We are worst drafting team in history

khesanh

Ok mostro lets see how these prospect pan out before we short bus anyone sweetheart last I checked we were still 6-10 last year pudding this is Idzik s first draft so lets see if he's different

I take it you are not a native English speaker.

Crusher I get the Milliner pick its just who does the kid throw to this is why Mark struggled amongst other reasons just would like for us to go into a season excited about our picks

I'm with you on that.  It's obvious Tavon Austin was the first pick if available.  Good draft taking BPA.  We have work to do in free agency.  I know Im in the minority but I like Holmes run after catch ability.  We improved the team in my opinion.  A nice TE would be nice for our new QB but Im not sure he is plug and play.  Geno will sit the beginning of the year and Im pretty sure Garrard will take the lumps as the offense gels.  

Corner believe it or not was not an immediate need and DT could have been taken in the 3 rd Geno Smith is a luxury especially when he has noone to throw to if we at least had a TE I could say OK TE is a qb best friend . Lets look at tye rest of our division and what they have done in free agency and the draft we should every year ask ourselves how can we win this division! !!! Hell even the dolphin hit the **** IT BUTTON and made sure when they play the elite teams they are competitive. We on the other hand drafted a DT that disappeared a lot when you watched his tape, Geno Smith that disappeared tue second half of the season Milliner I kinda understand talented played in the SEC on the best teams and was productive

The dolphin took a player who never play a whole game and looks like a wideout, The cut Devito and Pou'ha and taking Richardson on the D line is a good pick , Wilson is terrible taking Milliner fills a need

So are you telling me Geno Smith and Sheldon Richardson where they were drafted best for tye team? How does those picks help us compete when sheldon doesn't have an outside presence to help hom do his job? How does not having a decent safety in coverage give him 1 to 2 seconds more to get to t he QB? What does Geno Smith do when its 3rd and 8 and defenses pin their ears back and go get him because he has noone on offense that is a threat? You can only throw so many screens before they pick up on it. May if we fot Vaccaro at 9 since Austin was gone and Eifert at 13 since dion was gone and SF and ATL wanted a TE we could have given the young qb a playmaker and best TE in the draft and best S In The draft . With the 3 pick an OLB like Collins or Sean Porter in later rounds. The point is we had options to not only draft for our needs but fill them with the best at their position. Also you can drop tye smartass talk you are an adult you sure enough can't whip my ass so the tough talk you can miss me with that

Maybe out of Bush/Allen/Landry the coaching staff sees their starters and your 911 for a safety in this draft is bit excessive.

Maybe with a DL of Coples/Wilk/Ellis/Richardson/Garay/Harrison the coaching staff believes we can create enough pressure without a elite pass rushing OLB and going 4-3 is to our benefit.

Maybe they feel that between Pace/Harris/Barnes/Sapp/McIntyre/Mauga we have enough at the 3 LB spots to get us through 2013 and into 2014 where there are a couple extra picks coming our way.

Maybe the FO feels that with the envitable release of Sanchez/Garrard/Tebow/McElroy all before the start of the 2014 season, even if Smith isnt a top notch QB in this league, at his salary # for the next 4 yrs is a better backup QB for whoever we decide to bring in from the 14 Draft....Hey buddy, cheap, young backup qb's with potentential are very valuable as well!

With that said...you are not a talent evaluator...nfl scout...coach...gm...etc.

But I am willing to bet that even if Idzick is the 32nd best GM in the league, you arent the 32nd best in the country at what you do. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt...he is doing it the opposite way that lead us to the point where we are...its worth the chance.

I like the first 2 picks.  I'm a Geno hater, but think we got good value in the 2nd with him.  I liked Winters, just maybe not in the third while Damontre Moore, Corey Lemonier and Alex Okafor were still around, but I can still live with him.  What kills me is letting go of two quility starters at Guard- signing Colon, Signing this guy from Detroit, then drafting 3 more guards.  We do not need 6 guards on this team, so who's going to be the wasted signing/draft pick?

