Sanchez Sharp except for......are you kidding with this????

GangGreen25

Saying Sanchez was Sharp except for one horrible interception in the red zone is like saying I am in great physical condition if it weren't for the extra 100 lbs I carry.  First its not even true; 13 for 23 is hardly sharp, unless its in consideration of the reduced expectations of a horrible quaterback. Additionally, Sanchez is defined by these types of plays,  Take away the first drive and he completed 50% of his passes and was 0-2 in the red zone.  You can argue some was with non-starters, but Matt Simms was 5 for 5 and most likely will be selling insurance come Septemeber.  Perhaps more disturbing than the interception was the debacle at the end of the half.  Running on first down, forcing The Jets to use their last timeout all while missing a wide open Clyde Gates in the back of the end zone. Not having the presence of mind to preserve at least one second on the last play of the half and losing 3 points in inexcusable.  I have seen high school quaterbacks with better situational apitiude than Sanchez.  Can anyone name one QB in the history of the NFL with this many years of ineptitude that would stlil be competing for a starting position in the NFL. 

what was really bad was he had on average something like 4+ seconds to throw, felt phantom pressure, and choked.

he can't extend plays, has no feel for the pocket, and just panics

even without actual pressure !!!

what a shame smith was hurt, with that kind of time we would have gotten to see if he has anything to offer

He was actually sharp for him. Still wasnt very good. 

As far as the ending of the half, the bar I was watching the game at didnt have the sound on- I'd have to assume if it were a regular season game they would have just kicked the FG? right?

Saying Sanchez was Sharp except for one horrible interception in the red zone is like saying I am in great physical condition if it weren't for the extra 100 lbs I carry.  First its not even true; 13 for 23 is hardly sharp, unless its in consideration of the reduced expectations of a horrible quaterback. Additionally, Sanchez is defined by these types of plays,  Take away the first drive and he completed 50% of his passes and was 0-2 in the red zone.  You can argue some was with non-starters, but Matt Simms was 5 for 5 and most likely will be selling insurance come Septemeber.  Perhaps more disturbing than the interception was the debacle at the end of the half.  Running on first down, forcing The Jets to use their last timeout all while missing a wide open Clyde Gates in the back of the end zone. Not having the presence of mind to preserve at least one second on the last play of the half and losing 3 points in inexcusable.  I have seen high school quaterbacks with better situational apitiude than Sanchez.  Can anyone name one QB in the history of the NFL with this many years of ineptitude that would stlil be competing for a starting position in the NFL. 

Yes. Sorry to say....Joe Namath. After SB his stats were horrible on losing team after losing team. Jets passed over HOF QB's in the draft because they had Namath. The Jets went to Dallas in 1971 with John Riggins, Richard Caster, Don Maynard, Emerson Boozer and were crushed 52-10. Namath is glorified for ONE game and is now is Mr. Opinionated on Jets matters.

Mark Sanchez is what he is. Jets fans have known this for three years now. Sanchez will ALWAYS make the critical mistake, AFTER looking pretty good for a spell. His brain locks up on him at crunch time and he simply can't help himself. He is what he is and what he is, is not very good. Start Geno Smith for the entire season to see if the team needs to draft yet another QB and screw Ryan and his job. He doesn't deserve it anymore than Sanchez deserves to be the starter.

Sanchez has "VICTIM" written all over his face....... NOBODY RESPECTS HIM because he basically SUCKS!!!

His number one problem is that HE HAS NO BALLS!....... He's AFRAID of everything!!!!

He makes the wrong decisions out of fear!!!!

and then...... OMG!!!!! After he screws up, here comes the PATHETIC: "I shouldn't do that anymore, I'll be better next time, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!......Please forgive me,....... I'm just glad to be here"

I HATE HIM!!!!!...... AGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

Yes. Sorry to say....Joe Namath. After SB his stats were horrible on losing team after losing team. Jets passed over HOF QB's in the draft because they had Namath. The Jets went to Dallas in 1971 with John Riggins, Richard Caster, Don Maynard, Emerson Boozer and were crushed 52-10. Namath is glorified for ONE game and is now is Mr. Opinionated on Jets matters.

