********Official Mini Draft Weekend Thread*********

SayNoToDMC

I think we're all very excited about the roster we have going into the regular season after what can only be described by JiF as sterling preseason. A preseason which saw us rewarded with a Snoopy Bowl title, but if Mike Tannenbaum taught us anything it's don't sleep on the mini draft! A few tweaks here and there and the Pats are looking mighty vulnerable.

QBs Trent Edwards and Dennis Dixon were both cut.  Neither is all that, but both have plenty of experience if the Jets want a veteran QB if Sanchez is going to be out for any length of time or should the unthinkable happen and they decide to IR or cut Sanchez

OTs - Max Starks & Pat McQuistan  (neither are that good, but are veterans and would be better OT backups than anyone the Jets have. 

New on Former Jets: James Ihedigbo will be starting at FS for the Ravens; Jarron Gilbert was cut by the Bills

I think we're all very excited about the roster we have going into the regular season after what can only be described by JiF as sterling preseason. A preseason which saw us rewarded with a Snoopy Bowl title, but if Mike Tannenbaum taught us anything it's don't sleep on the mini draft! A few tweaks here and there and the Pats are looking mighty vulnerable.

Great thread, great points. I love how you are embracing this new glorious season led by Rex 2.0.

It's going to be hard to find another gem like Spadola with Matt Simms throwing to him but if Rex can do it once, he can do it again.

Great thread, great points. I love how you are embracing this new glorious season led by Rex 2.0.

It's going to be hard to find another gem like Spadola with Matt Simms throwing to him but if Rex can do it once, he can do it again.

Rex 1.0 was the one that happily took the job and embraced Schotty as the OC for 3 years.

Rex 2.0 was the version that threw Schotty under the bus, and then hand-picked Sparano.

Rex 3.0 is the version that threw Sparano under the bus, that's the guy we have now.

Get it right.

Rex 1.0 was the one that happily took the job and embraced Schotty as the OC for 3 years.

Rex 2.0 was the version that threw Schotty under the bus, and then hand-picked Sparano.

Rex 3.0 is the version that threw Sparano under the bus, that's the guy we have now.

Get it right.

That was  Rex 1.0, 1.12 and 1.13.   He needed to add those versions to upgrade to Rex 2.0, which is going to be amazing. 

That was  Rex 1.0, 1.12 and 1.13.   He needed to add those versions to upgrade to Rex 2.0, which is going to be amazing. 

Leave the software metaphors to people like CTM and I. 

Your sweet spot is the whole gay schtickt.

Get it right.

How is Rex 2.0 different than Rex 3.0?  Its the same:   Throw under bus, get new OC.

We need a safety that can actually cover someone.  I don't know if he can or cannot, but we don't necessarily need a thumper.

That was actually his main criticism, and likely cause for being cut.  He can't possibly be slower than Dawan Landry though. 

TEs cut - Are any of the following better than Reuland?  

Billy Bajema and Matt Furstenburg (Ravens);

Richard Quinn and Alex Gottlieb (Cardinals);

Zach Pianalto (Panthers, was fairly highly rated before the draft);

Fendi Onobun (Bears);

Dan Gronkowski (Browns);

Colin Cochart (Cowpokes);

Jake Byrne (Texans);

Ryan Otten (Jags);

Daniel Fells (Patsies);

Will Shaw (Iggles);

Zach Potter (Rams);

Zach Miller and Mike Shanahan (Bucs); 

Brandon Barden (Titans);

Emmanuel Ogbuehi (Redskins);

Tony Moeaki (Chiefs):

DJ Williams and Jake Stoneburner (Packers);

Dominique Jones (Dolts):

Colin Anderson (Vikes);

Jamie McCoy and Nathan Overbay (Steelers);

Fendi Onobun (Bears);

Dan Gronkowski (Browns);

Jake Byrne (Texans);

Ryan Otten (Jags);

Daniel Fells (Patsies);

Will Shaw (Iggles);

Zach Potter (Rams);

Brandon Barden (Titans);

Tony Moeaki (Chiefs)

Probably not. For a 3rd TE Reuland is fine IMO.

Fendi Onobun (Bears);

Dan Gronkowski (Browns);

Jake Byrne (Texans);

Ryan Otten (Jags);

Daniel Fells (Patsies);

Will Shaw (Iggles);

Zach Potter (Rams);

Brandon Barden (Titans);

Tony Moeaki (Chiefs)

Fendi Onabun might be the worst football player I've ever seen. The fact that the Bears dumped Kellen Davis and then somehow found a TE who's even worse is legitimately stupefying. I'd bring him in for the on-field lulz and the off-field food puns.

Fendi Onabun might be the worst football player I've ever seen. The fact that the Bears dumped Kellen Davis and then somehow found a TE who's even worse is legitimately stupefying. I'd bring him in for the on-field lulz and the off-field food puns.

lol

Archived