Rex supporters unite

stoicsentry

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you figure?

I shouldn't say stronger, but how would it be worse?  Maybe Revis instead of Richardson?  What the hell else did they add that is helping?  Hell if they simply went with no viable QB, Sanchez likely doesn't get hurt and they are upgraded.  Too much conjecture I know, but... We will find out if Idzik is any good this offseason.  Last year was a gimme and Tannenbaum was fired more due to fear he would mortgage the future than put a worse product on the field this year.

I think one of the biggest problems is that the Jets keep hiring numbers guys while personnel guys are needed. 

There is no breed of human more full of sh*t in this world than pure corporate men. They speak in clichés and buzzwords and the only thing they really understand is that stuff needs to fit nicely into a cell on a spread sheet. 

Woody Johnson.

I honestly don't know why you're so worked up. I don't know anything about pediatric medicine. Currently, I'm battling prostatitis which is causing my dick to feel like someone is stepping on it and my doctor won't give me any Percocet because my heart rate is elevated because my dick feels like someone is stepping on it, so, yeah, **** your field.

I'm only seemingly worked up, because I used to love posting on this board and while I usually enjoy your snark-filled posts, a lot of the newer posters don't seem to be able to combine your style of sarcasm with an actual grasp of the english language and it's become unbearable to read threads on here. We have people clamoring for guys who have been out of football for almost the whole season as if he's the Messiah and others who are making fun of people's mothers because they don't like the draft choice they mentioned...whom, they have never actually even seen play.  It's become a microcosm of everything I hate about football forums. 

On a serious note: Sorry to hear that man, I've seen how unbearable that can be and how seeing doctor after doctor who can't help just adds to the problem. For what it's worth and maybe it might only seem anecdotal, but I've seen Percocet used extremely frequently in treating prostatitis and I've never heard of a slightly elevated HR being a contraindication towards using it. The most common negative associated with it's use that I've encountered, is that it causes terrible urinary retention, without ever getting rid of the urgency to go...add that to the list of things f*cking with your mind. In all honesty, I've heard this can drastically alter one's quality of life, I'd def recommend getting a second opinion on a mild opioid for the pain if it's that bad. Even if it's your long time GP denying you, there's no reason you shouldn't get a second or third opinion. One of the biggest problems in medicine is doctors not being able to say I Don't Know or admitting someone else may know better about that. Seriously though man, best of luck with that. 

I'm only seemingly worked up, because I used to love posting on this board and while I usually enjoy your snark-filled posts, a lot of the newer posters don't seem to be able to combine your style of sarcasm with an actual grasp of the english language and it's become unbearable to read threads on here. We have people clamoring for guys who have been out of football for almost the whole season as if he's the Messiah and others who are making fun of people's mothers because they don't like the draft choice they mentioned...whom, they have never actually even seen play. It's become a microcosm of everything I hate about football forums.

On a serious note: Sorry to hear that man, I've seen how unbearable that can be and how seeing doctor after doctor who can't help just adds to the problem. For what it's worth and maybe it might only seem anecdotal, but I've seen Percocet used extremely frequently in treating prostatitis and I've never heard of a slightly elevated HR being a contraindication towards using it. The most common negative associated with it's use that I've encountered, is that it causes terrible urinary retention, without ever getting rid of the urgency to go...add that to the list of things f*cking with your mind. In all honesty, I've heard this can drastically alter one's quality of life, I'd def recommend getting a second opinion on a mild opioid for the pain if it's that bad. Even if it's your long time GP denying you, there's no reason you shouldn't get a second or third opinion. One of the biggest problems in medicine is doctors not being able to say I Don't Know or admitting someone else may know better about that. Seriously though man, best of luck with that.

Thank you for the advice, and I'll definitely follow it.

Don't give up on this place. It's cyclical as far as poster traffic goes. I was just mentioning to dbuttman that it's a shame you haven't been around more. I know my snarkiness can appear personal, mean, overbearing, and condescending, but I never mean it. I generally like everyone who posts here and I never mean to disrespect anyone even if I violently disagree with them.

Don't give up on this place. It's cyclical as far as poster traffic goes. I was just mentioning to dbuttman that it's a shame you haven't been around more. I know my snarkiness can appear personal, mean, overbearing, and condescending, but I never mean it. I generally like everyone who posts here and I never mean to disrespect anyone even if I violently disagree with them.

Apology accepted

If Rex gets to 8-8 with this crapfest of roster, keep him because that's a hell of coaching job. But my heart tells me he ain't winning another game and if that happens he needs to go.

He is going to win two more games, raiders are horrible and so are the browns .

Still should not be kept.

TomShane is no more.  We have T0mShane now.  A man so intelligent he not only forgot his password, he could not figure out how to press the "I've forgotten my password" link. 