Namath should shut his mouth, no doubt about that. But he did a lot more than just one game. He threw for 4000 yards during a 12 game schedule against defenses that could maul the WR's and him. The reason his opinion holds so much weight is because there has been no one to even compare to him on this franchise since.

.. Namath is glorified for ONE game and is now is Mr. Opinionated on Jets matters.

The people who say things like this have one thing in common:  they weren't around when Namath played.

The stats of QB's back then are different because the game was different-backs were handed off  or pitched to, not thrown to for short yardage.  As a result, completion percentage was low.

Just before the Super Bowl, when asked about the completion percentage of AFL QB's being below 50%, (the AFL played a more wide open game with lots of long passes), Namath said "If we [AFL QB's] threw those little four yard passes to the backs all the time that they throw in the NFL, we'd have completion percentages over 90%!".

And he might not be far off.  Quarterbacks today play in the era of the Long Handoff.  In Namath's day, you didn't throw to backs, you threw 15 or 20 yards downfield to wide receivers.

Namath should shut his mouth, no doubt about that. But he did a lot more than just one game. He threw for 4000 yards during a 12 game schedule against defenses that could maul the WR's and him. The reason his opinion holds so much weight is because there has been no one to even compare to him on this franchise since.

That and the fact that he is usually correct.

They showed some QB stats of guys who are in battles for starting spots this preseason. Sanchez had 64% which is way higher than he has ever put up. The problem is every other QB had high 70's and into the 80's. That is the epitome of Sanchez. He can't keep up with what other QBs are doing.

Weird. I've heard and seen the same said about Geno in college.

Seriously, this is the dude who had no offensive line and a crappy running game. Way to hate on the kid. He also was praised for his pocket presence, something you'd know if you actually watched and followed the kid.

Seriously, this is the dude who had no offensive line and a crappy running game. Way to hate on the kid. He also was praised for his pocket presence, something you'd know if you actually watched and followed the kid.

I'm not hating on the kid. Scouts were. Your beef is with them, not me. But I doubt the scouts were actually watching the game either.

I'm not hating on the kid. Scouts were. Your beef is with them, not me. But I doubt the scouts were actually watching the game either.

Exactly what scouts are you saying. Nolan Narwoski, the dude that hates on a different black qb every year. Or the tv personalities who called him a diva for sulking at the draft. Funny, cause when you actually go on nfl.com and read the analysis of Smith, they praise his pocket presence.

The people who say things like this have one thing in common:  they weren't around when Namath played.

The stats of QB's back then are different because the game was different-backs were handed off  or pitched to, not thrown to for short yardage.  As a result, completion percentage was low.

Just before the Super Bowl, when asked about the completion percentage of AFL QB's being below 50%, (the AFL played a more wide open game with lots of long passes), Namath said "If we [AFL QB's] threw those little four yard passes to the backs all the time that they throw in the NFL, we'd have completion percentages over 90%!".

And he might not be far off.  Quarterbacks today play in the era of the Long Handoff.  In Namath's day, you didn't throw to backs, you threw 15 or 20 yards downfield to wide receivers.

Wrong. I was 13 when the Jets won the SB and I had followed the Jets in 1967 and '68 and EVER since. I love Joe, don't get me wrong, but the Jets stuck with him for far too long before seeking a replacement which they should have done after 1972. jets passed over Ken Stabler and Ken Anderson in the draft because they had Namath and that kind of loyalty is detrimental to your team. See the Jets record in the 70's and tell me I'm wrong.

They showed some QB stats of guys who are in battles for starting spots this preseason. Sanchez had 64% which is way higher than he has ever put up. The problem is every other QB had high 70's and into the 80's. That is the epitome of Sanchez. He can't keep up with what other QBs are doing.

