Top "available" QB's by DVOA (math is for nerdgheys)

Jetsfan80

Anyone of interest?

[NOTE:  3 years of data used, when available]

1.  Josh McCown (UFA):  31.7%

* 2013 data only.... - 40.6 % in 2011 (under 99 throws)

2.  Jason Campbell (under contract):  9.8 %

* 2011 and 2013 data used.... - 50.2 % in 2012 (under 99 throws).

3.  Matt Schaub (under contract):  7.3 %

4.  Matt Hasselbeck (under contract):  6.9 %

* 2011 and 2012 data used....Has only thrown 8 passes in '13

5.  Jay Cutler (UFA):  - 2.8 %

6.  Michael Vick (UFA):  - 3.4 %

7.  Ryan Fitzpatrick (under contract):  - 5.7 %

8.  Kellen Clemens (UFA):  - 11.8 %

* 2011 and 2013 data used....Not a significant number of throws in 2012

9.  Kirk Cousins (under contract):  - 13.4 %

* Under 99 throws in both '12 and '13

10.  Chad Henne (UFA):  - 14.7 %

11.  Matt Cassel (UFA):  - 15.7%

12.  Christian Ponder (under contract):  - 16.9 %

13.  Josh Freeman (UFA):  - 19.0 %

14.  Matt Flynn (UFA):  - 26.1 %

15.  Brandon Weeden (under contract):  - 27.7 %

16.  Terrelle Pryor (under contract):  - 41.5 %

* - 9.1 % in '12, under 99 throws

so the 2 guys with enough of a sample size and a positive rating are under contract

cool

Schaub is due to make $14.5M next season, $17M in 2015, and $19M in 2016.  That almost rivals Sanchez's contract extension for stupidity.  That being said, I think Schaub has value.

Because I think you can keep Mornhinweg if you hire Bevell, and Mornhinweg likes Vick. Vick assumes the Garrard mentor role.

Michael Vick would make a horrible mentor.  If you're bringing him in, you're bringing him in to start.  Especially for the kind of coin he'll command even at his age.

Michael Vick would make a horrible mentor. If you're bringing him in, you're bringing him in to start. Especially for the kind of coin he'll command even at his age.

Vick hasn't made a peep about not starting in Philly and has supposedly been a great help to Foles. Who, exactly, is going to give Vick a starting job and "coin"?

Schaub is due to make $14.5M next season, $17M in 2015, and $19M in 2016.  That almost rivals Sanchez's contract extension for stupidity.  That being said, I think Schaub has value.

Then you don't watch much of the Texans, Matt Schaub is a worse QB than Mark Sanchez!

schaub makes pennington look like favre.  he is the checkdown king

if he can't make it work with andre 3000 and daniels and foster, do not want

Looking at that list I didn't see but one or two QB's the Jets should make a pitch for, Cutler - who won't see free agency - and Cousins who I hope the Jets make a MAJOR run at. I would be a lot happier with the Jets QB situation with Smith having to compete with Cousins for the job. Also, I hope the Jets keep Matt Simms and give him a TRUE SHOT at the job.

I know I'm going to get beat up for this, but I would bring in Josh Freeman.

I really liked the kid in the 09 draft, but the Jets traded up for Sanchez.

In 09 freeman had a rookie like year,  

In 2010 I said "OH crap, the Jets missed out on another great QB"  He looked like he was going to be a stud.  

62% completion , 3,451 yards, 25 TD's 6 interceptions,  He really looked like he was going to be a good one.

2011 not so good, but not horrible.  The Bucs were a bad team, he ha 16 TD's and 22 pics, but still was 62% completion

In 2012 he had a bounce back season and looked very good again. 4,065 yards,  27 TD's 17 picks.  playing for the biggest A hole in the NFL

2013 has been a disaster for him.   IMO the HC  got to him and the kid fell apart.  The leaked "failed drug test"  Then the info was released that he had some kind of personality disorder, and released.