Good to know, that other one was unbearable.

Tom Shane scaring people away- that is usually the women Raffy

I've been called worse.

:sign0103-1:

:winking0001:

Currently, I'm battling prostatitis which is causing my dick to feel like someone is stepping on it and my doctor won't give me any Percocet because my heart rate is elevated because my dick feels like someone is stepping on it, so, yeah, **** your field.

I'm glad his dick hurts

You're glad for dick, period.

Now this, this is what I miss. 

If Rex gets to 8-8 with this crapfest of roster, keep him because that's a hell of coaching job.  But my heart tells me he ain't winning another game and if that happens he needs to go.

Is there another Job out there like the one REX has? I mean, if he wins (which according to his record, he does about 50% of the time), he is a genious because he has a "crapfest of a roster" and if he loses (which he does about 50% of the time), then he gets a pass because he has a "crapfest of a roster"?

Why would Rex ever want to have what is perceived as a great roster, and then go 6-10 and get whacked?

Ive got to find me a gig like the one Rex has now, ITS PERFECT.

Kubiak, the offensive genius, got 8 years with a very talented roster and Rex should be gone after 5 with this craptastic roster sealing his fate?  Give me consistency.

1 word, Ok 2 Franchise QB. or is that 3? His best QB was Matt Schaub? Adios amigo, and so far Rex's best has been egads, Mark Sanchez, adios amigo.

Is there another Job out there like the one REX has? I mean, if he wins (which according to his record, he does about 50% of the time), he is a genious because he has a "crapfest of a roster" and if he loses (which he does about 50% of the time), then he gets a pass because he has a "crapfest of a roster"?

Why would Rex ever want to have what is perceived as a great roster, and then go 6-10 and get whacked?

Ive got to find me a gig like the one Rex has now, ITS PERFECT.

before the season started, did you really think this team was championship caliber? 

before the season started, did you really think this team was championship caliber? 

Absolutely not, and that is one of my problems with Rex. It may be championship caliber on one side of the ball, but the other side is borderline Big Sky conference.

Really, How long are Rex supporters willing to wait for a functional offense? And wasnt the offense he had in 09/10 (which wasnt really very good) inherited from the previous regime (except of course for Sanchez). I just have completely lost confidence in his ability to ever field an NFL caliber offense.

Are we wiiling to extend him , and risk seeing this pathetic output on the offensive side of the ball another 3 years? Sorry, but their is no way I take that risk. They took a risk with Sanchez and it was a disaster. Sorry, but thats just how I feel.

The three biggest issues I have with Rex is:

1. The inability to "un-buddy" with the players and bench old guys who can no longer play at the required level

2. Lost the swagger - but I suppose getting your ass kicked does that, and

3. Not keeping the team focused - i.e. Dave and Busters

The three biggest issues I have with Rex is:

1. The inability to "un-buddy" with the players and bench old guys who can no longer play at the required level

2. Lost the swagger - but I suppose getting your ass kicked does that, and

3. Not keeping the team focused - i.e. Dave and Busters

OK, lets do the pluses and minuses, as put up by most posters:

Pluses:

1. Great D-coordinator

2. Players coach/players love to play for him

3. Motivates

4. Develops great D-talent

Minuses

1. Cant spell offense

2. Is loyal to a fault

3. Could never develop Offensive talent and especailly a franchise QB

4. Awful game manager/Clock manager.Time out manager

5. Challenges are awful

So basically you get a 50/50 guy who's record so indicates a .500 record. Is this worth extending? If you like mediocrity, definitely but if you want this franchise to advance to the next level, I say no. Comments?

OK, lets do the pluses and minuses, as put up by most posters:

Pluses:

1. Great D-coordinator

2. Players coach/players love to play for him

3. Motivates

4. Develops great D-talent

Minuses

1. Cant spell offense

2. Is loyal to a fault

3. Could never develop Offensive talent and especailly a franchise QB

4. Awful game manager/Clock manager.Time out manager

5. Challenges are awful

So basically you get a 50/50 guy who's record so indicates a .500 record. Is this worth extending? If you like mediocrity, definitely but if you want this franchise to advance to the next level, I say no. Comments?

What is the evidence for pluses 2, 3, & 4?

Any other coach with this crappy offense roster would be 2 and 11..this offense has zero play makers .. sure he has his faults, most have been stated in prior posts. the front office must be held accountable. building a good young defense  is a start now draft offense playmakers then get out of this cap hell and add some better free agent personnel,  then if he fails at least he won't have any excuses.  i expected this team to be even worse so winning at least five and maybe even seven would be a pleasant surprise. we can not continue to fire our coaches every five years it will continue to doom us.. 44 years is a longtime to wait

Archived