Garrard says Jets want him to return in 2014

FloridaJetsFan

If you think keeping Garrard would prohibit them from drafting a stud qb you're nuts.

It doesn't. But if the other QBs are struggling, it's absurd to use a spot on a guy who can't step on the field.

They might as well put Joe Namath on the roster as our third QB. No difference from Garrard at this point. Except Namath was actually good when he was in his prime.

It's nice to have a GM who isn't a total sh*theel, but "Once a Jet, always a Jet" is something you say to Muhammad Wilkerson, not David Garrard. The ideal QB situation for 2014 (and by that I mean the best we can hope for) is [veteran who can actually play] + [rookie] + [Geno]. If Garrard can't play, he shouldn't be here.

It's nice to have a GM who isn't a total sh*theel, but "Once a Jet, always a Jet" is something you say to Muhammad Wilkerson, not David Garrard. The ideal QB situation for 2014 (and by that I mean the best we can hope for) is [veteran who can actually play] + [rookie] + [Geno]. If Garrard can't play, he shouldn't be here.

+1

Greatest Jets catastrophes ever:

1. When Bill Parcells called Archie Manning to tell him that Peyton sucks and should go back to Tennessee because he sucked.

2. Drafting Ken O'Brien because Dan Marino showed up to the Combine with Colombian marching powder in his mustache.

3. Letting cocaine (again!) scare Rich Kotite into drafting Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp.

4. John Idzik asking David Garrard what his future plans are.

5. Parcells suffocating Leon Hess in his sleep so he could sneak off to Dallas.

Hey troll - you can attempt to soften the implication all you want, but it absolutely does give insight to management's "vision" of the roster next year, atheir you want to defend the FO talking about bringing this waste of a roster spot back, then you might possibly be more intellectually challenged than most people on this board already believe you are. Also, sorry about your dick - I've never said that before ...

Mark Brunnell Chapter 2. No thanks.

Somebody is going to sign away Simms and his arm and find out if he's a player while the Jets diddle themselves over an old worthless guy. Good luck with that.

Would say this franchise is run top to bottom by morons and idiots, but that would insult morons and idiots. We have run out of negative superlatives to describe the degree of mismanagement here. Please tell me there is at least gin and vodka in the watercooler and meth and smack are served with lunch. At least we would have a rational explanation.

Hey troll - you can attempt to soften the implication all you want, but it absolutely does give insight to management's "vision" of the roster next year, atheir you want to defend the FO talking about bringing this waste of a roster spot back, then you might possibly be more intellectually challenged than most people on this board already believe you are. Also, sorry about your dick - I've never said that before ...

1. Garrard never said that Idzik, or any front office personnel, approached him. He said it was "the Jets." David Lee? Mornhinweg? Rex? Nobody knows. I highly doubt John Idzik is using the phrase "once a Jet, always a Jet" with anybody. Sounds like some idiotic sh*t that Rex would say.

2. At worst, "the Jets" are gauging whether or not Garrard is even making himself eligible to play next year. If Idzik wanted him back next season, he could hand him a minimum contract today and be done with it.

Mark Brunnell Chapter 2. No thanks.

Somebody is going to sign away Simms and his arm and find out if he's a player while the Jets diddle themselves over an old worthless guy. Good luck with that.

Would say this franchise is run top to bottom by morons and idiots, but that would insult morons and idiots. We have run out of negative superlatives to describe the degree of mismanagement here. Please tell me there is at least gin and vodka in the watercooler and meth and smack are served with lunch. At least we would have a rational explanation.

In all honesty, I have no idea what Simms has or who he is. Which is a reflection of Ryan. When it was official that Smith is not the guy and that he would have to show vast improvement to become terrible, Simms should have taken the reign and not when the season is already over and most players simply quit. I am so down on Ryan because of constant bonehead decisions. The definition of insanity? Ryan is it.

1. Garrard never said that Idzik, or any front office personnel, approached him. He said it was "the Jets." David Lee? Mornhinweg? Rex? Nobody knows. I highly doubt John Idzik is using the phrase "once a Jet, always a Jet" with anybody. Sounds like some idiotic sh*t that Rex would say.

I rescind my earlier comments, as this is an excellent point (especially the part about Rex).

WTF Idzik?

David Garrard says Jets asked about returning in 2014

We know one veteran quarterback who the New York Jets want back for 2014: David Garrard.

The signal caller told the New York Post's Bart Hubbuch that the Jets approached him two weeks ago about returning next season.

Garrard signed with the Jets as a free agent in March, but he left the team two months later because of recurring knee issues. The team brought him back in October after he started feeling healthy.

Presumably, the Jets like the mentoring job Garrard is doing with rookie quarterback Geno Smith.

The 35-year-old said he was undecided about returning to New York. Garrard told Hubbuch that he appreciates the Jets bringing him back this season, but he wants to play and understands that it's "Geno's team."

The 10-year NFL vet said he's healthier now than he's been over the past several seasons and wants a shot to play regularly. We have a hard time believing a team would give the aging veteran a chance to run a team again, healthy or not. However, he could be a great mentor for a young quarterback like Smith. Many hand-holding veteran quarterbacks have picked up a nice paycheck for several years after the NFL threw them to the sidelines.

Shoot if the Jets are just GIVING AWAY millions of dollars sign me up. I have probably had fewer knee injuries than Garrard and I am more mobile. Think about it John Idzik.

In all honesty, I have no idea what Simms has or who he is. Which is a reflection of Ryan. When it was official that Smith is not the guy and that he would have to show vast improvement to become terrible, Simms should have taken the reign and not when the season is already over and most players simply quit. I am so down on Ryan because of constant bonehead decisions. The definition of insanity? Ryan is it.

And hopefully the insanity will end in four weeks time.

2. At worst, "the Jets" are gauging whether or not Garrard is even making himself eligible to play next year. If Idzik wanted him back next season, he could hand him a minimum contract today and be done with it.

True. I accept your apology.

Archived