NY Jets offense under MM

Lupz27

Personally can't think of a single reason MM should stay, don't think any of our offensive coaches should be here

next year- receivers coach sucks, line sucks, running backs coach sucks, qb coach sucks, clean house.

Start over, someone needs to evaluate our needs, including bringing in a no. one RB, a vet FB

a new no. one receiver, and a stud TE, and some line help, thats a lot of needs.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So essentially your saying bring in another DC to be HC, why would you do that when you already have the best available DC to be your HC? If you make a HC change it HAS to be to an offensive call his own offense type of HC, and MM would make sense in that aspect, but sure as hell wouldn't make sense football related wise, dude is a horrible HC!

I for one would love to see a new HC that is a good QB developer and a good coach. Maybe they all fall into the category of OC:s and if that is the case then maybe we need to part with MM since he is not the answer at HC according to you who have seen him in that role, but if not, that´s what i want. And a new DC/offer Rex the job first.

I think we all agree that a class A defence wins you 0 rings, yes?

I think MM is the most interesting OC ive seen at Jets but of course he needs better of everything, O-line, recievers and QBs..

FWIW, Steve Young and Namath both pointed the finger at Rex for the continued offensive struggles. Young cited the organizational philosophy as being so defense-heavy that it produces an offensive sinkhole, Namath cited a lack of discipline and a drafting philosophy that invested way too much into the defense.

I would hope that they go after an Offensive minded HC if Rex is fired.  What they still feel burned by Kotite and and don't want to ever go that route again?   I mean it's been all defensive minded coaches ever since.    

'

I mean if we look at the Jets head coaches,  Rex was a DC, his brother Rob is a defensive guy, their father was Buddy Ryan and so on.
  Mangini was a DC, defensive assistant, etc under BB for years with 3 different teams.  Herm was a defensive backs, defensive assistant, etc coach under Dungy and so on for years.  Groh was pretty much a defensive guy, learned under Parcells,  became known as a Linebacker expert, and so on.    Before that Parcells is known as a defensive minded coach.      Hell, before Kotite,  Pete Carroll was a defensive coach for quite a number of years.  

So if you look back at all the HC for the Jets after Walton(who was an offensive kind of coach),   they've all been defensive minded coaches besides Coslet & Kotite.

It's almost like they've refused to hire some Offensive coach ever since that era.   

If they do fire Rex and hire a new HC, I sure hope it's some offensive minded guru or something, and not MM, he sucked as a HC and he hasn't been that impressive as an OC this season either.   If they fire Rex and hire some other defensive minded coach,  it's almost like what the hell is the point.  

Can't wait for the Jets, and Bucs trade HC's, and we go 0-16 next year guided by the NJ boy Schiano, and Rex wins the SB in TB! True story!

FWIW Schiano actually came out of the Freeman debacle smelling like a rose

Man you guys are whacked. This was never a year where we'd contend. The offense will be aggressively addressed via the draft and fa. MM isn't going anywhere. Neither is rex.

It's not about contending, it's about the team improving.  The offense stinks.   The secondary stinks.  Geno has been terrible.  MM has gone to the ground and pound philosophy.  And the Jets have been blown out far to often under Rex to not blame him for getting the team ready.   

The Bills aren't a good team. The Ravens didn't play all that well.   To not even be in either game, and being the 10th and 11th game of the season,  it's a bad sign.  

There is no magic formula.  And honestly, I haven't been that impressed with Idzik's picks or signings.   He's done the same thing Rex and Tanny did.  He had a nice Defensive pick in the first round, a great pick at that,  but how many times have we seen Rex's teams pick great defensive lineman?   And he also picked a guy who doesn't give anybody hope in the first round. Maybe He'll improve, but at this point, he's worse than Kyle Wilson.  Geno has stunk.  Say what you want, but there are rookies, and then there are bad rookies.  Geno has been a bad rookie.  Will he improve?  Who knows, but at this point, it doesn't look good.   And Winters is part of an OL that stinks.   

