Ex-Dolphin Mark Duper charged with child abuse

JADEDGREEN

Ex-Dolphin Mark Duper arrested in Jacksonville

FOX Sports Florida Staff Reports

March 21, 2013, 12:52pm
761381.jpg
Mark Duper

Former Miami Dolphins wide receiver Mark Duper was arrested in Jacksonville on Wednesday and charged with child abuse after a reported fight with his 17-year-old son on Tuesday night.

According to the arrest report, Duper allegedly punched, body slammed and choked the teen during the fight, which took place at Duper's home. 

Hugh Green, another former Dolphins player who was visiting the house with his children, told The Florida Times-Union the disagreement started after Duper learned his son had sent a threatening text to his girlfriend.

The argument escalated into several scuffles that took place inside and outside the home. According the police report, Green eventually intervened to break up the fight that left the teen with cuts on his face and arms. The boy also reportedly lost consciousness a couple of times.

Green, though, defended Duper's actions.

“Mark had scratched-up knees and cuts and all kind of stuff," Green told The Florida Times-Union. "There were no punches passed. It was more wrestling as Mark defended himself.

“... What is happening to Mark shouldn’t be happening. He was a father trying to defend himself from a son who thinks he can beat him.”

Duper played from the Dolphins from 1982-1992, catching 511 passes for 8,869 yards and 59 touchdowns. He was inducted into the Dolphins Honor Roll in 2003.

In 1996, Duper was acquitted on charges of buying cocaine with intent to sell.

Former Miami Dolphins wide receiver Mark Duper was arrested in Jacksonville on Wednesday and charged with child abuse after a reported fight with his 17-year-old son on Tuesday night.

According to the arrest report, Duper allegedly punched, body slammed and choked the teen during the fight, which took place at Duper's home. 

Hugh Green, another former Dolphins player who was visiting the house with his children, told The Florida Times-Union the disagreement started after Duper learned his son had sent a threatening text to his girlfriend.

The argument escalated into several scuffles that took place inside and outside the home. According the police report, Green eventually intervened to break up the fight that left the teen with cuts on his face and arms. The boy also reportedly lost consciousness a couple of times.

Green, though, defended Duper's actions.

“Mark had scratched-up knees and cuts and all kind of stuff," Green told The Florida Times-Union. "There were no punches passed. It was more wrestling as Mark defended himself.

“... What is happening to Mark shouldn’t be happening. He was a father trying to defend himself from a son who thinks he can beat him.”

Duper played from the Dolphins from 1982-1992, catching 511 passes for 8,869 yards and 59 touchdowns. He was inducted into the Dolphins Honor Roll in 2003.

In 1996, Duper was acquitted on charges of buying cocaine with intent to sell.

Not that I am any fan of any former or current Miami Dolphins but if his son is sending threatening texts than the kids needs his ass whupped.

I'm not sure that is the whole story, Carton said they were fighting over a video game.

Sounds like the son needed his ass kicked. Modern day teenage pussies hiding behind Facebook, text messages and an overreactive legal system. Thank god Phil, Crusher and some of my friends here are raising their kids right or the next generation would be hopeless. Hope Duper beats the rap..

For the record, he had the greatest WR face mask in football.

OoSounds like the son needed his ass kicked. Modern day teenage pussies hiding behind Facebook, text messages and an overreactive legal system. Thank god Phil, Crusher and some of my friends here are raising their kids right or those next generation would be hopeless. Hope Duper beats the wrap..

For the record, he had the greatest WR face mask in football.

Thanks for the kind words and using your discount to get my tazer.  If you got a minute and could get me the price on those bean bag round for my 12 gauge it would helpful.  Baby Crushers 18th birthday party is coming up and I want to be prepared.  

If you got a minute and could get me the price on those bean bag round for my 12 gauge it would helpful.  Baby Crushers 18th birthday party is coming up and I want to be prepared.  

Rock salt still works well and it's cheaper .... keeps them thinking about life a little longer too

Thanks for the kind words and using your discount to get my tazer.  If you got a minute and could get me the price on those bean bag round for my 12 gauge it would helpful.  Baby Crushers 18th birthday party is coming up and I want to be prepared.  

It won't be child abuse anymore once he turns 18 though, so fire away ;)

Archived