Practice Report: Sanchez On Fire

flgreen

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never hated a member of any of my sports teams worse than this guy. Maybe Bobby Bonilla, but I can't remember any others.

Steve Phillips trumps all, even Bonilla, but it's close.

Come on.  Isaiah Thomas?   Latrell Sprewell?  Stephon Marbury?  Oliver Perez?  The list goes on and on.

Oliver Perez > Carlos Beltran

Thomas Jones FTMFW

And to think, I was just about to say how disappointed I was in everyone in this thread for it somehow going on this long without anyone talking about setting Sanchez on fire.  Well played Ape.

We did have a Buddhist monk reference 

He has a good practice by all accounts, and you have "sources" who tell you that Geno looked significantly better. Really?  I can't believe the amount of hate that Sanchez gets on this board.  Excuses.  The guy is crucified for every mistake he makes.  I have no problem starting Geno in game 5 or later if he's the better QB but Sanchez actually outplayed Geno in the Lions game in spite of the interception.  I can't believe how people allow their hatred of Sanchez to cloud that .  Grow up. 

This... Been saying this for awhile now.

He hasn't played well the last 2 seasons, but the team has sucked balls, especially the 5 guys up front who are charged with protecting the QB.

If Geno proves to be a better player, than by all means he should play, but I think Geno will turn out to be one of the worse picks this franchise has ever made.

Hope I'm wrong.  

He hasn't played well the last 2 seasons, but the team has sucked balls, especially the 5 guys up front who are charged with protecting the QB.

If Geno proves to be a better player, than by all means he should play, but I think Geno will turn out to be one of the worse picks this franchise has ever made.

Hope I'm wrong.  

All in one breath, huh? Oy ******* vey.

I don't understand the hate for him having a few good practices.  I don't think anybody is squawking that he turned the corner or anythiing.  Just reporting on practice (cue Allen Iverson clip).  Maybe the press is making a bit much of it, but that is what they do.

Geno Smith would have to start murdering people Aaron Hernandez style to be one of the worst picks the franchise ever made.  He could never see the field and be out of the league in a year and that would still put him ahead of Ron Faurot and Alex Van Dyke.  At a minimum he should be a viable backup.  What on earth would make anybody think he would be worse than Kellen Clemens?  If he sucks that is what he will amount to.  How horrible!

I don't understand the hate for him having a few good practices.  I don't think anybody is squawking that he turned the corner or anythiing.  Just reporting on practice (cue Allen Iverson clip).  Maybe the press is making a bit much of it, but that is what they do.

Geno Smith would have to start murdering people Aaron Hernandez style to be one of the worst picks the franchise ever made.  He could never see the field and be out of the league in a year and that would still put him ahead of Ron Faurot and Alex Van Dyke.  At a minimum he should be a viable backup.  What on earth would make anybody think he would be worse than Kellen Clemens?  If he sucks that is what he will amount to.  How horrible!

I said "one of the worst" ... not THE worst.

Hope I'm wrong.  

Dude, how?  why?  Geno played a lot more football and at a much higher level than the Sanchezs, Cadigans, Faurots, Gholstons, Drobs, Terry Williams, Blair Thomases, Roger Vicks, Mike Haights, Johnny Lam Joneses, et al

You ARE wrong.  That's just plain silly.

You think the team has played well the last 2 seasons?

You think the offensive line has played well the last 2 seasons?

They haven't played poorly enough to justify Sanchez' horrible play.

We picked Sanchez at 5, traded up to do it. We picked Smith in the second round. Do you have any idea how horrible Smith would have to be to be a worse pick than Sanchez. The only reason Sanchez has lasted this long was BECAUSE of the team around him those first two years. He's been living off of those two years. No other 4 yr. starting QB has been worse. In history. Leather helmets, wool hats for helmets, wooden shoes, giant rock for a football, all of it.

They haven't played poorly enough to justify Sanchez' horrible play.

We picked Sanchez at 5, traded up to do it. We picked Smith in the second round. Do you have any idea how horrible Smith would have to be to be a worse pick than Sanchez. The only reason Sanchez has lasted this long was BECAUSE of the team around him those first two years. He's been living off of those two years. No other 4 yr. starting QB has been worse. In history. Leather helmets, wool hats for helmets, wooden shoes, giant rock for a football, all of it.

Really? You do the research on that?

Hope I'm wrong.  

He's the 39th pick in the draft, and we didn't trade up for him.  No matter what happens, he literally cannot be worse than DRob or Gholston.  If he has one productive game in his career, he won't be worse than Ducasse.  He's not a 1st round corner who couldn't crack the starting line up or a second round corner who couldn't do anything but kick returns or a better boar hunter than a football player.  Hell, he's not a second round kicker who was average at best.  And, if he starts for a while and doesn't lead the league in turnovers, well.................

And, that's just extremely recent history.

You let people do that?

You're no man.

I'd have sent them to McDonald's. Or shot them. Or at a minimum, I would have grabbed the steak off their plate and thrown it on the floor for the dog.

Next time keep a can of spam in the house for these animals, and bbq that for them.

It was on the table as I had also grilled up some sweet potato fries.  The fork was midway up to my mouth when I saw him, yes a guy, dip the finely grilled delmonico in that bastard sauce and proceed like nothing was wrong, I just froze.  It still baffles me to this day how someone can ruin a beautiful steak like that with ketchup and don't get me wrong, I like my ketchup.

He's the 39th pick in the draft, and we didn't trade up for him.  No matter what happens, he literally cannot be worse than DRob or Gholston.  If he has one productive game in his career, he won't be worse than Ducasse.  He's not a 1st round corner who couldn't crack the starting line up or a second round corner who couldn't do anything but kick returns or a better boar hunter than a football player.  Hell, he's not a second round kicker who was average at best.  And, if he starts for a while and doesn't lead the league in turnovers, well.................

And, that's just extremely recent history.

nobody and i mean nobody can possibly be worse than gholston. the guy was picked #6 overall with one job in mind. rush the qb. what was it 3 years? and never mind that he had ZERO sacks he only had 16 ******* tackles....IN 3 YEARS!!!!!!! the level in complete suck that he attained is almost unfathomable. it's gotta be harder to not even luck into 1 sack than to have, say, 4 or 5 in 3 years. no injuries. just 100% complete epic suckage. imo, gholston is biggest bust of all time in the nfl ever.

I'm 'on fire' a lot at the driving range.  On the course, I make par about once a year.

Everyone's 'on fire' shaving and getting ready for the club.  Then they come home alone.

Captain Smith was 'on fire' doing shots and playing shuffleboard.  After the iceberg, not so much.

So now Sanchez is 'on fire' playing with no scoreboard, no pads, behind a high school.  I can hardly contain my excitement.

nobody and i mean nobody can possibly be worse than gholston. the guy was picked #6 overall with one job in mind. rush the qb. what was it 3 years? and never mind that he had ZERO sacks he only had 16 ******* tackles....IN 3 YEARS!!!!!!! the level in complete suck that he attained is almost unfathomable. it's gotta be harder to not even luck into 1 sack than to have, say, 4 or 5 in 3 years. no injuries. just 100% complete epic suckage. imo, gholston is biggest bust of all time in the nfl ever.

And by the same token, his body isn't busted up like most ex NFL'ers, and he's $35,000,000 richer

Who's the dummy?  :) 

Archived