Picked up by the Vikes, and IMO unwisely started against the Giants I think with very lil preparation, was horrible, received a concussion, and forgotten about.

I don't know what's going on with this personality disorder thing, but the kid really doesn't have bad #'s over his career.  Think he is going to be very cheap, and well worth taking a flyer on to compete against Smith next year in camp.  

He'll be motivated with a full camp in the system knowing his career is on the line.  If he sucks, oh well.  IMO he has a very high upside in the right situation, and the right price making it feasible 

Looking at that list I didn't see but one or two QB's the Jets should make a pitch for, Cutler - who won't see free agency - and Cousins who I hope the Jets make a MAJOR run at. I would be a lot happier with the Jets QB situation with Smith having to compete with Cousins for the job. Also, I hope the Jets keep Matt Simms and give him a TRUE SHOT at the job.

Smith has more TD's in one one season than Kirk Cousins has in 2 and that's your answer LOL. It figures

I know I'm going to get beat up for this, but I would bring in Josh Freeman.

I really liked the kid in the 09 draft, but the Jets traded up for Sanchez.

In 09 freeman had a rookie like year,  

In 2010 I said "OH crap, the Jets missed out on another great QB"  He looked like he was going to be a stud.  

62% completion , 3,451 yards, 25 TD's 6 interceptions,  He really looked like he was going to be a good one.

2011 not so good, but not horrible.  The Bucs were a bad team, he ha 16 TD's and 22 pics, but still was 62% completion

In 2012 he had a bounce back season and looked very good again. 4,065 yards,  27 TD's 17 picks.  playing for the biggest A hole in the NFL

2013 has been a disaster for him.   IMO the HC  got to him and the kid fell apart.  The leaked "failed drug test"  Then the info was released that he had some kind of personality disorder, and released.

Picked up by the Vikes, and IMO unwisely started against the Giants I think with very lil preparation, was horrible, received a concussion, and forgotten about.

I don't know what's going on with this personality disorder thing, but the kid really doesn't have bad #'s over his career.  Think he is going to be very cheap, and well worth taking a flyer on to compete against Smith next year in camp.  

He'll be motivated with a full camp in the system knowing his career is on the line.  If he sucks, oh well.  IMO he has a very high upside in the right situation, and the right price making it feasible

Longshot at best, I would say.

Longshot at best, I would say.

You may be right, but the kid has performed at a very high level in both 2010 and 2012.  IMO he has some emotional issues, that may or may not be overcome.  He is as good a prospect as most of the QB's in this draft if he gets his stuff together.  he's actually performed at the NFL level

Not saying to put all the eggs in his basket, but I think he would be very good competition for Smith next year. at a cheap price.  If he busts out, no lose

The Jets should just draft another QB , stay away from the FA QB , I do not want a another Brett Fare

Yes and no. Yes, the Jets should absolutely draft a QB, and I am even advocating for using some of our picks to move up if neccessary, BUT if they do not do this for some unfathomable reason (I mean just drafting a QB, not even have to move up), then you better get yourself one of the top FA QBs, because another year of Smith, Sanchez, Simms Garrard or any combination thereof, would be worse than having root canal performed by your mother-in-law.

Yes and no. Yes, the Jets should absolutely draft a QB, and I am even advocating for using some of our picks to move up if neccessary, BUT if they do not do this for some unfathomable reason (I mean just drafting a QB, not even have to move up), then you better get yourself one of the top FA QBs, because another year of Smith, Sanchez, Simms Garrard or any combination thereof, would be worse than having root canal performed by your mother-in-law.

To spend top money on a FA QB  is a waste on cap money ,the playmakers and a QB ,CB , Ol ,LB , the Jets need more than a QB to be a top team  

Because I think you can keep Mornhinweg if you hire Bevell, and Mornhinweg likes Vick. Vick assumes the Garrard mentor role.

By that role you mean someone that is always inactive but gets to hang out and feel important during the week?

Archived