Where were the impact players?  Where are the playmakers?  Where are the Pass Rushers?  Everyone on this site wanted Tavon Austin at 9 or 13 (not me) but is now justifying how 3 guards and a Fullback in our last 4 selections are picks well spent.

I like the idea of rebuilding with young guys, but when you draft 3 Guards, sign 2, and still have a young one with some promise on the roster, these guys aren't going to see the field.  They will most likely not be active.  Get me a S, WR, TE, OLB who can at least rotate in for a few plays and get some experience.

I like Drafting all the Guard/Tackles, shotgun approch. May be two may pan out, instant Oline upgrade. Build the trenches, solid foundation. It's a rebuild, I was expecting it to take time.

Next Draft look out Jets will fill this team with skill players and play makers. If Smith can play the Jets are set. Plus as for no OLB, we already play much more 4-3. All our D-Linemen can run. In fact I think our Dline will be sick.

I like Drafting all the Guard/Tackles, shotgun approach. May be two may pan out, instant Oline upgrade. Build the trenches, solid foundation. It's a rebuild, I was expecting it to take time.

Next Draft look out Jets will fill this team with skill players and play makers. If Smith can play the Jets are set. Plus as for no OLB, we already play much more 4-3. All our D-Linemen can run. In fact I think our Dline will be sick.

During the draft, I would've preferred a TE, WR, S, etc., but I can see the logic, and I don't mind it. If two of these guys pan out, we shouldn't be talking about first round guards next year. Either it was a pure BAP approach, or they decided to rebuild the running game in year one, hope they found a QB, and then put some weapons around him in year two. They'll have a lot of cap room next year. If Geno can play, they can get him some top notch talent to work with.

Meanwhile, it's possible they're reasonably happy with Hill, White, and Hayden Smith, and there are still a few good safeties available in FA.

2013 trade a 4th and 10 mil for ivory. 4th and like 3 mil for tebow. 2nd and 40 mil for cromartie 5th and 45 mil for Holmes. Traded a 5th for lito Shepard. Traded whole draft and 3 depth players for Sanchez and green. traded a 2 and 3 for Keller. Traded late round picks for pat Ramsey and that qb from New England and a horrible corner from Dallas. Traded a 2nd for mccareins. Traded a 2 for a 3 and Thomas jones and 20 million contract. Traded a 1 for Doug jolly and mike nugent. Traded 2 firsts for dewayne Robertson.

This has never been a team built through the draft and it shows. Frivolous with our picks.

Looking at this draft objectively, we started with eight picks. Not one of the players I'd hoped to get we're taken in any of those eight picks. I watched other teams snap up players that I'd hoped to be jets and grew extremely frustrated, but again, looking at the guys we got, one has to erase the initial disappointment and be objective. The players we did get off very good value. They weren't the ones I wanted but they're he ones we got. So now I look at them based on merit and upside. And honestly, I think we did well. Not Arizona or San Diego well, but better than we have in the last three drafts. So improvement has to be the new yardstick. And I believe this draft was an improvement.

2013 trade a 4th and 10 mil for ivory. 4th and like 3 mil for tebow. 2nd and 40 mil for cromartie 5th and 45 mil for Holmes. Traded a 5th for lito Shepard. Traded whole draft and 3 depth players for Sanchez and green. traded a 2 and 3 for Keller. Traded late round picks for pat Ramsey and that qb from New England and a horrible corner from Dallas. Traded a 2nd for mccareins. Traded a 2 for a 3 and Thomas jones and 20 million contract. Traded a 1 for Doug jolly and mike nugent. Traded 2 firsts for dewayne Robertson.

This has never been a team built through the draft and it shows. Frivolous with our picks.

Come on Joe Namath and Big Pete Lammons, Mark Gastineau, Joe Klecko were awesome picks. The list goes on.

Archived