That's the thing, you have to actually build a winning team.  The Jets are the same team they've always been. Bad offense, decent defense, and hovering around that 8-8 record.    Maybe Idzik will pick differently next year, but looking at this team, it's become a long long term plan.  And they still don't have a QB.

Man you guys are whacked. This was never a year where we'd contend. The offense will be aggressively addressed via the draft and fa. MM isn't going anywhere. Neither is rex.

You're blind if you don't see the same garbage as we've seen the entire time Rex has been here. What makes you think the non competitive offense is going to get better? What makes you think a coach who is utterly clueless about offense and who's QB's have regressed without fail will change? Wishful thinking?

"Hey, we weren't going to contend anyway, guys, so coaching doesn't matter lol everyone chill out and wait for next year just you watch and oh yeah that's when you'll see the REAL REX who's awesome just you wait ha ha ha ha ha so many super bowls coming btw sanchez is real good he just needs a chance prolly replace kaepernick in san fran and win a few rings ha ha."

It's not about contending, it's about the team improving.  The offense stinks.   The secondary stinks.  Geno has been terrible.  MM has gone to the ground and pound philosophy.  And the Jets have been blown out far to often under Rex to not blame him for getting the team ready.   

The Bills aren't a good team. The Ravens didn't play all that well.   To not even be in either game, and being the 10th and 11th game of the season,  it's a bad sign.  

There is no magic formula.  And honestly, I haven't been that impressed with Idzik's picks or signings.   He's done the same thing Rex and Tanny did.  He had a nice Defensive pick in the first round, a great pick at that,  but how many times have we seen Rex's teams pick great defensive lineman?   And he also picked a guy who doesn't give anybody hope in the first round. Maybe He'll improve, but at this point, he's worse than Kyle Wilson.  Geno has stunk.  Say what you want, but there are rookies, and then there are bad rookies.  Geno has been a bad rookie.  Will he improve?  Who knows, but at this point, it doesn't look good.   And Winters is part of an OL that stinks.   

That's the thing, you have to actually build a winning team.  The Jets are the same team they've always been. Bad offense, decent defense, and hovering around that 8-8 record.    Maybe Idzik will pick differently next year, but looking at this team, it's become a long long term plan.  And they still don't have a QB.

The team should have swept the Pats, beat the high flying Saints, and split with the Bills which happens more often than not.  95% of you called this a 5-7 win team yet here we are at Thanksgiving still playing meaningful games.

The fact that the team is in contention despite Genos awful play and sub standard receivers is a testament to Rex' coaching prowess.  You say there's no magic formula yet are implying Idzik was supposed to get it done in 1 offseason while inheriting a dumpster fire on O. 

The irony is that you all would feel better about the team if they had gotten swept by the Pats and lost to the Saints but beat the Bills and rebuilding Ravens.  Personally I like seeing that we can beat the leagues elite on any given Sunday but to each his own.

Finally say what you will about Idziks signings but Colon has been solid, Ivory produces when holes are opened, and Barnes & Goodson are sorely missed.  We might not be getting shredded with long balls if Barnes was in the backfield disrupting QB's.

Sprinkle in some savvy signings like Nelson and Cribbs and drafting a beast in Richardson and you have a pretty good first year.  I can't wait to see what they do with the cap money and draft to address the O.  BoyITellya gonna be great stuff.

You're blind if you don't see the same garbage as we've seen the entire time Rex has been here. What makes you think the non competitive offense is going to get better? What makes you think a coach who is utterly clueless about offense and who's QB's have regressed without fail will change? Wishful thinking?

Back to back deep playoff runs and the most gratifying victory I've seen in 25+ years of watching this team in NE is garbage? 

The offense is atrocious but it will be addressed in the offseason.  I don't care if Rex isn't an offensive guru because he's a defensive mastermind.  Defense is pretty important ya know..  like half the team and stuff.

I'd rather have a master at one side of the ball than someone who's mediocre at both. 

