I like Geno

DRJETS

It was definitely on Kerley and Geno was a man and shouldered the blame as all good QBs should. This has definitely been a problem for the Jets in the past, bu I'm willing to let it slide on this one, mostly because Kerley usually seems on top of his game and is probably the best route-runner on the team. F*ck-ups happen, but when your best players start doing it, it can get ugly early.  Hopefully everyone has a bad taste in their mouth and they bring it next week. You never want to go into the bye with a loss. 

we have not played well against good Ds,  we cant cover anybody and all the saints do is pass the ball i smell a blow  out just as bad as this past week. we need a true #1 WR 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

every other rookie from Drob to Gholston earned their playing time. I have no faith that Geno's actually the best QB on this roster. Even going 3-7 for 17 yards in garbage time Simms looked like there's a possibility he could be better. David Garrard got treatment on his knee? Great, get him in there.

I'll tell you a story once upon I time I played for a college football team where the QB wasn't even the starter on his HS team. Geno is not nearly as talent-poor as this particular individual, in fact he's quite a good prospect. But he didn't earn that job and that's my problem with Geno. They are starting him based on what they hope happens, and that is not how a football team should operate. not at any level, pee wee HS, college or pros. the QB should be the best QB.

So Geno needs to earn his spot on the field, but every other QB on the roster should start just because you think Geno is bad?

Incidentally, does anyone else remember "Sanchez being bad doesn't mean Geno is good?" Ah, memories.

So Geno needs to earn his spot on the field, but every other QB on the roster should start just because you think Geno is bad?

Incidentally, does anyone else remember "Sanchez being bad doesn't mean Geno is good?" Ah, memories.

Is he just being obtuse?  Is it intentional?  

every other rookie from Drob to Gholston earned their playing time. I have no faith that Geno's actually the best QB on this roster. Even going 3-7 for 17 yards in garbage time Simms looked like there's a possibility he could be better. David Garrard got treatment on his knee? Great, get him in there. 

I'll tell you a story once upon I time I played for a college football team where the QB wasn't even the starter on his HS team. Geno is not nearly as talent-poor as this particular individual, in fact he's quite a good prospect. But he didn't earn that job and that's my problem with Geno. They are starting him based on what they hope happens, and that is not how a football team should operate. not at any level, pee wee HS, college or pros. the QB should be the best QB. 

lulza

Ok then how did Milliner "earn" is starting role?

lulza

It's not "for the hell of it", and it's not just anyone.  Barkley sucks, no way anyone should be taking a chance on any USC QB.  Mariota is a high level breed of talent.  Big difference.  

This is a QB-driven league so stockpiling QB's is always smart.  It's the one pick that you can make that can transform your team.  If we aren't fully sure about Geno when the season is over we need to be taking advantage of one of the most QB-rich drafts that's happened in a while.  It doesn't HAVE to be a 1st round guy but like I said, Mariota is a top 10 guy.  If he's there when we pick at around 14-18 we gotta pull the trigger.

Exactly.  QBs are always valuable.  You can't have enough of them.  Injuries happen.  Teams need backups.  Teams are so QB needy in the NFL that lots of lousy QBs stay in the league for years.  Look at what GB got for Matt Flynn.  If the Jets draft a QB and Geno proves to be the best one and the QB the Jets draft develops too, they can keep him as the backup, or trade him for a #1 or #2 pick from a QB needy team.

I slept on this.  Focus solely on offensive weapons and secondary next season.  Let's see what Geno can do with some actual talent around him and give him all of next season too.  If he sucks, which he will because he's member of the NY Jets, then do everything in your power to draft Jameis Winston and watch him become the next great Jets bust.  It makes sense.

Yesterday was a bad game but there was still positive.  He completed 66% of his passes with zero running game.  The first INT was all on Kerley.  He directed his defender toward the intended target which was Nelson.  Had Kerley not run a bad route that was an easy completion.  Bad route, poor awareness by WR has plague this team for over the last two years. The second INT was all on Geno as he tried to force the ball to Nelson.  He had Powell open in the flat with 30 yards to run.  He will get it eventually.  For the year Geno is close to 60% completion, so in that regard, completion % will not be a problem.  He needs at times, to make better decision with the ball.  So far, I feel great with Geno's progress.   Hopefully, the final 8 games, he will corrects the mistake of the first 8.  

I like chicken parmesan hero on garlic bread. It doesn't mean it's good for me.

... and like the Jets, it always gives me indigestion.

Ok then how did Milliner "earn" is starting role?

He's not a starter   btw Geno isn't a starter either. Dee was evaluated and he was benched, twice. It seems out of line that the 1st round CB has a higher bar than the 2nd rd QB. Geno was finally benched last week and that's what needs to happen when a rookie craps the bed.

If he can't take care of the football, he's not. 

Yes, even then, he is still by far the best QB on the roster.  As dbatesman pointed out, he's 12th in the NFL in YPA with some of the worst weapons in the league.  He gives us the best chance to win, as he's already proven by winning 4 games, and being one of the top 3 Jets' players on the field in every victory. 

Matt Simms earned the # 2 job over McElroy and Quinn (not both gone as a result), but that's all he should be.  And Garrard, the same Garrard you ripped Idzik for trying to sign in the first place, should hardly be the banner you carry.  A blowout loss to a superior Bengals team changes nothing about the Jets' perception of the depth chart.

Now, if you want to debate whether we need to draft a QB this offseason, and whom we should be looking at, that's a worthy discussion.  But your "start anyone but Geno" argument is completely stupid.

He's not a starter   btw Geno isn't a starter either. Dee was evaluated and he was benched, twice. It seems out of line that the 1st round CB has a higher bar than the 2nd rd QB. Geno was finally benched last week and that's what needs to happen when a rookie craps the bed.

