the defense is in coverage or has their back turned to him. He averaged 3.2 ypc running the same plays Brad Smith averaged 7.9 ypc two years ago.

He could be useful as a backup in Seattle or Washington, IMHO -teams running college offenses- but I don't think either of them have an interest in him.

Pretending they might put him to use wouldn't help. The only way the Jets will get anything for him is if there is more than one NFL team interested. Right now, I'm not sure there's more than one CFL team interested.

He'd suck in that role, too. He's only effective as a runner when he's scrambling, when half the defense is in coverage or has their back turned to him. He averaged 3.2 ypc running the same plays Brad Smith averaged 7.9 ypc two years ago.

He could be useful as a backup in Seattle or Washington, IMHO -teams running college offenses- but I don't think either of them have an interest in him.

I don't know about that Slats. Tebow is still wildly popular, and I could see a few teams wanting him just for tickets sales and buzz he would create. Right now those teams are waiting for the Jets to cut him so they can get him for free. Now I don't know the salary cap implications off hand, but my thinking was to hold on to him for as long as possible, and once those teams realize they can't get him for nothing they will pony up.

I don't know about that Slats. Tebow is still wildly popular, and I could see a few teams wanting him just for tickets sales and buzz he would create. Right now those teams are waiting for the Jets to cut him so they can get him for free. Now I don't know the salary cap implications off hand, but my thinking was to hold on to him for as long as possible, and once those teams realize they can't get him for nothing they will pony up.

I'd have to imagine that most -if not all- of the league sees the Tebow popularity as more of a negative than a positive at this point, even if it might drive ticket sales a little.

I'd have to imagine that most -if not all- of the league sees the Tebow popularity as more of a negative than a positive at this point, even if it might drive ticket sales a little.

Just IMHO: Owners = Greed = Tebow driving ticket sales/PSL's/marketing. At any rate, I hate to see them get nothing back on the Tebow trade. That's why I hope they hold out as long as possible and see if someone bites.

I don't know that too many people were buying Jets tickets to watch Tebow not play. Any team that's hoping for a bump in that area will need to play him, and finding that team and that coach is going to be a tall order. If the Jets cut him, Belichick will sign him just to spite Woody.

I agree that his success running the ball came from the fact he was QB and not some talent as a runner. I just want to point out that he didn't run the same plays as Brad Smith.  As much as he was hated around here, Schottenheimer was considerably more innovative than Sparano IMO.  

I agree that his success running the ball came from the fact he was QB and not some talent as a runner. I just want to point out that he didn't run the same plays as Brad Smith.  As much as he was hated around here, Schottenheimer was considerably more innovative than Sparano IMO.  

bring out that ole bag of tricks and gizmos

Archived