FWIW, Steve Young and Namath both pointed the finger at Rex for the continued offensive struggles. Young cited the organizational philosophy as being so defense-heavy that it produces an offensive sinkhole, Namath cited a lack of discipline and a drafting philosophy that invested way too much into the defense.

And this is supposed to be ground breaking news?

Marty is fine.  He's got no players.  If we go 8-8, we won't have any next year, either.

Ever ride the tilt-a-whirl and your car won't spin?  Everybody else is getting a great ride, but you're is stuck in a rut.  Just a little bit lower or higher, and you could get momentum and spin.  You're in mediocrity hell.  I love this team, but that's the problem with the Jets.  Over time, they're the sh**ty car on the NFL's tilt-a-whirl that just won't spin.

Not so impressed with your grammar :)

Great coaches have their teams consistently finish the year stronger, regardless the talent. Rex's recent teams finish the year at a limp.

That sh*thead running the Giants has bombs at the end of almost every year yet had two SB runs.  Rex has already proven they can put it together at the end.  Most importantly, this isn't the end of the season.  It's the middle. 

I don't know about anyone else but im sick and tired of the WILDCAT being used here so often. Who decides this MM or Rex?

I hear ya, but the most productive plays in every game come from that formation, I think it's more of we have no better options then to call Wild Cat plays because of our sh*tty QB, and sh*tty offensive personal in general.

It's gotta be frustrating for MM to have to call run play after run play, and even more frustrating to watch his QB miss wide open receivers (either not throw it to them, wait to long to throw it, or under throw it). For a guy who is supposed to be mobile Geno has absolutely no clue of where to move in the pocket, or which way to bail to buy more time, if he ever learned how to properly navigate the pocket while keeping his eyes down field it wouldn't matter who was playing WR because someone will be wide open, secondaries can't cover receivers for ever, this is why Big Ben, R Wilson, and even guys like Favre make/made big plays down field, you don't have to be fast you just need to have that "Pocket Presence" neither Geno, or Sanchez has/had this, Geno still has time. From what I've seen from Simms is he isn't afraid of sitting in the pocket, and doesn't bail early like Geno, but he also doesn't bail early enough, and will get sacked, and probably a lot of strip sacks if given a chance to play, and/or carted off the field on a stretcher with all the hits he will take.

That sh*thead running the Giants has bombs at the end of almost every year yet had two SB runs.  Rex has already proven they can put it together at the end.  Most importantly, this isn't the end of the season.  It's the middle. 

It is funny that you should mention Coughlin and December games, because I consider the Giant game in December 2011, when Rex lost straight up to Coughlin's Giants, the crux point when confidence in Rex has waned.

Since that Giant game, Rex is 11-18 with the jets.

Marty is fine.  He's got no players.  If we go 8-8, we won't have any next year, either.

Ever ride the tilt-a-whirl and your car won't spin?  Everybody else is getting a great ride, but you're is stuck in a rut.  Just a little bit lower or higher, and you could get momentum and spin.  You're in mediocrity hell.  I love this team, but that's the problem with the Jets.  Over time, they're the sh**ty car on the NFL's tilt-a-whirl that just won't spin.

They are always around that 8-8 mark year after year.   Throw in a couple of terrible seasons,  picks like Gholston, and then a bunch of 8-8 seasons and you have what you have.    You never get that Andrew Luck pick because you're not bad enough, but you never win a division either.

The team should have swept the Pats, beat the high flying Saints, and split with the Bills which happens more often than not.  95% of you called this a 5-7 win team yet here we are at Thanksgiving still playing meaningful games.

The fact that the team is in contention despite Genos awful play and sub standard receivers is a testament to Rex' coaching prowess.  You say there's no magic formula yet are implying Idzik was supposed to get it done in 1 offseason while inheriting a dumpster fire on O. 

The irony is that you all would feel better about the team if they had gotten swept by the Pats and lost to the Saints but beat the Bills and rebuilding Ravens.  Personally I like seeing that we can beat the leagues elite on any given Sunday but to each his own.

