Can we please sign Jimmy Graham this offseason?

brian101193

If you're going to throw a big chunk of your $50 million at anyone, a Jimmy Graham sure would be nice.  TE's like him are safe; he'll always be productive as long as he's healthy, and he'll probably do so for a long time.  It's a worthy investment for a team with a young QB.

Guy is an absolute beast and is a free agent next offseason, Saint are also in serious cap space trouble next year.  Any chance Idzik throws down a big contract for one of the best TE in the game?

Why don't we just draft a tight end. Jenkins, Ebron, and Colt all look like really good tight ends. Jenkins will probably go in the first because by reports he's looking like Gronkowski reincarnate but we could probably get Colt or Ebron in the 2nd.

Lol, I think he might actually slip into the 2nd do to Lee and Watkins. If we could get him in the 2nd what a steal that would be. Evans and Jenkins would be an awesome draft.

Jenkins?  What for, if we sign Jimmy Graham? (with a developing Cumberland still on roster, and perhaps a still serviceable Winslow)

Draft a Marquis Lee AND a Mike Evans.  We need that much help. 

...I see what you did there ;)

Jenkins?  What for, if we sign Jimmy Graham? (with a developing Cumberland still on roster, and perhaps a still serviceable Winslow)

Followed immediately by proclaiming we can draft Lee early in the first.  hahahaa

Their's a high chance the Jimmy Graham signing won't happen, I honestly believe he's going to remain a Saint. Also, Jenkins is getting portrayed as the next Gronkowski, if we can get him we'll have a stellar tight end group. 

Yeah, I def. would sign Jimmy Graham.. dude is a beast. But i'm sure if there is anyone the Saint's would sign back it would be him... hope it doesn't turn out as so... but i'm sure everyone else and their grandmother will be after Jimmy.

But with :

Jimmy Graham

Hakeem Nick's or Jeremy Maclin..

MJD might be gone out of JAX

Marquise Lee ..?

as for weak spot's in the D..

there is always TJ Ward or Jarius Byrd for Safeties

Think we could go from ZERO to HERO's if we surround GENO with these type of weapinz.

I'm not going to root for any free agent because who knows.  If Smith is only avg and the Jets offense continues to stink,  it's going to take a lot more than money for players to come.   There are those that will come for money and there are those that are good who will have multiple options.     If the Jets wind up 5-11 and there was nothing that impressive and Rex Ryan gets fired,  it'll all come down to who is the new HC and if anybody believes Smith or whomever else is a great QB.   A guy like Graham has Brees throwing to him.   It's hard to go from that to a who knows.  

Graham, Nicks and Golden Tate are all FA's. All need to be pursued by the Jets.

I think the Saints will find a way to keep Graham.  I think the Giants will let Nicks walk.  They seem to already be grooming Reuben Randle to replace him next year.  If they do, the Jets should be all over him.

What they need to do is hint/leak that they'll pay Graham $12M/year to play TE.  $3M/year more than Gronk's deal, and $4.5M+/year than Witten & Vernon Davis & the rest of the best.  Guarantee the first $24M (almost double Gronk's & Witten's guarantees).

New Orleans can clear up that type of space by cutting Will Smith, but they need to to that anyway just to get NEAR the cap limit, and it won't be easy to make the team any better than it is now by adding anyone of any significance.

Make that happen and it's no longer Revis vs Richardson.  It's Revis vs Richardson AND Graham (AND Tampa's 2014 3rd rounder).  Not to mention, for the Jets, another $4M in extra cap space since Revis would have counted $19M per to the Jets if they gave him the same deal Tampa did).

The cap-space ability to do THAT is why you trade away the best CB in the league while you can.

What they need to do is hint/leak that they'll pay Graham $12M/year to play TE.  $3M/year more than Gronk's deal, and $4.5M+/year than Witten & Vernon Davis & the rest of the best.  Guarantee the first $24M (almost double Gronk's & Witten's guarantees).

New Orleans can clear up that type of space by cutting Will Smith, but they need to to that anyway just to get NEAR the cap limit, and it won't be easy to make the team any better than it is now by adding anyone of any significance.

Make that happen and it's no longer Revis vs Richardson.  It's Revis vs Richardson AND Graham (AND Tampa's 2014 3rd rounder).  Not to mention, for the Jets, another $4M in extra cap space since Revis would have counted $19M per to the Jets if they gave him the same deal Tampa did).

The cap-space ability to do THAT is why you trade away the best CB in the league while you can.

Enter Bitonti

Archived