That and he kinda sucks at getting the Jets into the end zone. Sanchez suffers from brainlock when he gets in tight situations. He easily could have run the ball in instead of making the decision to throw to a double covered Winslow II. He doesn't get it and he never will. He is who we thought he was.

This qb competition is really bringing the best out of the fanbase.

I didn't much like you either Vinny and I interviewed you in Nashville back in 1998, your only good year with the Jets. You led the Jets to a 24-3 win over the Tennessee Oilers and Curtis Martin had a monster game. BTW sorry about all those insults I have hurled at Mitzi over the years whenever you threw a 'Vinny inny' pick.

That and he kinda sucks at getting the Jets into the end zone. Sanchez suffers from brainlock when he gets in tight situations. He easily could have run the ball in instead of making the decision to throw to a double covered Winslow II. He doesn't get it and he never will. He is who we thought he was.

He also had Gates wide open in end zone on the play he tried to run it in before the Winslow interception play.

The "Namath sucks" stuff is really crap. No doubt his last few years were injury-filled and often lousy. part of it could be his fault, but keep in mind Weeb Ewbank was very cheap, which si why George Sauer retired way early and Riggins was quite stupidly dealt away. Further If you look at Unitas's stats you would notice much the same thing; even in the NFL their best QB was throwing deep. There was no WCO.It' s a completely different game than now. Which is why Ken O'Brien(high completion, few INTs,) has a higher QB rating than many guys you would think as obviously superior to him. As to Namath's stats in Super Bowl III, the jets asked him to basically manage the game all 2nd half because their defense controlled the game. 

He was actually sharp for him. Still wasnt very good. 

As far as the ending of the half, the bar I was watching the game at didnt have the sound on- I'd have to assume if it were a regular season game they would have just kicked the FG? right?

I don't think they had another timeout.  Rex lost a challenge that cost them one, and I think they had taken the others, but I could be wrong.

You obviously are a young guy who never saw him play.  You're totally off  base regarding Namath.  Totally.  I posted this before I saw your response that you were 13 when the Jets won the SB under Namath.   What killed Namath was his knees.  In that day and age, there was no way they Jets could have moved on from him after what he had done for them.  It was shocklng enough when he went to the Rams.

What is with the freaking popup Ford/NASCAR ads in this thread?  I understand the site needs advertising $s.  The rest of the ads aren't in our faces, but the popup ads are VERY annoying.  Even more annoying is that I have both Fords and NASCAR.

The thing that annoyed me on the end zone interception is that they threw the darned ball every single time when they had been running the ball extremely well.  They didn't even run it one time.  Mornhinweg gets some deserved criticism for that series.

What is with the freaking popup Ford/NASCAR ads in this thread?  I understand the site needs advertising $s.  The rest of the ads aren't in our faces, but the popup ads are VERY annoying.  Even more annoying is that I have both Fords and NASCAR.

Please post this is the feedback forum. I don't have an answer, but max will and it will get lost in this. Thread. Thanks

Cumberlands td........sh*tty pass to a WIDE open target.

Winslows 3rd down conversion......WIDE open, sitting in a hole in zone coverage, ball thrown SO LOW, Winslow had to fall to his knees. And thats what seperates Sanchez from servicable QB's....had he put the ball in Winslows chest, maybe he could have spun around.... could he have possibly broke a tackle....maybe....but you'll never know with a suckjob like Sanchez.

Throw to Rueland....in the regular season probably gets picked.

Braylon bailed him out with the low catch.

Best throw all game was the sideline catch by Braylon.

Whats that saying about sunshine and a dogs ass?

Sanchez is trash.

Please post this is the feedback forum. I don't have an answer, but max will and it will get lost in this. Thread. Thanks

Ok, I will.  You're welcome.  It seems to have stopped now.  But for about 15-20 minutes everytime I clicked on anything in the forum that ad would pop up,

Archived