Marquis Lee and Austin Seferian-Jenkins

Obrien2Toon

These would be the perfect, home run 1st 2 picks.

People seem to forget that Lee was considered just as good if not better than Watkins up until last year. And was considered a sure fire top 10 pick if not top 5. Then he had the knee injury and USC imploded.

Them ASF was guaranteed to be the top TE taken, and be at least a top 20 pick. Then Price was terrible all year along with a slew of injuries on the oline and now he's suddenly not a top guy anymore.

So now we could get two guys at 18 and 49 that could of went 7 and 15 if not for circumstances out of their control.

Next Jerry Rice and Ben Coats

Been the two guys I've wanted for a couple years now, so I'd be more than happy.  ASJ was bothered by a stress fracture all year, which he apparently didn't know about, and still won the Mackey award over guys like Ebron and Amaro. I think he's one of the best red-zone weapons in this draft and is going to be a solid player for the next 10 years. Despite his off the field history, everything that I've heard and read about him is that he's actually a good kid and very active in the community.  

Also kind of makes me wonder how UW's medical team didn't catch that stress fracture or if he just never went into the trainers.

Could they possibly snag Dee Ford in the second and Fiedorowicz in the third?

I think Ford's pro-day will answer that a little better and I can't tell if CJ is actually a good prospect or if we're all over-rating him and he goes in the 5th or something. I'm gonna play it safe and say CJ goes in the 4th, in which case I'd be all for it.

I like the positions, just not the choices.  At wide receiver, I would like Mike Evans (who will probably be gone) followed by Jordan Matthews in the first.  Then at tight end, I prefer Troy Nicklaus.  We may have to move around to secure those guys, but they are just better players.  I could live with your two choices, though.

I like the positions, just not the choices.  At wide receiver, I would like Mike Evans (who will probably be gone) followed by Jordan Matthews in the first.  Then at tight end, I prefer Troy Nicklaus.  We may have to move around to secure those guys, but they are just better players.  I could live with your two choices, though.

I agree 100%. Those are the two I like also.

I never bought that top 5, top 10 talk for Lee. Think he fits the offense, but I'd prefer they go in a different direction at 18. Would definitely be happy with ASJ in the second or later though.

Had this been last year Watkins and Lee's draft statist would be flipped for the most part. But this is a what have you done for me lately type league.

Had this been last year Watkins and Lee's draft statist would be flipped for the most part. But this is a what have you done for me lately type league.

Maybe if draftniks were in charge. Lee's an average athlete with average size, I'm sure NFL teams would have pulled that together last year too. That's what the combine showed he is and what I saw when I watched him after last season and I'm incredibly far from an NFL scout.

Maybe if draftniks were in charge. Lee's an average athlete with average size, I'm sure NFL teams would have pulled that together last year too. That's what the combine showed he is and what I saw when I watched him after last season and I'm incredibly far from an NFL scout.

Trust me, someone who can standing broad jump 10'7", long jump over 25'5" and have a 38" vert is not an average athlete, even by NFL standards. That's insanely explosive. His long jump in 2012, would have been good for 20th at the Olympics, that's not average.  His 4.5 forty is disappointing and quite surprising, but couple that with his aforementioned measurables and he's by no means an average athlete.  

I know we're gonna disagree, but I see a Torry Holt clone in Lee and I think he's gonna tear up the league if he gets on the right team.

Trust me, someone who can standing broad jump 10'7", long jump over 25'5" and have a 38" vert is not an average athlete, even by NFL standards. That's insanely explosive. His long jump in 2012, would have been good for 20th at the Olympics, that's not average.  His 4.5 forty is disappointing and quite surprising, but couple that with his aforementioned measurables and he's by no means an average athlete.  

I know we're gonna disagree, but I see a Torry Holt clone in Lee and I think he's gonna tear up the league if he gets on the right team.

Good points here, I think his combine is being blown up for no reason. His 40 time was surprising, I thought he would be faster but watching the tape, he plays at a high speed and I think he gets good separation. The problem Im having is Lee or Beckham? Personally I'll take Ebron if available and snag Moncrief (or Matthews but he'll prob be gone) in the 2nd. Granted Moncrief isnt of the same caliber as Lee or Beckham but hes a different type of reciever and his arrow is pointed up

Good points here, I think his combine is being blown up for no reason. His 40 time was surprising, I thought he would be faster but watching the tape, he plays at a high speed and I think he gets good separation. The problem Im having is Lee or Beckham? Personally I'll take Ebron if available and snag Moncrief (or Matthews but he'll prob be gone) in the 2nd. Granted Moncrief isnt of the same caliber as Lee or Beckham but hes a different type of reciever and his arrow is pointed up

Lee or Beckham would both be fine by me, as they've been my two favorites for the past two years.  I think I'd stick with Lee because he's been my consensus #1 and the 40 time doesn't change that for me, although I don't think you could go wrong with either.  I always had Brandin Cooks at the bottom of my top 6, but this combine showed how much more explosive he is than I originally though, I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Haven't seen much of Moncrief, but from what I have seen, he's got all the physical tools, it's about putting it all together. If he and Matthews are both their in the second, I'm still taking Matthews however. It's certainly a good draft to have needs at WR, that's for sure.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. He doesn't have a size-speed combination that lines up with #1 wideouts in the NFL. A reasonably explosive guy and a good leaper, but if I'm drafting someone who's not particularly tall or strong to be a #1 wideout I'd like him to be fast. Lee to me wasn't on tape, and didn't run that way at the combine. The leaping ability is more appealing to me if we're talking about a guy with the frame (either in height/length or strength) to win more on contested catches. 

The comp I liked after last season was Jeremy Maclin with less speed and more leaping/contested catch ability. That's not a guy I'd draft in the top 5-10 which is why I wasn't a huge fan. I think that still lines up to an extent, only now we're adding an injury history and hands concerns after this past season.

All of this said I don't think Lee is a bad player. I just don't think he's special - and didn't after last year. He's someone I could certainly see being productive in the right situation - but I'm not sure the Jets are the right one. Maybe depending on what happens in FA.

Archived