Rex for how long?

NCJETSFAN

Before I say keep or fire Rex the most important ? Is how long of an extension cause if its a one year deal I could keep him and see if the team grows but if it's a 3 year deal I'm not sure I want something that long! His offensive knowledge is just deplorable !! It's been at least 2-3 years of haveing a lack of offense and that's on Rex !

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smart money says yes.  Then they will announce the new coach a month later after their first two choices go to coach other team. SOJ

Offense is the way to go. Jets cannot compete with the 30th ranked offense no matter how good the defense is.

Darrel Bevel is the guy. He developed Wilson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darrell_Bevell

Thoughts on selecting Wilson, Pete Carroll stated, "It was Bevell's project". In training camp the quarterback competition was thinned out between two, after Jackson was traded to the Buffalo Bills. In 2012, the Seahawks named Wilson the starting quarterback for the season. The Seahawks finished the season with an 11-5 record, and took 2nd within the NFC West eventually losing in the Divisional round in the playoffs. In Bevell's second year with the Seahawks, offensively they were 17th in the league which was a improvement from the last season. In rushing the Seahawks were 3rd in league, previously being 21st in 2011, accumulating 2,579 yards and averaging 161.2 yards on the ground. In, 2013 the Seahawks started the season 4-0, and currently are 11-1. Bevell's rushing offense is currently 3rd in the league with 1,754 yards and averaging 146.2 yards per game. Overall in total offense, Bevell's team is currently 11th in the league with producing 364.6 yards per game. In two seasons, Wilson under Bevell's offense has accumulated a QB rating of 103.7, and a completion rating of 64.5pct.

Offense is the way to go. Jets cannot compete with the 30th ranked offense no matter how good the defense is.

WOW, 11th ranked OFFENSE and the QB had a rating of about 103. Please get this guy, and get him a QB he can work with.

The only time the JETS have QB with ratings over 100 under REX is when you add all 3 QB's ratings together. 

The Jets will hold a press conference on Monday to say good bye to Rex.

Just like Jets hated Schotty.

Bevell was hired as Seattle OC Jan 2011 and will likely be playing in the Super Bowl Feb 2014.

No you werent.

Sanchez sucked the life out of franchise.

Congrats for making the conversion to Jets fan.  You fit right in here.

Go ask any NFL fan about the Buttfumble.

You're right. Schotty is excellent. I loved being in 3rd and 7 situations and he'd call a run play. IT WAS FANTASTIC, gaining those 4 yards and never getting the first down. Great OC. Terrific.

You're right. Schotty is excellent. I loved being in 3rd and 7 situations and he'd call a run play. IT WAS FANTASTIC, gaining those 4 yards and never getting the first down. Great OC. Terrific.

This is actually a Jets' tradition dating back to Joe Walton. One that a guy like Darrell Bevell won't have any difficulty maintaining.

The Pats do the same thing.

Fire McDaniels. Schotty probably was afraid to let Sanchez throw an INT or a pick 6.

But you forget about those 5 yard short passes that ONLY left us 2 yards short. :winking0001:

Archived