Wilkerson

Cro

Kerley

Howard

Pace

Douzable

Folk

Lankster

Cumberland- this one is highly debatable for me. If either Pettigrew or Gresham are there for right price, wouldn't mind them.

Bellore

McIntyre

Walls

Signings

TJ Ward- this would be huge

James Jones, my favorite, doesn't get a lot of love on here. Or Maclin, don't want Decker.

G. Schwartz or Beadles

Draft

1-Ebron

2-j. Mathews

3- purifoy cb or attaochu lb

3-garrapo qb

4-a. Axum s

4-d Thomas or archer rb

Big thing is if u prefer Ebron and Mathews over marquise lee and Austin Sefarian-Jenkins. It's a toss up for me, but I lean to the Ebron side.

Also would love to see Tre mason fall to the 4th, but it seems like he's rocketing up the boards.

J. Matthews as in Jake Mathews? In round 2 ? Not gonna happen. Would love TJ Ward signing though..

WR Jordan Matthews Vanderbilt.

Had a quiet Senior Bowl... Might even last to the 3rd. Combine 40 will be HUGE for deciding when he goes

I think the best highly unlikely dream draft is...

1. Mike Evans WR, Texas A&M

2. Brandin Cooks WR, Oregon State

3. Troy Niklas TE, Notre Dame

3. Jimmie Ward S, Northern Illinois  

4. Kareem Carey RB, Arizona 

5. Jimmy Garoppolo QB, E Illinois   

6. Chris Watt OG, Notre Dame

7. Jemea Thomas S, Georgia Tech

more than half those guys could end up in the first round but it's January so lets dream!

hmmm...but that said, none could end up in the first round.

I'm just hoping they get a stud WR, TE, OG, OT, S and CB.

Don't forget Rush OLB. Barr (1st), Mack(1st), Ford(maybe lasts to mid 2nd after Senior Bowl MVP), Hubbard (Maybe we can grab w/ one of the 3rd rd. picks)

more than half those guys could end up in the first round but it's January so lets dream!

I could live with that if they get a starting OG and depth in FA

As soon as people realize this draft is not as QB rich as people are saying, no chance Garoppolo makes it past the 2nd round.  But I admire and respect you.

WR Jordan Matthews Vanderbilt.

Had a quiet Senior Bowl... Might even last to the 3rd. Combine 40 will be HUGE for deciding when he goes

Oh wow I should've realized that, he's a nice piece I wouldn't mind him in round 2 but would much rather him falling to us in round 3!

As soon as people realize this draft is not as QB rich as people are saying, no chance Garoppolo makes it past the 2nd round.  But I admire and respect you.

I totally agree. Like I said, half those guys could end up 1st rounders and more likely than not, guys like Niklas, Ward, Carey as well as Garoppolo could all be gone by the end of the second.  Some could drop big too. Still so early.

Also agree about the QB crop but to be fair that was early fall 2013 talk when the potential for the class was what was so outrageous...Mariota, Hundley Petty, Mannion, Miller staying changed the dynamic a bit. 

I totally agree. Like I said, half those guys could end up 1st rounders and more likely than not, guys like Niklas, Ward, Carey as well as Garoppolo could all be gone by the end of the second.  Some could drop big too. Still so early.

Also agree about the QB crop but to be fair that was early fall 2013 talk when the potential for the class was what was so outrageous...Mariota, Hundley Petty, Mannion, Miller staying changed the dynamic a bit. 

Granted, but what happened to guys like Tajh Boyd and Derek Carr?  Their stocks have dropped.  Blake Bortles is a question mark.  Mettenberger got hurt.  Even if you'd told draft experts that Mariota and Hundley were going to end up going back to school they still would have called this, potentially, a great QB class.  Not so much anymore.

Granted, but what happened to guys like Tajh Boyd and Derek Carr?  Their stocks have dropped.  Blake Bortles is a question mark.  Mettenberger got hurt.  Even if you'd told draft experts that Mariota and Hundley were going to end up going back to school they still would have called this, potentially, a great QB class.  Not so much anymore.

The one guy everyone is forgetting about is Aaron Murray. 

They (the scouts) don't like that he's "only" 6' 1". I don't put any stock in that and I wouldn't hesitate in the least to start thinking about him from the 3rd on.

In terms of straight value, for me, right now, it goes Bridgewater, Garappolo and Murray with Manziel as the wildcard. I'm really not too keen on any other QB in this class. Bortles could very well be the #1 overall and be the next Jim Kelly but he's still too big a question mark for me in the first.

But, yeah, I'm a fan, I didn't like Geno leading up to the draft until the Jets took him and since have done everything I can to convince myself he'll be the man. 

In terms of straight value, for me, right now, it goes Bridgewater, Garappolo and Murray with Manziel as the wildcard. I'm really not too keen on any other QB in this class. Bortles could very well be the #1 overall and be the next Jim Kelly but he's still too big a question mark for me in the first.