I've read this like 5 times and I'm like lolwut? 

In that game he was benched.  But he's still starting against New Orleans.  You won't see Simms this year unless future blowouts or an injury occur.

Yes, even then, he is still by far the best QB on the roster.  As dbatesman pointed out, he's 12th in the NFL in YPA with some of the worst weapons in the league.  He gives us the best chance to win, as he's already proven by winning 4 games, and being one of the top 3 Jets' players on the field in every victory. 

Matt Simms earned the # 2 job over McElroy and Quinn (not both gone as a result), but that's all he should be.  And Garrard, the same Garrard you ripped Idzik for trying to sign in the first place, should hardly be the banner you carry.

Now, if you want to debate whether we need to draft a QB this offseason, and whom we should be looking at, that's a worthy discussion.  But your "start anyone but Geno" argument is completely stupid.

Stats, yes let's talk stats.  He is playing poorly at 29th in QB rating and 3rd in INT. he's thrown 14 INt in 8 games even for a rookie that's alot. 4 were pick 6s,  Theres no actual proof he's better than Simms or Garrard.  He has talent and that's exciting and we hope he's better than those two  but it's not been proven he's even the best QB on the roster. 

In that game he was benched.  But he's still starting against New Orleans.  You won't see Simms this year unless future blowouts or an injury occur.

The fact that the Jets are starting Geno doesn't prove he's better than Simms. It could be that the Jets are starting the wrong QB. It wouldn't be the first time. 

Stats, yes let's talk stats.  He is playing poorly at 29th in QB rating and 3rd in INT. he's thrown 14 INt in 8 games even for a rookie that's alot. 4 were pick 6s,  Theres no actual proof he's better than Simms or Garrard.  He has talent and that's exciting and we hope he's better than those two  but it's not been proven he's even the best QB on the roster. 

Nor has it been "proven" that Simms brings anything to the table other than one preseason game against the Eagles.  David Garrard, the SAME GUY YOU BASHED ALL OFFSEASON, hasn't taken a snap since 2010.

Just STFU already.  This is getting pathetic.

Really?  IMO you lose all credibility as a knowledgeable fan when you make posts like this.  The Jets are looking for a new starting QB.  Do you really think they'd have started Geno initially, or kept playing him in spite of all the picks if they thought Simms had more potential or Simms was clearly proving in practice that he was the better QB?  There's your proof.  Garrard was only brought back as a mentor and as an emergency fall back in case both Geno and Simms get injured (because he's better than Quinn).

Nor has it been "proven" that Simms brings anything to the table other than one preseason game against the Eagles.  David Garrard, the SAME GUY YOU BASHED ALL OFFSEASON, hasn't taken a snap since 2010.

Just STFU already.  This is getting pathetic.

when someone tells me to STFU i know they are running out of arguments.  I might not have credibility but at least Im polite

Stats, yes let's talk stats. He is playing poorly at 29th in QB rating and 3rd in INT. he's thrown 14 INt in 8 games even for a rookie that's alot. 4 were pick 6s, Theres no actual proof he's better than Simms or Garrard. He has talent and that's exciting and we hope he's better than those two but it's not been proven he's even the best QB on the roster.

Feel the Hate flow through you..

Really?  IMO you lose all credibility as a knowledgeable fan when you make posts like this.  The Jets are looking for a new starting QB.  Do you really think they'd have started Geno initially, or kept playing him in spite of all the picks if they thought Simms had more potential or Simms was clearly proving in practice that he was the better QB?  There's your proof. Garrard was only brought back as a mentor and as an emergency fall back in case both Geno and Simms get injured (because he's better than Quinn).

the Jets have been wrong before.  

every other rookie from Drob to Gholston earned their playing time. I have no faith that Geno's actually the best QB on this roster. Even going 3-7 for 17 yards two sacks, no awareness in the pocket in garbage time Simms looked like there's a possibility he could be better. David Garrard got treatment on his knee? Great, get him in there. 

Bitonti, are you a girl who happens to like football? Do you have a crush on Matt Simms? :Banane43:

Anyone comparing Manziel to Tebow is out of their mind.

Manziel is going to be a top 5 QB in this league, he is way closer to Drew Brees than Tebow.

I love Manziel but he will never be Brees, not in term of throwing down field at least.  Manziel has a weak arm while Brees has a cannon for an arm. 

The fact that the Jets are starting Geno doesn't prove he's better than Simms. It could be that the Jets are starting the wrong QB. It wouldn't be the first time. 

Lemme guess, you were a huge Pat Ryan fan, weren't you. 

And I bet you're staring ruefully at a LaMont Jordan poster right now. 

the Jets have been wrong before.

classic signs of a conspiracy theorist:

http://www.urban75.org/info/conspiraloons.html

1. Arrogance.

2. Relentlessness.

3. Inability to answer questions.

4. Fondness for certain stock phrases.

5. Inability to employ or understand Occam's Razor.

6. Inability to tell good evidence from bad.

7. Inability to withdraw.

8. Leaping to conclusions.

9. Using previous conspiracies as evidence to support their claims.

10. It's always a conspiracy.

classic signs of a conspiracy theorist:

http://www.urban75.org/info/conspiraloons.html

1. Arrogance.

2. Relentlessness.

3. Inability to answer questions.

4. Fondness for certain stock phrases.

5. Inability to employ or understand Occam's Razor.

6. Inability to tell good evidence from bad.

7. Inability to withdraw.

8. Leaping to conclusions.

9. Using previous conspiracies as evidence to support their claims.

10. It's always a conspiracy.

LMAO

Archived