Cancerous Douche Holmes acknowledges his status as DOA cock

T0mShane

Positive in regards to his attitude. Your NYPost-like title was not reflective of the article's contents. Not that that's surprising, either. 

Yes, his production is low, but is that because Holmes sucks, or the offense sucks? He had the teams' second most receiving yards, and most receiving yards, respectively, in 2010 and 2011. In 2010, he only appeared in 12 games. Hopefully he chooses to selfishly shine the rest of the season. The team could use him.

the problem with Holmes is that his talent is no where near his diva level.    

teams put up with dominant, game-breaking divas.   Holmes struggles to get open.   Yes, Sanchez sucked but it's not like Holmes was blowing by guys every play.   

Bottom line  is, Holmes, right now, does make the team better.  He kept himself out of the first half of the season playing with a rookie QB.  He knows he is in a contract year, and has to show something in the last 7 games, or he won't be worth any more then vets min next season.

As it turns out this is good timing for the Jets.  I'm glad he's back.  Next season he can go pound sand.

Not true.  You read the article.  His coaches, teammates, all say he's misunderstood.  You read all the offseason articles about him mentoring the younger receivers, that he's a beast in the meetings/tape sessions...but thats not what people want to hear.  He yelled at Mark Sanchez for choking away the season in the huddle.  OH NOES!!!  

Holmes is a villain.  He's the person, narrow minded individuals can point to and say, see THUG!!!  When really, he's a philanthropist.  So he likes weed?  Who doesnt?

This post is hilarious. Excellent work here Nick Cannon.

This is terrible reporting by Manish. But the fact that Manish is a terrible reporter should comes as news to no one.

Anyway, it was Manish's paper (if not Manish himself) that originally ran this quote which was grossly out of context. For Manish to quote this without correcting the record is just plain irresponsible and, again, evidence that he is an awful reporter.

The full quote:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2013/10/03/santonio-holmes-geno-smith-cant-throw-it-to-myself/2919071/

Kinda changes the whole tone of the quote, doesn't it? Apparently it didn't fit Manish's agenda to provide the full statement.

You wonder why he's a dick to the media?  

the problem with Holmes is that his talent is no where near his diva level.    

teams put up with dominant, game-breaking divas.   Holmes struggles to get open.   Yes, Sanchez sucked but it's not like Holmes was blowing by guys every play.

I'm not defending Holmes, just saying the article itself was a positive one. Not just his teammate, but his position coach seems to be in his corner. The piece doesn't match Shane's title.

The article also states that Holmes is resigned to being released at the end of the year. That's good for the Jets. He needs to finish strong to secure another contract at the same time that the Jets need to finish strong to make the playoffs. It's a happy coincidence. Not to mention the benefits for Geno's development with Kerley out. Let's face it, nothing would be better for Holmes personally than for the Jets to get into the tournament, and for him to make an impact there. He needs to be selfish without being a dick about it the rest of the way. I'd say it's a good problem to have, but I don't even see the problem.

I'm not defending Holmes, just saying the article itself was a positive one. Not just his teammate, but his position coach seems to be in his corner. The piece doesn't match Shane's title.

The article also states that Holmes is resigned to being released at the end of the year. That's good for the Jets. He needs to finish strong to secure another contract at the same time that the Jets need to finish strong to make the playoffs. It's a happy coincidence. Not to mention the benefits for Geno's development with Kerley out. Let's face it, nothing would be better for Holmes personally than for the Jets to get into the tournament, and for him to make an impact there. He needs to be selfish without being a dick about it the rest of the way. I'd say it's a good problem to have, but I don't even see the problem.

Being called a "cancer", "acting lie a 10 year old" and walking out of a team meeting when all the plays don't revolve around you, sounds very positive and uplifting.

You must get a kick out of reading obituaries.

Being called a "cancer", "acting lie a 10 year old" and walking out of a team meeting when all the plays don't revolve around you, sounds very positive and uplifting.

You must get a kick out of reading obituaries.

Is that good? No. But it is sorta understandable with Sporano as the OC with Sanchez at QB. These are the sort of men that other men quit on.

Doesn't really matter, either, because Holmes has allegedly already come to terms with being let go by the team. And I won't miss him. He's already burned his bridge here. Right now, though, Holmes needs to start building a new bridge to the rest of the league, or at least one team to take a chance on the mercurial receiver. He does that by producing and behaving. And he is talented, even if he's not as good as he thinks he is. It's a good situation for the Jets.

Is that good? No. But it is sorta understandable with Sporano as the OC with Sanchez at QB. These are the sort of men that other men quit on.

Doesn't really matter, either, because Holmes has allegedly already come to terms with being let go by the team. And I won't miss him. He's already burned his bridge here. Right now, though, Holmes needs to start building a new bridge to the rest of the league, or at least one team to take a chance on the mercurial receiver. He does that by producing and behaving. And he is talented, even if he's not as good as he thinks he is. It's a good situation for the Jets.

Not Sparano.  It was 2011.  Sparano was only here last year.  sh*t like this might be part of the reason they hired Sparano.  A former head coach and a bit more of a hardass, they may have thought he would simplify things and keep guys in line.  He didn't and didn't have any recognizable plan for the team. 

We had an opportunity to interview Holmes recently (two weeks ago).  This came in through another source, not the Jets.  We said sure we would love to sit down and talk to him.

Then we were told that the interview could not include any talk about Santonio Holmes, his injury, timetable to return to the field or any questions about the NY Jets in general.  So basically we were offered the chance to talk to him but not about football.

I told them no thanks, we could just run the press release for the charity event.  But those were a lot of rules.  They contacted us about interviewing him originally, that was the ironic part.

Archived