Browner A Pat

F.Chowds

Oh no. We won't have a 30 year-old CB for a dozen games this season?

How will we ever survive?

How did Seattle survive without him? Oh, that's right. They won the SB without him.

Isn't Walter Thurmond III still out there? Didn't he step in to the starting role last year when Browner got suspended, and do better?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't Walter Thurmond III still out there? Didn't he step in to the starting role last year when Browner got suspended, and do better?

Yeah and then Maxwell took his job.  Coming off a 4 game suspension of his own and has had some injury issues.  Still most places have him ranked 2nd or remaining CBs.

Another cornerback signs elsewhere.

"Still plenty left. Be patient!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA- I literally laughed out loud, Brilliant!

No wonder Sanchez is still on the roster, imagine how foolish Idzik would look if he had 45 mil in cap space and did jack sh** to sign elite players. Once Sanchez is gone, we'll be digging through the scraps to sign a few nobodies, than we'll wonder why bombs are getting thrown over the secondary on a weekly basis like last season.

Agent blasts report of Browner deal in New England

Just as the evening was beginning to slow down, it has picked up. In a big way.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported via Twitter that the Patriots agreed to terms with free-agent cornerback Brandon Browner. Browner’s agent begs to differ. In a very unique way.

“It’s 100 percent untrue,” agent Peter Schaffer told PFT by phone, moments after the report landed on Twitter. “I’ve got four teams to negotiate with. I’ve got irresponsible journalists who don’t check their facts putting this stuff out there, and my phone is blowing up when I’m trying to play hockey.”

Schaffer plays in an adult hockey league in Denver.

“I’ve got very little patience for irresponsible journalists who put this stuff out and ruin my night,” Schaffer said. “My phone is going nuts. I just wanna play hockey.”

All Browner wants to do is play football. Schaffer has made it clear that Browner has not yet picked a team, in one of the most colorful ways we can recall.

Yeah sure, say that after the good players are off the board.

Im saying it because you're whining every day. Browner isnt in play, deal with it and let FA play out. You guys are bitching and we're nowhere near the end result. Let it play out. 

Browner is still in play. You think the guy would wait until he wasn't to blow a gasket. 

I'm still leaning towards Terrell Brown.  

If his agent is to be believed, then it sounds like Browner either (1) didn't get the memo that announcing his agreement with the Pats would cost him dollars in negotiations, or, (2) couldn't follow those simple directions.   

Either way, he's a dummy now and we don't want him on the team. 

We all heard it.  We also heard he did not sign yet.  Presumably they have an agreement in principle, but are duking it out over terms.  Pretty sure the name isn't on the paper yet.

And we heard Revis's Manager tweet there was no deal last night.   

Okay. I didnt hear that part. Why do I ever doubt you Dom? 

And we heard Revis's Manager tweet there was no deal last night.   

His agent was pretty fired up.  That means he is at least keeping the options open.  As I said, it probably means they have a deal in substance but are trying to finalize.  The vast majority of times that means the deal with get done, but certainly not every time.  For instance, did we actually sign Pettigrew yet?

His agent was pretty fired up.  That means he is at least keeping the options open.  As I said, it probably means they have a deal in substance but are trying to finalize.  The vast majority of times that means the deal with get done, but certainly not every time.  For instance, did we actually sign Pettigrew yet?

But I havent heard reports that we even offered Pettigrew a contract. We have websites, including NFL.com saying that its basically a done deal. I get your point of course, but Pettigrew isnt the best comparison. I've only heard that we've showed interest, but never heard about years and numbers like we've seen with Revis and Browner. 

But I havent heard reports that we even offered Pettigrew a contract. We have websites, including NFL.com saying that its basically a done deal. I get your point of course, but Pettigrew isnt the best comparison. I've only heard that we've showed interest, but never heard about years and numbers like we've seen with Revis and Browner. 

As recently as an hour ago, Browner's agent said he hadn't signed. Apparently, the agent was pissed that NFL Newtwork was calling it a done deal. 

I heard about an hour ago that the Patriots signed Browner to a two year deal. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/14/browner-heads-to-washington-today/

rowner heads to Washington today
Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
browner1.jpg?w=250Getty Images

Yes, Brandon Browner was scheduled to travel to Washington on Thursday night to visit the Redskins.  No, the visit wasn’t canceled.  It was moved to Friday.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports, and PFT has confirmed, that Browner’s visit to Washington will happen on Friday.  Per a league source, the visit was delayed because Browner’s Thursday visit to the Patriots lasted longer than anticipated.

Negotiations also are occurring with the Saints and Raiders for Browner.  While his four-game suspension to start the season could be regarded as an impediment, his availability for the offseason program, training camp, and the preseason allows him to be fully prepared for his return.

Cut by the Broncos in 2006, Browner returned to the NFL in 2011 and became a starter with the Seahawks.

Last night, Browner’s agent, Peter Schaffer, reacted angrily to a report from NFL Media that Browner had agreed to terms with the Patriots, providing a quote that is destined to land on a PFT-commissioned T-shirt:  “I just wanna play hockey.”

I was talking about your example of pettigrew

I'm not trying to teach you a lesson or anything.  I am pointing out that this guy is going on other visits despite the press announcing he signed with years and money.  Just like Pettigrew there is a decent chance he signs elsewhere.  If there is one thing we know it is that media is full of sh*t.  Especially with twitter.  It's all a race with very little fact checking.

Archived