Finally say what you will about Idziks signings but Colon has been solid, Ivory produces when holes are opened, and Barnes & Goodson are sorely missed.  We might not be getting shredded with long balls if Barnes was in the backfield disrupting QB's.

Sprinkle in some savvy signings like Nelson and Cribbs and drafting a beast in Richardson and you have a pretty good first year.  I can't wait to see what they do with the cap money and draft to address the O.  BoyITellya gonna be great stuff.

They could have lost to the Pats in the second game, they should have lost to the Bucs,  etc.    All this coulda shoulda isn't real.     They caught some breaks, and didn't catch some others.   They are a 5-6 team who has been blown out in like 4 of those losses.     And if they continue to play like they have lately,  this team will finish 6-10.  The Same as last year.  Not exactly improving.  Not exactly getting the top 2 picks in the draft.     So what are they doing?  Trying to be that 8-8 team that sneaks into the playoffs ?

You know they had the same problem under Herm.   He took over a relatively decent team,  won some games, even won a division title one year, won a playoff game, should have beaten the Steelers if their kicker could make a kick,  but the team never really improved.    They were always middle of the pack.     And then got worse.     Under Rex, he took over a 9-7 team,  made some nice moves, made the defense better,  took the team to two AFC Championship games,  but they've gotten worse ever since.   If this team continues to play like crap down the stretch,  the Jets will have essentially been a team who sniffs the playoffs the past 3 years, but winds up not making it and not ever really improving.

This season compared to last, the defense has improved on the line, stinks in the secondary.   The Offense has gotten even worse and that is hard to believe considering they drafted an OL, they signed a TE, and brought in a few RBs.       But why should anybody believe the team will improve the offense in the offseason?   Everybody assumed they would have done that the past offseason.     Instead they put a rookie QB out with a bunch of practice squad players.    How's that supposed to work out?

Back to back deep playoff runs and the most gratifying victory I've seen in 25+ years of watching this team in NE is garbage? 

The offense is atrocious but it will be addressed in the offseason.  I don't care if Rex isn't an offensive guru because he's a defensive mastermind.  Defense is pretty important ya know..  like half the team and stuff.

I'd rather have a master at one side of the ball than someone who's mediocre at both. 

Is that like how they addressed the offense after the last 3 years of a noncompetitive offense? When you have a coach who is completely detached from his offense and clueless as to what to do when the offense struggles this is what you're going to get. 

Pac getting punk-bitch-smacked by Pedro55>>>>>>>>>>

haha...  his posts are riddled with hypocrisy and twisted logic.

He theorized in the summer we'd be a 6 win team and is now castigating them even though they've exceeded his expectations.  That silly way of thinking is littered throughout the board.

No one said they'd be a playoff contender let alone making a deep playoff run. 

If I'm forced to watch Legally Blonde 2 I'm expecting it to suck.  Why would I be pissed while the credits are rolling if it fulfilled my expectations?

Is that like how they addressed the offense after the last 3 years of a noncompetitive offense? When you have a coach who is completely detached from his offense and clueless as to what to do when the offense struggles this is what you're going to get.

They addressed the offense..  just did a poor job of it.

Idzik drafted lineman on both sides and is building from the inside out -- as he should.  I fully expect phase 2 to take place this offseason where the skill positions are aggressively addressed.

I always thought it was because I was twice the weight as everyone else. Good to know Jerry. Good to Know.

haha...  his posts are riddled with hypocrisy and twisted logic.

He theorized in the summer we'd be a 6 win team and is now castigating them even though they've exceeded his expectations.  That silly way of thinking is littered throughout the board.

No one said they'd be a playoff contender let alone making a deep playoff run. 

If I'm forced to watch Legally Blonde 2 I'm expecting it to suck.  Why would I be pissed while the credits are rolling if it fulfilled my expectations?

Man, if we finish 6-10, I'm gonna be doing a lot of necroing.

Archived