Richie Incognito

Jetknowledge

When it comes to global warming, I'll make my judgments off of my direct interaction with the weather over some over-worded, sensationalized, soap-opera-like account from the "scientific" "community."

You can do better than this. The recycled Bill Maher bit is lame- you know it and I know it.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His opinion is no more important than yours or mine.

Umm, didn't you just ask who the heck Wells was, anyway?  Then when you found out he was somebody who had done investigations like this before, you decide that it doesn't matter who he is.

Sounds like a case of workplace harassment.  The days of "you outsiders can just butt out of this" are over for this super-promoted league looking to continue its position as an American institution.

Umm, didn't you just ask who the heck Wells was, anyway? Then when you found out he was somebody who had done investigations like this before, you decide that it doesn't matter who he is.

Sounds like a case of workplace harassment. The days of "you outsiders can just butt out of this" are over for this super-promoted league looking to continue its position as an American institution.

Lolwut

Lolwut

You asked why Wells was chosen because you never heard of him.  You found out that he had conducted big time investigations of this nature before,  so you decided that it didn't matter who he was, his opinion didn't mean more than anyone else's.

If he was just some guy with no credentials, you would be emphasizing that.  Now that you know he has credentials, you decide that everybody's opinion counts the same, who cares about credentials.

You asked why Wells was chosen because you never heard of him.  You found out that he had conducted big time investigations of this nature before,  so you decided that it didn't matter who he was, his opinion didn't mean more than anyone else's.

If he was just some guy with no credentials, you would be emphasizing that.  Now that you know he has credentials, you decide that everybody's opinion counts the same, who cares about credentials.

If he's hand picked by Goodell, then yeah...he's probably a putz.

That's just it, Goodell selected him.  And his report is not good at all for Incognito.  You know how these things work-the guy in charge puts somebody in the position of investigator, and then he bases his decision on that investigation.  If  Goodell goes against  the findings of his own investigator,  he looks like he doesn't care about the facts.

Couple that with the fact that Goodell has made it clear he wants to clean up the image of the players, (as much as that might be possible to do), and the fact that we are in the midst of anti-bullying campaigns, and I don't see how Incognito gets out of this with just a four game suspension.   The only thing that can save Incognito from losing a year at least is some new revelation, not in the report, which changes things radically.

And him saying the report is fugazi gives him a better shot?

His immediate future depends on him not rocking the boat. If his presence produces an iota of stress for Ross or the organization, he'll be on the street and likely out of the league. Dude is fringiest of fringe.

Point being I'll make my judgements off of the direct interaction between Incognito and Martin over some over worded, sensationalized,soap opera like account from Goodells hand picked attorney.

Either way, it's entirely subjective. Determining the true nature of a relationship based on text messages alone is dicey. If you did that with my phone, you'd determine that I was madly in love with a bunch of illiterate, overaged hookers, and had absolute intent to rape and murder all of my co-workers, all of whom are (based on my texts) gay sister-****ers with extreme psychological disfigurement.

That said, I think it's also dicey to ask a lawyer to determine the propriety of any interactions in a locker room. Wells could walk into any variety of male-dominated workplaces and uncover what appears to be inappropriate behavior. IMO, what he concluded is what most suspected from the beginning--that Incognito and Pouncey are megadouches and Martin is probably a little soft mentally, so he bailed. I don't think there's anything more sinister to it beyond that. Incognito will get a six-game Goodellban, which he'll appeal down to four games, at which point some OL-needy team like Detroit will sign him. Likewise, Martin will sign somewhere, quietly, after the draft and the story will disappear.

The Dolphins organization is the epitome of fail. They are the proverbial rotting fish that first decays from the head (owner / GM )  and then downward.

Icognito has been a douch nozzle starting from his college days ( safe bet H.S. too) and then continued quickly wearing out his welcome with NFL teams.

I get what  some guys are saying here that it is locker room this, bro stuff that but there is a line and he more than crosses it. He has and if given the chance will continue to be the common denominator to teams interpersonal problems. I think at this point he is radioactive and will and should be persona non grata in 2014.  Really, who is gonna want the sh!tstorm of negative media scrutiny this guy will bring to any team.

Either way, it's entirely subjective. Determining the true nature of a relationship based on text messages alone is dicey. If you did that with my phone, you'd determine that I was madly in love with a bunch of illiterate, overaged hookers, and had absolute intent to rape and murder all of my co-workers, all of whom are (based on my texts) gay sister-****ers with extreme psychological disfigurement.

That said, I think it's also dicey to ask a lawyer to determine the propriety of any interactions in a locker room. Wells could walk into any variety of male-dominated workplaces and uncover what appears to be inappropriate behavior. IMO, what he concluded is what most suspected from the beginning--that Incognito and Pouncey are megadouches and Martin is probably a little soft mentally, so he bailed. I don't think there's anything more sinister to it beyond that. Incognito will get a six-game Goodellban, which he'll appeal down to four games, at which point some OL-needy team like Detroit will sign him. Likewise, Martin will sign somewhere, quietly, after the draft and the story will disappear.

I thought Martin's text messages to his parents pretty much cleared up what honestly was already obvious from the beginning regarding his relationship with Incognito... Martin felt bullied non-stop, hated it, but his own issues led him to internalize it, and to try to befriend Incognito in the hopes of 1. Making it stop and 2. Making it look like he was 'one of the guys' and didn't care.

I thought Martin's text messages to his parents pretty much cleared up what honestly was already obvious from the beginning regarding his relationship with Incognito... Martin felt bullied non-stop, hated it, but his own issues led him to internalize it, and to try to befriend Incognito in the hopes of 1. Making it stop and 2. Making it look like he was 'one of the guys' and didn't care.

Well yeah ..........sometimes it is that simple but boiling it down like that is uh ...........less interesting to most?

If you really think about it, Martin is kind of like the Lando Calrissian of this whole thing.

Doing drugs and hookers is going a long way to pretend to fit in. But let's ignore that I suppose.

?

I mean, the concept of peer pressure exists on all levels, from High School to I imagine an NFL locker room.  Martin clearly was desperate to fit in, probably in large part just so that he could feel normal.  So, he did what "the guys" were doing.

I mean, the concept of peer pressure exists on all levels, from High School to I imagine an NFL locker room.  Martin clearly was desperate to fit in, probably in large part just so that he could feel normal.  So, he did what "the guys" were doing.

So that makes him less liable in all of this how? Sounds like he was having a grand old time with Richie in South Beach while simultaneously sobbing to his mother. That's a tad two faced.

If I called my mom as a grown man feeling sorry for myself after a night of hookers and blow she'd hang up.

Richie Incognito had a good run. He bullied people and got personal foul penalties for about 10 years. Most of career is in the books. He didn't end up dead like Aaron Hernandez's "friends." No one really revenged on him for all the terrible things he did. He got off light. Don't feel sorry for Richie Incognito. Hopefully he saved his money because it's tough to see him playing in this league again. 

So that makes him less liable in all of this how? Sounds like he was having a grand old time with Richie in South Beach while simultaneously sobbing to his mother. That's a tad two faced.

If I called my mom as a grown man feeling sorry for myself after a night of hookers and blow she'd hang up.

maybe you should look at Richie's character instead of trying to disparage his victim's. next you are gonna tell us that Jon Martin was asking for it. 

Archived