The best of Jon Gruden from MNF

Klecko73isGod

This man is a national treasure and can not be allowed to go back into coaching:

“He should voicemail get open!”

“Mike, the best band to ever come out of Seattle was, of course, Pearl Jam. And that’s what I expect the Seahawks to do – just jam it up the middle.”

“The Seahawks defense has to go balls deep to win this game.”

“I bet you like sitting at red lights.”

“I just wanna see some football, man”

“Ultra high speed slow mo”

“Mike, did you ever see the movie ‘Cast Away?’ In that movie, Tom Hanks’ only friend was a ball named Wilson. In this game, Russell Wilson’s only friend is a football.”

Is he a heavy drinker? I'd never heard that?

yeah, absolutely is and my bro bartended for a party and he was sloshed with his own players.  Maybe it is just a tampa thing as Freeman was frequently seen on Clearwater beach very buzzed but nothing like I heard about JG being sh*tfaced.  I can understand Freeman as I loved going to the beaches in my early years but getting sh*tfaced with your players is kinda bad...

yeah, absolutely is and my bro bartended for a party and he was sloshed with his own players. Maybe it is just a tampa thing as Freeman was frequently seen on Clearwater beach very buzzed but nothing like I heard about JG being sh*tfaced. I can understand Freeman as I loved going to the beaches in my early years but getting sh*tfaced with your players is kinda bad...

I used to bartend in Tampa. You'd see gruden and freeman out everywhere.

Gruden is great.  He loves the game and it shows.  And he enjoys his job and it shows.  I find that inspiring.

great quotes, btw.  The one about Pearl Jam was somewhat nonsensical, which makes it even better.  And balls deep is awesome.

This made sense to you?

“Mike, did you ever see the movie ‘Cast Away?’ In that movie, Tom Hanks’ only friend was a ball named Wilson. In this game, Russell Wilson’s only friend is a football.”

This made sense to you?

I liked that one, too.  I suppose the sense it makes is that Russell Wilson wasn't getting much help?

Archived