The makings of something special?

Jacked4JetsFB

I want to keep this in perspective, so bear with me here!

I don't expect anything special this year, although I think we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs, which I was saying before the season even started.

What I think is we are witnessing what is the beginning of a special time in NYJ football. Geno is the real deal. Yes, he will still struggle at times this year, he is still a rookie and will have some very rough tames this year, make no mistake. But this kid has the ability to be a very good NFL QB. We have a top notch defensive line, one of the best defensive minds in the NFL in a long time, a very competent Offensive Coordinator, and a very young overall roster.

I think we are seeing the beginning of what could be a 10-15 year period in which we will be legitimate contenders in most of those years, and hopefully at least one ring!

A few legitimate playmakers on offense along with the development of Geno and I think we are a legit team with Rex running our D and Marty running our Offense. This is the most excited I have been about the future of this team in a long time. And we get to enjoy the present more than many people expected as well.

His talent is special. From the college games, to the Training Camp reports, to last night - That much is obvious. Kid can be anything.

We have to see it over the course of a few games though. He's had two good games, two awful games and one great one. That's pretty promising for a rookie but we have to see it consistently before we label him an absolute star. 

If Geno's the star he could be, then we'd be contenders regardless, because this league is all about QB's, give a good one to Rex Ryan and watch out.

I'm not sure what I like more:

Geno is the worst threads after games like Tennesee.

Or

Geno is the second coming of Christ after a game like last night.

I can't decide.

equally great, it's what makes fandom so amusing

I'm not sure what I like more:

Geno is the worst threads after games like Tennesee.

Or

Geno is the second coming of Christ after a game like last night.

I can't decide.

equally great, it's what makes fandom so amusing

Agreed.

He made some nice throws last night, has in a few games. He played a depleted defense for sure. I give Marty more credit for coming up with a good game plan to take advantage of that defense. I like the promise of what i see in Geno so far.....

I want to keep this in perspective, so bear with me here!

I don't expect anything special this year, although I think we have a legitimate shot at the playoffs, which I was saying before the season even started.

What I think is we are witnessing what is the beginning of a special time in NYJ football. Geno is the real deal. Yes, he will still struggle at times this year, he is still a rookie and will have some very rough tames this year, make no mistake. But this kid has the ability to be a very good NFL QB. We have a top notch defensive line, one of the best defensive minds in the NFL in a long time, a very competent Offensive Coordinator, and a very young overall roster.

I think we are seeing the beginning of what could be a 10-15 year period in which we will be legitimate contenders in most of those years, and hopefully at least one ring!

A few legitimate playmakers on offense along with the development of Geno and I think we are a legit team with Rex running our D and Marty running our Offense. This is the most excited I have been about the future of this team in a long time. And we get to enjoy the present more than many people expected as well.

CALM DOWN! :winking0001:

It's fun to speculate, especially after an exciting win. I wonder if you would be as high on Geno and this team if Folk had missed the FG and the Jets were 2-3?

I am cautiously optimistic. If you started off thinking this was a throw away season, then you are pleasantly surprised. 

Let's see where the chips fall after the season is over.

We need to give Geno time.  He's shown promise.  He's also shown that he's a rookie QB.  He's going to experience growing pains.  The main thing that the organization needs to evaluate is whether he will he be the QB of the future or not.  Besides all of the turnovers and his inexperience, he's shown enough to warrant that he could be the guy.  If he's the QB of the future, the organization needs to give him some playmakers.  Give him a WR threat.  Give him a TE who can make plays.  I think the Jets are on the right track with their RB's.  Yes it's a three-headed monster but they all compliment each other well.  The offensive coordinator is head and shoulders better than anything that this organization has had in a long time.  Rex does make his share of gaffes as a head coach but he still is a defensive mastermind.  He compliments Mornhinweg well.  Those two along with Izdik give this team the credibility and stability.  This team and organization are on the right track.

Archived