Female Soccer Player To Try Out For The NFL

JetNation

what a publicity scam.. either this chick is making talk show rounds or is a spoiled brat, but she set women back LOL

ESPN article  said she didnt know how to properly tee a ball up without it falling over. A official had to intervene and tee it up for her. 

It's kind of strange that they let her try out.  There have to be women that can kick floating around.  She is claiming injury, but she is 28 years old? I'm betting that dozens of more qualified women kickers declined to pay the entry fee, so the NFL kept pushing down the list.  19 yard long?  That is horrific. 

It's kind of strange that they let her try out.  There have to be women that can kick floating around.  She is claiming injury, but she is 28 years old? I'm betting that dozens of more qualified women kickers declined to pay the entry fee, so the NFL kept pushing down the list.  19 yard long?  That is horrific. 

One of the freshman teams Little Sal played against this year had a girl kicker that drained PT's and a pretty nice 37-40 or so yarder.  She also kicked off pretty nice but ALWAYS ran OFF the field after kicking.  Never towards the action. 

if they don't let her, that's a lawsuit right? The league has enough of those pending.

No.  These are by invitation.  They don't get sued for not having any women at the regular combine.  The "regional combines" are additional tryouts that then lead to some national second combine.  The applicant's have to pay a fee to participate, but it increases the amount of players given technical "combine invites."  To me it seems more like a ploy to get ratings for their combine events.  Sort of like the moronic plan to have head to head events at the combine.  I read one of the Giants guys say that he thinks sometimes the NFL forgets that they have a job to do at the combine. 

To me it seems more like a ploy to get ratings for their combine events.  Sort of like the moronic plan to have head to head events at the combine.  I read one of the Giants guys say that he thinks sometimes the NFL forgets that they have a job to do at the combine. 

the job of the league is entertain and make money. the football is secondary. don't forget the NFL is roughly the same as the opera. They both sell overpriced season tickets that normal people can't afford.  and the purpose is to entertain. It's not the government and it's not the military. It's more like a circus. And the circus always needs new clowns.

the job of the league is entertain and make money. the football is secondary. don't forget the NFL is roughly the same as the opera. They both sell overpriced season tickets that normal people can't afford. and the purpose is to entertain. It's not the government and it's not the military. It's more like a circus. And the circus always needs new clowns.

They have the Jets

No.  These are by invitation.   

the national scouting combine in Indy are by invitiation. these are by registration, meaning the league gets requests from the players who want to try out, and can either approve or deny them. 

the national scouting combine in Indy are by invitiation. these are by registration, meaning the league gets requests from the players who want to try out, and can either approve or deny them. 

I stand corrected. One of the articles seemed like it was by invitation, but they were just saying that was in addition to the players invited to the combine.  Basically, what you need is $275 and no college eligibility.  This chick wasn't even a real soccer player.  "Club" soccer player is one step above intramural.  She has some kind of silly consulting firm that is supposed to use video games to help athletes improve performance.  Apparently it doesn't work well for kickers.

what a publicity scam.. either this chick is making talk show rounds or is a spoiled brat, but she set women back LOL

ESPN article  said she didnt know how to properly tee a ball up without it falling over. A official had to intervene and tee it up for her. 

She was there because she was good looking.  Not sure who she was connected to but it is embarrassing to women.  There are thousands of female soccer players that would have been better qualified.

I stand corrected. One of the articles seemed like it was by invitation, but they were just saying that was just saying that in addition to the players invited to the combine.  Basically, what you need is $275 and no college eligibility.  This chick wasn't even a real soccer player.  "Club" soccer player is one step above intramural.  She has some kind of silly consulting firm that is supposed to use video games to help athletes improve performance.  Apparently it doesn't work well for kickers.

I played Madden for years.  Where is my tryout?

by the way, NFL.com is reporting that next year these combines will have pre-screenings. Presumably because of this situation. 

It wouldn't have been so bad if we didn't have footage of her basically missing the ball on the tee and kicking worse than your average 12 year old pee wee player.  

Archived