What you all fellow JETSFANS Grade Milliner

00tonytone_8809

I dont think he was that bad, he did give up a few 10 yard catches. but other then that. he   contained his WR from being on  ESPN high lights.

For a Rookie and back from a few games out, i   would give him a B-.   Brady did target him alot. and he held up   OK.

Yeah, I've seen better and I've seen worse in the same circumstances.  Was sure, for a minute, that we just lost him for another month.  

Still have high hopes.  I don't watch college ball but he was supposed to be some kind of great CB so I'll still hold out hope.  His first game in weeks, and we've all seen Brady burn better CBs than Milliner was burned. Lucky he wasn't facing off against anyone good, but he was facing who he was facing and it's not like he gave up a couple of TDs or huge gainers on 3rd & very long or anything.

I'll take it, for now.  And I know he's a rookie but I'd like to see something that makes him look special at some point.

Yeah, I've seen better and I've seen worse in the same circumstances.  Was sure, for a minute, that we just lost him for another month.  

Still have high hopes.  I don't watch college ball but he was supposed to be some kind of great CB so I'll still hold out hope.  His first game in weeks, and we've all seen Brady burn better CBs than Milliner was burned. Lucky he wasn't facing off against anyone good, but he was facing who he was facing and it's not like he gave up a couple of TDs or huge gainers on 3rd & very long or anything.

I'll take it, for now.  And I know he's a rookie but I'd like to see something that makes him look special at some point.

I agree, and i thought he was gone for a while too. he  shook it off and came back in the next series.   I think he shows more promise then K. Wilson. it isnt saying much. but it seemed like he was being targeted alot and he didnt give up TD's or any  catch your gonna see on NFL rewind. thats why i was optimistic with his play on his 1st game back in a while. LETS also remember it was against Tom Brady. We all seen what he did vs Saints.  HE's defenitely not gonna be a Revis but he's gonna be pretty good from what i seen today.

I get called as an SEC homer a lot, and I am, but as such I do get to see a lot of these players.  Milliner reminds me a lot of Joe Haden, obviously that's a lofty comparison considering how well Haden's player now, but coming out that's probably who's game he reminded me of the most.  I think he has the ability to develop; he's very fluid, has good ball awareness, but right now he's afraid to get beaten by the deep ball and is struggling on the double moves of these NFL receivers, something a lot of rookie-CBs do.  If he can stay healthy and gets the reps he needs, I think he'll be an at worst, solid pro for us, with obviously a much higher ceiling.  

Come on, it's too early for anyone to call Miliner a bust or grade him an "F."

He's not always playing smart out there, and he gives too much of a cushion, but he's a rookie at CB for god's sake. Come on. Can't expect him to be Richard Sherman or Darelle Revis.

I think he'll be solid before it's all through.

Just an awful pick.  D.J. Hayden was the obvious guy to pick if looking for an NFL ready man cover guy.  I give Milliner an "F" as in "get the F outta here!".

I wasn't a huge fan of the pick, but they were going BPA and I can never argue with that.  For what it's worth, Hayden has been struggling quite mightily this year as well. CBs usually take a bit longer to adjust to, I'd wait longer than a handful of games to judge him.   

Come on, it's too early for anyone to call Miliner a bust or grade him an "F."

He's not always playing smart out there, and he gives too much of a cushion, but he's a rookie at CB for god's sake. Come on. Can't expect him to be Richard Sherman or Darelle Revis.

I think he'll be solid before it's all through.

If he can remain healthy enough to play, that is. He's been about as good as you can expect a rookie so far, when he's playing. But what doesn't this guy have nagging at him....a hamstring, achilles, should, knee, hip...? something like that right? 

I wasn't a huge fan of the pick, but they were going BPA and I can never argue with that.  For what it's worth, Hayden has been struggling quite mightily this year as well. CBs usually take a bit longer to adjust to, I'd wait longer than a handful of games to judge him.   

This is the truth. Not gonna lie I know it from reading scout reports, but some people just want to float bullsh*t in the air b/c they think it can't be called out. Just saying. Both these guys seem to be in the same boat...except yeah, Milliner's health scares me as much as Hayden's possible heart issues.

If he can remain healthy enough to play, that is. He's been about as good as you can expect a rookie so far, when he's playing. But what doesn't this guy have nagging at him....a hamstring, achilles, should, knee, hip...? something like that right? 

