I was out of town this weekend....what did I miss?

Jetsfan80

Vlad Ducasse Played .

Locker got some protection and picked us apart while he was in the game pretty much exposed our secondary.

The run was there for us all game but we decided to pass a bit more often early on than we probably should have.

Geno had one of those rookie games that probably couild have been avoided if we just pounded the football and used pl,ay action.

you know SAME OLD BULLsh*t.

Basically like the Dolphins game at the Meadowlands last year. 

Vlad Ducasse Played .

Locker got some protection and picked us apart while he was in the game pretty much exposed our secondary.

The run was there for us all game but we decided to pass a bit more often early on than we probably should have.

Geno had one of those rookie games that probably couild have been avoided if we just pounded the football and used pl,ay action.

you know SAME OLD BULLsh*t.

They could avoid it if the pounded the football, but .... that's what they did with Sanchez and he never developed anything other than fear. Better to take our lumps now.  

Oh and at least for this game Revis > Cro + $5M

They could avoid it if the pounded the football, but .... that's what they did with Sanchez and he never developed anything other than fear. Better to take our lumps now.  

Revis got beat for the game winning TD and gave up 6 catches for 66 yards to Fitz. You would expect Revis to make that play in the endzone. Either way hes better than Cro 10x over. I promise you if the Jets don't get pressure this secondary will get torched including Cro. we saw it yesterday

We don't have a legitimate RB or WR corps our OL needs a lot of work our rookie QB made mistakes and our weak CB was exposed badly other than that you didn't miss a thing.

not for nothing but I like what Im seeing from Powell. He seems to be a good ball control back and I bet if we feed him the ball enough we would get much more than expected. He was the ONLY bright spot on the entire team yesterday

Hill gave up and stood around once the ball was intercepted he was no longer a WR McIntyre laid on the pile after the tackle was already made.

Im not sure how you can call what happened in a split second giving up ???? Mcentyre was obviously trying to avoid the hit he did everything he could to cushion the blow and it was obvious IMO but we had the luxury of slow mo the refs did not so they get a pass on that one but NOT the Hill hit. Not only was he hit as a defenseless WR but the guy hit him with the crown of his helmet so they missed both penmalties

not for nothing but I like what Im seeing from Powell. He seems to be a good ball control back and I bet if we feed him the ball enough we would get much more than expected. He was the ONLY bright spot on the entire team yesterday

Powell is fine but other than him we don't a have another RB on the roster capable of carrying any type of load or being that go to guy on 4th and 1.

Tommy Bohanon looked good late in the game. 

We need to part ways with Green and possibly bring in a vet maybe Cedrick Benson.

Perhaps, but new money this year Revis is paid more like Cro + $7M and he's not that.  Revis gave up the pivotal TD yesterday's loss that tied the game with like 2 minutes left.  It wasn't a great throw or a great catch.  He just got beat, plain and simple.

Powell is fine but other than him we don't a have another RB on the roster capable of carrying any type of load or being that go to guy on 4th and 1.

Tommy Bohanon looked good late in the game. 

We need to part ways with Green and possibly bring in a vet maybe Cedrick Benson.

BUT WAIT !!!! Larz was showing us tape of Alex Green in Hawaii how could we possibly let this stud go ? :)

LOL yea.  I don't expect Goodson to be in any kind of football shape either.

Its time Idzik and Rex we need a WR and a RB free agent,trade whatever it takes.

trade is NOT the answer we have a good cap number next year and draft picks ...if this team was a legit contender I would say yeah make a trade but we are not a legit contender

LOL yea.  I don't expect Goodson to be in any kind of football shape either.

Its time Idzik and Rex we need a WR and a RB free agent,trade whatever it takes.

And who exactly did you have in mind, from the day after the superbowl through today?

The only one that appears to have been a great signing (considering the compensation) was Reggie Bush.  And it is wishful thinking that he - or anyone worthwhile - would have chosen to come to the 2013 Jets, gutting the roster with a lame-duck HC, instead of a (real or perceived) contender.  Or were we to just outbid everyone by 30-50% during a rebuilding season where the M.O. is dumping overpriced contracts?

I don't expect you (or others, not that I mean to single you out) to like it, but you're 8 months late, and counting, in accepting that this was and is a full rebuilding season where there were 2 goals: dump bad contracts and see which good players we have that aren't cap-killers before 2014's spending splurge.  It is a throwaway year and some of us called it - not that I didn't think it was obvious - back in March.  Some guys on the defense showing some promise doesn't change that.  Cap room was tighter this season and whatever leftover we did have was shelved for 2014 and beyond.  Meanwhile it seemed - and still seems - that Idzik's goal was to see which lower-priced players he has on the roster before potentially splurging on high-priced players at the same position.  You're going to have to watch Geno Smith learn or fail to learn, and maybe more of the same with Simms after that.  They're going to make a young QB pass and pass and pass because that's what the OC does and that's what the league (mostly) is now.  And there are 12 more games of it to watch.

Archived