But, yeah, I'm a fan, I didn't like Geno leading up to the draft until the Jets took him and since have done everything I can to convince myself he'll be the man. 

After the PINSTRIPE BOWL, I was 100% convinced that Geno was going to be a bust, and he has done nothing to dissuade me from that opinion. In fact he has even cemented it more for me that he is a Sanchez clone.

For this reason, I can only hope that they bring in a REAL veteran (and not a Garrard or Brunell) like Mike Vick, and draft one of the QB's from this class. My preference is:

1. Manziel

2. Bridgewater

3. McCarron

4. Garrapolo

5. Murray

6. Matthews

I have no Bortles (not convinced), and I have no Carr, and especially no BOYD, as he is definitely a Geno clone. I had to throw in my Cornell hero, Jef Matthews, as it would be pretty cool if he wernt from Cornell to the Jets.

After the PINSTRIPE BOWL, I was 100% convinced that Geno was going to be a bust, and he has done nothing to dissuade me from that opinion. In fact he has even cemented it more for me that he is a Sanchez clone.

For this reason, I can only hope that they bring in a REAL veteran (and not a Garrard or Brunell) like Mike Vick, and draft one of the QB's from this class. My preference is:

1. Manziel

2. Bridgewater

3. McCarron

4. Garrapolo

5. Murray

6. Matthews

I have no Bortles (not convinced), and I have no Carr, and especially no BOYD, as he is definitely a Geno clone. I had to throw in my Cornell hero, Jef Matthews, as it would be pretty cool if he wernt from Cornell to the Jets.

The funny thing about this is after the draft we basically only know about the top 2 or 3, usually one of the mid tier guys sneaks in at some point and the rest become career backups. I say go all Jeff Matthews crazy while you still can. Same could very well be said for the likes of Garappolo and Murray...my two favorites. 

The funny thing about this is after the draft we basically only know about the top 2 or 3, usually one of the mid tier guys sneaks in at some point and the rest become career backups. I say go all Jeff Matthews crazy while you still can. Same could very well be said for the likes of Garappolo and Murray...my two favorites. 

I agree 100%.

My friend is a big Georgia fan, and every time I watched games with him, I came away unimpressed with Murray.  Maybe I was watching the wrong games.

Murray had some games where he struggled a bit, but his overall body of work, and that cannon he possesses makes him a very intriguing mid-round prospect. As I said above, I would take a shot with him.

My friend is a big Georgia fan, and every time I watched games with him, I came away unimpressed with Murray.  Maybe I was watching the wrong games.

And somebody watched a bunch of Alabama or LSU games and came away super duper impressed with McCarron or Mettenberger?

Murray still holds the SEC record for total offense, completions, passing yards and touchdown passes.  

If he was a first or second round value right now I would agree. But if he's now considered a late round pick due to the ACL and his height... give me Murray in the 5th-7th rather than a goon like McCarron or Mettenberger in the 2nd-3rd. JMO.

If he was a first or second round value right now I would agree. But if he's now considered a late round pick due to the ACL and his height... give me Murray in the 5th-7th rather than a goon like McCarron or Mettenberger in the 2nd-3rd. JMO.

McCarron is definitely a goon, but Mettenberger too?

"Ryan Nassib is going in the first round."

Last year was unusual. I think the only QB that went higher than initially expected was Manuel. Usually, there's a run on the position before the fourth round.

Last year was unusual. I think the only QB that went higher than initially expected was Manuel. Usually, there's a run on the position before the fourth round.

Depends on if teams think Garopollo can develop into a starter, otherwise he'll be there in the fourth round. Draft media always gets far more excited about QB prospects than it seems actual NFL teams do.

I still think Jairus Byrd would be a great FA signing, think he's at the top of my list.

And I'd rather see them sign some guys to one year prove it deals and build through the draft than spend just for the sake of spending. To me giving a guy like Maclin or Nicks a year at $5 or $6 million and drafting a couple of WR's they like is a substantially better way to build the team than breaking the bank for Eric Decker. 

Which is probably good news for us, actually. By all means, other NFL teams, please go ahead and take guys like Garoppolo and Bortles in the 2nd so a guy like Jace Amaro can fall to us.

I still think Jairus Byrd would be a great FA signing, think he's at the top of my list.

And I'd rather see them sign some guys to one year prove it deals and build through the draft than spend just for the sake of spending. To me giving a guy like Maclin or Nicks a year at $5 or $6 million and drafting a couple of WR's they like is a substantially better way to build the team than breaking the bank for Eric Decker. 

I like Byrd for this defense too, but I'm worried about reports that Byrd has Revis-itis.

And I agree with you about prove it deals. But someone might be willing to offer them long-term deals so sometimes that doesn't work.

And also, in general, I'm sick of the rotating door at wide receiver and tight end. Those are positions that I'm sick of playing around with. They need young, productive players at those positions that are here for the long-term to develop knowledge of Marty's system and chemistry with Geno or whatever QB succeeds Geno.

Archived