We are going 11-5

Jacked4JetsFB

wow wait i will be happy with 9-7 an hope for a 10-6 if they go  11 and 5  that means will loose 1  game from here out  dont think so

Yea Jets would have to really improve on that 1-3 road record, Buff, Miami, Car, and either Cle, or Balt I forget at best 2-2.

Bank it!

Also 11-5 might not be good enough to make the playoffs, odds are the Patriots, Broncos, and Chiefs get to 11+ wins so that leaves 1 playoff spot up for grabs, and if both the Jets, and Titans get to 11-5 we go home, Titans have the tie breaker on us. This just happens to be a really bad year to be the 10 win team type of team. All it will accomplish is the Jets not picking low enough to get a top offensive playmaker they so desperately need.

On the positive side it has been an exciting season, something not many expected, living in the present it's a great year, thinking future it isn't changing anything for next year unless Geno miraculously shows he is a franchise QB while throwing to division 3 WR's, and TE's don't see that happening. Won't be able to find out the true value of Smith until you get him players that can make plays for a QB.

You trying out for WR and have some superman style abilities ?

This!

Sucks really can't evaluate G Smith fairly this year, he needs a fair shot with an actual NFL WR core to make it fair, this could set us back a few years if the Jets go get those weapons, and Geno is M Sanchez!

I would be thrilled with 9-7, and OK with 8-8. That would be significan progress from last year, with a new year coming that includes some cap flexibility once Sancherino is jettisoned.

8-8 would be a failed second half. Have u seen the remaining schedule? 10-6 is a very good possibility.

Also 11-5 might not be good enough to make the playoffs, odds are the Patriots, Broncos, and Chiefs get to 11+ wins so that leaves 1 playoff spot up for grabs, and if both the Jets, and Titans get to 11-5 we go home, Titans have the tie breaker on us.

Don't they have five playoff spots per conference?  The two wildcards play each other the first playoff weekend.

Instead of going home, we'd be playing Tennessee again in the wild card playoff-even if we were less than 11-5.

There is not one team in our remaining 7 games that I don't think we will kick their ass with the exception if maybe Carolina, who we are still far better than. We will lose one game just because it's the NFL, but in all honesty we are significantly better than every team we play from here on out. As I said earlier, Bank!

We don't have enough talent to win consistently, but above .500 is certainly a strong possibility now.  Taking 2 out of 3 in the last 3 games was quite impressive, even if our 2 best wins of the season sandwiched our worst loss.

No one wants to say it but......we'll be a far better offense if/when Santonio Holmes returns.  We need capable receivers, and we're probably not finding any off the street.  We got extremely lucky snagging David Nelson.

There is not one team in our remaining 7 games that I don't think we will kick their ass with the exception if maybe Carolina, who we are still far better than. We will lose one game just because it's the NFL, but in all honesty we are significantly better than every team we play from here on out. As I said earlier, Bank!

No, we're not.  That defense is legit.  The Panthers are poorly coached but they have talent for miles.  3-1 against the NFC South will still be damn impressive.

Also 11-5 might not be good enough to make the playoffs, odds are the Patriots, Broncos, and Chiefs get to 11+ wins so that leaves 1 playoff spot up for grabs, and if both the Jets, and Titans get to 11-5 we go home, Titans have the tie breaker on us. This just happens to be a really bad year to be the 10 win team type of team. All it will accomplish is the Jets not picking low enough to get a top offensive playmaker they so desperately need.

On the positive side it has been an exciting season, something not many expected, living in the present it's a great year, thinking future it isn't changing anything for next year unless Geno miraculously shows he is a franchise QB while throwing to division 3 WR's, and TE's don't see that happening. Won't be able to find out the true value of Smith until you get him players that can make plays for a QB.

If the playoffs started today, we would be in them.  just sayin...

I'm telling you, 11-5. I'd bet my house on it!

If you look purely at schedule and base on how we played yesterday, you have a very solid case for 11-5. The key to our season is this bye week. And how our coaching staff prepares our players for the coming Bills game. The rollercoaster ricde up and down season plus Rex's record after the bye week can both me changed with our beloved Jets coming out like gangbusters against the Bills, and destroying that team and making that game the statement game from then on. If that happens we will need to dismantle the Ravens. These are both road games and if we do that we will have a good shot of having a good season. Remember and in my humble opinion, it will come down to "Our team being ready to play and being prepared to Play"...that falls right at Rex's and his coaching staffs door step.

This!

Sucks really can't evaluate G Smith fairly this year, he needs a fair shot with an actual NFL WR core to make it fair, this could set us back a few years if the Jets go get those weapons, and Geno is M Sanchez!

true but  geno can put it down field something sanchez cant, one more thing  geno does better

Don't they have five playoff spots per conference? The two wildcards play each other the first playoff weekend.

Instead of going home, we'd be playing Tennessee again in the wild card playoff-even if we were less than 11-5.

6 spots, 4 division winners, and 2 WC spots, the Chiefs, and Broncos will take up a division winner spot, and 1 WC spot leaving 1 WC spot left for the rest of the AFC to fight over.

If the playoffs started today, we would be in them. just sayin...

Technically yes, but only because we played 9 games, and Tennessee played 8, when our bye week is over, and Tennessee beats Jacksonville at home we will be on the outside looking in.

Don't they have five playoff spots per conference?  The two wildcards play each other the first playoff weekend.

The wildcards don't play each other.

#1 bye week

#2 bye week

#3 hosts the #6 ranked (wildcard) playoff team

#4 hosts the #5 ranked (wildcard) playoff team

#5 wildcard

#6 wildcard

Archived