Tebow

TuscanyTile2

I still think he should've gone to Canada. The wide open field up there is perfect for his game.

That said, the Jags are in the same boat regarding Tebow as any other team in the league - except it's 100x worse. As soon as he was signed, Tebow's army would be out in force. They'd be all over the radio down there. They'd put up billboards. They'd bombard training camp. And no amount of evidence that Tebow still can't play at an NFL level will dissuade them. Then the Jags are in a position of starting a bad QB, or facing the backlash of the community.

I don't think they'll do it.

Those same people will buy jersey's and fill the stadium for every home game as well.  That's something they sorta need down there. Yet, pretty sure beer sales may go down a bit.  LOL

As someone who lives in Jacksonville and is around Jags fans and even went to two Jags games this season, I can tell you there is very little clamor for Tebow in this town. Of course there are some rabid very vocal Tebow lovers (I work with one and the guy literally goes into a tizzy at the mere mention of Tebow's name, it's hysterically funny) but the majority of Jags fans don't want him. 

A group of Tebow lovers tried to stage a rally outside the stadium during the season and so few people showed up they were actually outnumbered by the media. 

That may be true but I would dare guess it's more than anywhere else in the country.  Plus how often do Tebow fans buy anchors?  If you worked in a Christian bookstore then we could talk.  LOL

That may be true but I would dare guess it's more than anywhere else in the country.  Plus how often do Tebow fans buy anchors?  If you worked in a Christian bookstore then we could talk.  LOL

You've got to understand that the Jags fanbase is pretty evenly split among Florida, Florida State and Georgia fans. The FSU and Georgia fans hate Tebow. It's only the Gators like JiF who love him so blindly and even among them, he has detractors or people who are just plain sick of him. 

You've got to understand that the Jags fanbase is pretty evenly split among Florida, Florida State and Georgia fans. The FSU and Georgia fans hate Tebow. It's only the Gators like JiF who love him so blindly and even among them, he has detractors or people who are just plain sick of him. 

I know plenty of FSU and UGA fans who are Jags who wanted Tebow for the simple reason of creating excitement around a very boring team. 

A lot of Christians down Sotuh.  Nuff said!!

LOL

I don't want to see Tebow within a 100 miles of the Jets, but I'm confused.  What does his being a Christian have to do with his taking his shirt off in the rain?

LOL

I don't want to see Tebow within a 100 miles of the Jets, but I'm confused.  What does his being a Christian have to do with his taking his shirt off in the rain?

The bible says over and over to be humble, don't flaunt your body like Dennis Rodman or other fools who see a camera and rip their shirt off,

it is a very un christian thing to do,  Joel Osteen would not do it because as a christian you want to set an image, maybe he should streak during

half time of the superbowl, it would be different if he was on the beach running, and someone caught him and took a pic.

The bible says over and over to be humble, don't flaunt your body like Dennis Rodman or other fools who see a camera and rip their shirt off,

it is a very un christian thing to do,  Joel Osteen would not do it because as a christian you want to set an image, maybe he should streak during

half time of the superbowl, it would be different if he was on the beach running, and someone caught him and took a pic.

Dennis Rodman is in the bible?

How did he create it?

How did he create it?

He created his christian image with his end zone prayer, his shirt antics, his manipulation of the media,

he is a contradiction in many ways, christians are supposed to be self evasive - let god shine, not the

individual a$$hole that is tim tebow.  

He created his christian image with his end zone prayer, his shirt antics, his manipulation of the media,

he is a contradiction in many ways, christians are supposed to be self evasive - let god shine, not the

individual a$$hole that is tim tebow.

Yeah, and not judgmental, either!

I know plenty of FSU and UGA fans who are Jags who wanted Tebow for the simple reason of creating excitement around a very boring team. 

Would they be willing to PASS on a QB this year in the hopes of getting the Florida Golden Boy? Jamies Winston.

I dont know if the fanbase (which is pretty pathetic, the way they support that team), the GM, and that crazy owner, could possibly pass on a QB this year, have another awful season, but be rewarded with Winston.

Your the Florida guy, what do you think?

Would they be willing to PASS on a QB this year in the hopes of getting the Florida Golden Boy? Jamies Winston.

I dont know if the fanbase (which is pretty pathetic, the way they support that team), the GM, and that crazy owner, could possibly pass on a QB this year, have another awful season, but be rewarded with Winston.

Your the Florida guy, what do you think?

I dont know.  Caldwell did say they werent dead set on taking a QB this year.

And you'd be very surprised at how well Jax supports that team, for such a sh*tty product, they've got some very dedicated loyal fans.  Not sure whats crazy about the owner...but yeah, maybe, though I'm starting to second guess Winston.  Was not impressed with him at all in the National Champ game. 

This story reminds me of the Pennington era. Remember how every offseason there would be an article about Chad taking karate classes, or some other weird training regimen, to build arm strength?  Then when the season started, we'd see the same wounded ducks being tossed in games.

I dont know.  Caldwell did say they werent dead set on taking a QB this year.

And you'd be very surprised at how well Jax supports that team, for such a sh*tty product, they've got some very dedicated loyal fans.  Not sure whats crazy about the owner...but yeah, maybe, though I'm starting to second guess Winston.  Was not impressed with him at all in the National Champ game. 

Dude, come on, he's just a freshman. He was given the keys to one of the top programs in America. He aint perfect but for a young immature kid, to take his team to the championship, and complete that last second pass, well, I can cut him a little slack for maybe not being great in the biggest game of his life.

I love the way he throws the ball, great release, and he has so much confidence. I still think right now, he is consensus #1 next year. Hey, If Jacksonville doesnt want to wait for a QB, and the JETS do, then maybe we can grab him next year instead.

Dude, come on, he's just a freshman. He was given the keys to one of the top programs in America. He aint perfect but for a young immature kid, to take his team to the championship, and complete that last second pass, well, I can cut him a little slack for maybe not being great in the biggest game of his life.

I love the way he throws the ball, great release, and he has so much confidence. I still think right now, he is consensus #1 next year. Hey, If Jacksonville doesnt want to wait for a QB, and the JETS do, then maybe we can grab him next year instead.

I'm thinking Jemarcus Russell right now...clearly that can change.

Archived