Not only that, but we drafted him knowing he had already had (I believe) 5 surgeries as a college and high school player including multiple knee surgeries. 

That's my big worry too, but he's pretty tough.  He played hurt at Alabama. 

I get called as an SEC homer a lot, and I am, but as such I do get to see a lot of these players.  Milliner reminds me a lot of Joe Haden, obviously that's a lofty comparison considering how well Haden's player now, but coming out that's probably who's game he reminded me of the most.  I think he has the ability to develop; he's very fluid, has good ball awareness, but right now he's afraid to get beaten by the deep ball and is struggling on the double moves of these NFL receivers, something a lot of rookie-CBs do.  If he can stay healthy and gets the reps he needs, I think he'll be an at worst, solid pro for us, with obviously a much higher ceiling.  

Haden was much more polished coming out.  He was straight lockdown perfect on technique and had the athletic ability.  Milliner made up for a lot of his lack in technique with athleticism which you could get away with in college ball, in that defense.  He got spun around on an easy 7 yard dig.  Thats bad, like CB 101 sh*t.  You never saw that from Haden.  Anyway...his heads spinning.  He'll get better.  CB is a hard position to learn in the NFL.  

Milliner was a great college CB but will be only an average NFL CB due to his abilities and inabilities....on the same note, he has all the tools to be a very good safety IMO....couldn't see that change happening for at least 2 years though so it is what it is till then.

Last I saw he was targeted 9 times and they completed 6. If Brady doesn't miss Dobson over the top, Milliner is toasted and the Jets lose. Plus he is injured all the time. He wasn't good today. Period.

I don't think people give Milliner enough credit for his technique when he forces Dobson and some of those WRs to take outside routes and pinches them towards the sideline, that doesn't happen by mistake.  He's got a lot to learn, but there are a lot of nuances to CB's game that goes unnoticed.

I don't think people give Milliner enough credit for his technique when he forces Dobson and some of those WRs to take outside routes and pinches them towards the sideline, that doesn't happen by mistake.  He's got a lot to learn, but there are a lot of nuances to CB's game that goes unnoticed.

Yeah, but on the other hand, did he go to Notre Dame?

Think about it.

Haden was much more polished coming out.  He was straight lockdown perfect on technique and had the athletic ability.  Milliner made up for a lot of his lack in technique with athleticism which you could get away with in college ball, in that defense.  He got spun around on an easy 7 yard dig.  Thats bad, like CB 101 sh*t.  You never saw that from Haden.  Anyway...his heads spinning.  He'll get better.  CB is a hard position to learn in the NFL.  

There's a lot of truth in there, but you're selling Milliner very short.  He was one of the best, if not the best press-man CBs in all of college football and one of the things that he's struggling with is playing off-man coverage, something Bama hasn't done as much recently.  Haden had some knocks on him for his lack of instincts, but that's probably more nit-picking the elite prospects at that point.  Haden also had the ability to play nickel his first season and only really took over when whatever Browns' receiver started struggling and wasn't really put in zero coverage like Rex does to a lot of his Cbs.

The thing is, you did see this from Haden his rookie year, just no one harped on it because he was playing for the Browns. Haden had a great rookie year and we'd be lucky if Milliner comes close to that level of production, but it's a little Gator homer in ya and knowing what haden's done in the pros for thinking he was worlds better coming out.  But here's to hoping Dee lives up to it.

There's a lot of truth in there, but you're selling Milliner very short.  He was one of the best, if not the best press-man CBs in all of college football and one of the things that he's struggling with is playing off-man coverage, something Bama hasn't done as much recently.  Haden had some knocks on him for his lack of instincts, but that's probably more nit-picking the elite prospects at that point.  Haden also had the ability to play nickel his first season and only really took over when whatever Browns' receiver started struggling and wasn't really put in zero coverage like Rex does to a lot of his Cbs.

The thing is, you did see this from Haden his rookie year, just no one harped on it because he was playing for the Browns. Haden had a great rookie year and we'd be lucky if Milliner comes close to that level of production, but it's a little Gator homer in ya and knowing what haden's done in the pros for thinking he was worlds better coming out.  But here's to hoping Dee lives up to it.

It might be.  Wont deny it...but I'm not wrong.  Its valid.  Haden was in zero all the time for Urban...he shut down Julio, AJ, you name it.  Milliner was a great man press college back but he wasnt shadowing WR's the way Haden was hence why I think Haden came out a lot more ready from day 1.

Archived