Holmes to miss (at least) 4 games.

Mandarinia

Holmes tells friends he’ll miss “at least” four games

Posted by Mike Florio on August 5, 2013, 9:14 AM EDT
350x-43.jpg?w=250AP

For the winner of the Jets quarterback competition, that could be the only thing he wins for a while.

The Jets don’t have much help for their quarterback.  The offensive line, despite the presence of D’Brickashaw Ferguson andNick Mangold, once again has buttfumble potential.  The running back depth chart could be topped by a guy who was the odd man out for the Saints for two seasons, if he can get and stay healthy.  And the receivers are, relatively speaking, old and/or broken down.

Not quite as old but still too broken down to contribute is Santonio Holmes.  According to Brian Costello of the New York Post, the MVP of Super Bowl XLII has told friends he’ll miss at least four games of the 2013 regular season with a foot injury suffered in September 2012.

That could be enough to prompt the Jets to leave Holmes on the PUP list, which would shut him down for at least six weeks.

Without Holmes, the Jets have Stephen Hill, a second-year second-rounder with similar measurables to Calvin Johnson but only a fraction of the production,Braylon EdwardsClyde GatesJeremy Kerley, and a flock of no-names.  The tight end position is headlined by Jeff Cumberland and Kellen Winslow, who won a job via a minicamp tryout after a cameo with the Pats in 2012.

So maybe the smart play for Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez would be to tank it for now, and then hope that by the time the Week One starter gets benched, Santonio will be ready to play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/05/holmes-tells-friends-hell-miss-least-four-games/

I actually think the o-line will be solid this year and if they can get past the their respective issues the rb group can be solid, wr however is an issue. I was not a fan of the hill pick in the draft and am as shocked this year as I was last yr that we didn't add a wr of some significance in free agency. I would expect wr to be a top priority next offseason.

the OL is in trouble right now. Both Peterman and WInters are hurt and neither was doing a good job anyway. They need to bring back Brandon Moore and move Colon back to LG. 

LOL and you know this how, exactly?  You sure know how to hold grudges.  Between your butthurt over Revis and Brandon Moore I'm starting to wonder if you're going to be able to watch Jets games anywhere but a padded cell this season.

Face it.  Moore is in semi-retirement and no one has signed him for a reason.  We're getting younger on the offensive line, and that's a very good thing.

the OL is in trouble right now. Both Peterman and WInters are hurt and neither was doing a good job anyway. They need to bring back Brandon Moore and move Colon back to LG.

Dude, you've been preaching patience with Vlad Ducasse for three years, but you're writing off Winters after 15 practices.

Florio says that the Jets receivers are old, then lists one old receiver (Braylon) and a bunch of kids in their early 20's.

Florio says that the Jets receivers are old, then lists one old receiver (Braylon) and a bunch of kids in their early 20's.

well....we know he is a turd,  now we know he is a turd with poor composition skills.

Dude, you've been preaching patience with Vlad Ducasse for three years, but you're writing off Winters after 15 practices.

Yes, but Vlad was drafted by the same man who bent over in front of Revis and took it... twice.  A man clearly after bit's own heart.

Winters, on the other hand, was drafted by the man who dared trade away the love of bit's life.  What more evidence do you need of a sure-fire bust than that?

Yes, but Vlad was drafted by the same man who bent over in front of Revis and took it... twice.  A man clearly after bit's own heart.

Winters, on the other hand, was drafted by the man who dared trade away the love of bit's life.  What more evidence do you need of a sure-fire bust than that?

this is a complicated conspiracy theory, bottom line people who say the line will be solid or better that last year 1) aren't reading the reports out of camp which have the Jets DL owning the Jets OL every day 2) aren't informed on the quality of the line play last year which PFF had at 3rd overall.  when McElroy took 10 sacks against the Chargers, he actually had the most time to throw of any QB that week.

We can turn this into a thread about Revis, Herm, Drob, Gholston and yo mama but that has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Right now both starting guards playing positions they never played before in the NFL. Peterman was RG last year and has started 70+ games at RG, COlon was LG last year with Pittsburgh before going on IR. Currently, that's swapped. Winters has not played guard... ever?

If they signed Moore and moved Colon to LG it would be a huge immediate improvement. TO say otherwise is wishful thinking. The problem with Moore isn't that he's hurt or retired but he wants to be paid like a former Pro Bowler should be. 

Jets will most likely release Holmes, who's signed through 2015 and scheduled to make $7.5M in base salary this season.

Homes salary is 100% guaranteed. He's not going anywhere this year.

As for Brandon Moore, the Jets made him an offer and he turned it down. No one else in the league felt the need to match his number, either. It looks as if he'd rather retire than take what the league thinks he's worth - which is certainly his prerogative.

this is a complicated conspiracy theory, bottom line people who say the line will be solid or better that last year 1) aren't reading the reports out of camp which have the Jets DL owning the Jets OL every day 2) aren't informed on the quality of the line play last year which PFF had at 3rd overall.  when McElroy took 10 sacks against the Chargers, he actually had the most time to throw of any QB that week.

We can turn this into a thread about Revis, Herm, Drob, Gholston and yo mama but that has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Right now both starting guards playing positions they never played before in the NFL. Peterman was RG last year and has started 70+ games at RG, COlon was LG last year with Pittsburgh before going on IR. Currently, that's swapped. Winters has not played guard... ever?

If they signed Moore and moved Colon to LG it would be a huge immediate improvement. TO say otherwise is wishful thinking. The problem with Moore isn't that he's hurt or retired but he wants to be paid like a former Pro Bowler should be. 

I expect the new offensive coordinator of QB coach to have a big impact on the amount of sacks....by just improving the QB play.  This is kind of in line with what Bit is saying as well.

Homes salary is 100% guaranteed. He's not going anywhere this year.

As for Brandon Moore, the Jets made him an offer and he turned it down. No one else in the league felt the need to match his number, either. It looks as if he'd rather retire than take what the league thinks he's worth - which is certainly his prerogative.

Wait I am confused.  I thought it was Bobby Brown's Prerogative?  All these people talking all this stuff about him, why they don't they just let him live.  He doesn't need permission to make his own decisions.

You can say he is crazy, nasty etc.  He doesn't care.

Alright I am done now, lol.

The offensive line, despite the presence of D’Brickashaw Ferguson andNick Mangold, once again has buttfumble potential. 

Right, as if THAT had ANYTHING to do with Brandon Moore or ANYONE on the O-Line. Idiot.

And the receivers are, relatively speaking, old and/or broken down.

2 of our top 4 receivers are Stephen Hill and Jeremy Kerley. They are both under 25, so neither of them are even close to being old, and neither of them are broken down.

#5 is Clyde Gates, who may suck, but at 27 he's also not old and he's also not broken down.

Wait I am confused.  I thought it was Bobby Brown's Prerogative?  All these people talking all this stuff about him, why they don't they just let him live.  He doesn't need permission to make his own decisions.

You can say he is crazy, nasty etc.  He doesn't care.

Alright I am done now, lol.

'damn  you max. now i have bobby brown in my head.

Archived