offseason has been impressive

Jetknowledge

I'm starting to see why it's been so quiet today.

Reports are that we had a scheduling conflict with sanders and now I see why.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014/3/14/5509888/john-idzik-visits

l-texas-tech-pro-day

If this is true I think our 1st 2 picks could be 18. Marquise Lee & 49. Jace Amaro

And we mite still get a shot at emmanuel sanders.

I for 1 was happy we for once aren't tied down by the cap. And are building a young talented team..

Positives:

1. Getting Decker to sign-- Not because Decker is a great player, but because it proved that the franchise was a viable landing spot for upper-level, young free agents. Not closing on Decker would have looked tragic.

2. Idzik doesn't care about headlines-- While frustrating to some fans, it really is the way to go. Tannenbaum would have thrown giant deals at every free agent with a Q rating.

3. Getting snubbed by Pettigrew-- He stinks, and losing him keeps TE high on the list of needs heading into the draft. Jace Amaro and Troy Niklas (both of whom could be available at 39) have a good chance to be better players than Pettigrew at a fraction of the cost.

Negatives:

1. Didn't address guard/moved laterally at tackle-- Austin Howard didn't deserve his contract, but Giacomini isn't an upgrade anywhere else but on the balance sheet. He wasn't cheap, either. Geoff Schwartz would have been an ideal addition, but he went to the Giants for $4 mil per.

2. Allegedly got played by Vontae Davis, losing Alterraun Verner in the process.

Really impressive? We went into free agency with so many glaring needs and barely filled any of them. We still need CB another WR a TE,LB and possibly a backup QB. Im not impressed.

We know it's been discussed in EVERY thread

Really impressive? We went into free agency with so many glaring needs and barely filled any of them. We still need CB another WR a TE,LB and possibly a backup QB. Im not impressed.

Truth is we aren't even a week into this, it's just beginning. Idzik isn't just throwin money around, he has a plan to build a team, and keep headaches out. What can you possibly complain about unless you really want to complain.

Its been the right fa but I do think that missing Schwartz was bad. Its not bad fa but its not great yet either. If idzik just is simply refusing to overpay guys and set a precedent I can respect that. In the long run that strategy is proven to work. Its probably the most successful strategy there is long term.

The real impressive part of the offseason was keeping one of the top three HCs in the NFL and locking him up to a long term deal. Rex is the only real positive this franchise has going for it, despite some really, really, really dumb fans that wanted him gone

Woody?...what are you doing here, don't you have more important things to do?

Truth is we aren't even a week into this, it's just beginning. Idzik isn't just throwin money around, he has a plan to build a team, and keep headaches out. What can you possibly complain about unless you really want to complain.

#1 The last thing I want to be doing is complaining about the Jets. I love this team. It's like the guys that work for me.... if you're performance is lacking you get called on the carpet. Now consider you're the Manager of a $ 2 Billion business..... You don't wait 2 years to question the manager about problems on the line... you catch it before the problem wastes an entire production run. Stop the machines, trouble shoot and fix.

#2 There is a lot to complain about.... but I'll try not to stir up the zealots.

I really do appreciate your team spirit!

Its been the right fa but I do think that missing Schwartz was bad. Its not bad fa but its not great yet either. If idzik just is simply refusing to overpay guys and set a precedent I can respect that. In the long run that strategy is proven to work. Its probably the most successful strategy there is long term.

10 yr. plan.... excellent!

#1 The last thing I want to be doing is complaining about the Jets. I love this team. It's like the guys that work for me.... if you're performance is lacking you get called on the table. Now consider you're the Manager of a $ 2 Billion business..... You don't wait 2 years to question the manager about problems on the line... you catch it before the problem wastes an entire production run. Stop the machines, trouble shoot and fix.

#2 There is a lot to complain about.... but I'll try not to stir up the zealots.

Reminder 45 years and counting.

Positives:

1. Getting Decker to sign-- Not because Decker is a great player, but because it proved that the franchise was a viable landing spot for upper-level, young free agents. Not closing on Decker would have looked tragic.

2. Idzik doesn't care about headlines-- While frustrating to some fans, it really is the way to go. Tannenbaum would have thrown giant deals at every free agent with a Q rating.

3. Getting snubbed by Pettigrew-- He stinks, and losing him keeps TE high on the list of needs heading into the draft. Jace Amaro and Troy Niklas (both of whom could be available at 39) have a good chance to be better players than Pettigrew at a fraction of the cost.

Negatives:

1. Didn't address guard/moved laterally at tackle-- Austin Howard didn't deserve his contract, but Giacomini isn't an upgrade anywhere else but on the balance sheet. He wasn't cheap, either. Geoff Schwartz would have been an ideal addition, but he went to the Giants for $4 mil per.

2. Allegedly got played by Vontae Davis, losing Alterraun Verner in the process.

Shane.... do you think the it was the allure of our great heritage and young budding QB that brought Decker here? Or, the fact he and his wife obviously like the spotlight( their own reality series has been renewed on the E! Channel). Nothing makes for better TV than the NY Jets(remember the NFL series the Jets did in 2011?) The $36 mil he could have gotten elsewhere.... NYC is the Press Capital of the World

Shane.... do you think the it was the allure of our great heritage and young budding QB that brought Decker here? Or, the fact he and his wife obviously like the spotlight( their own reality series has been renewed on the E! Channel). Nothing makes for better TV than the NY Jets(remember the NFL series the Jets did in 2011?) The $36 mil he could have gotten elsewhere.... NYC is the Press Capital of the World

There's my million-dollar idea NY Jets wives reality show! Cha-Ching!

Woody's wife included Woody the media attention whore would be all over it.

Negatives:

1.  Aside from not showing interest in Shwartz and not landing Asamoah, I'm not sure which move you were hoping for.  For all we know, Breno Giacomini might be our new swing tackle, and Ben Ijalana will be the starter at either RT or OG.  I also wouldn't rule out a draftee like Taylor Lewan in the first, as he might slide and present fair value for the draft slot. 

2.  Getting "played" by Davis just reveals that Vontae wanted to stay with his (playoff caliber) team, in his current house, at his current pay (which is substantial), and that our beans weren't enough to pry him away from those factors.  How much higher than $10M per would it have taken to change his mind without overpaying?

Verner is the only real argument here given that he was signed for a very reasonable contract, and changed teams.  Still, I question how he would have fit in a press coverage scheme as he's billed more as a zone defender who plays bail-technique in coverage.  

After reading about his conference call today, I definitely got the impression that becoming a celebrity couple is really high on his list of priorities. No matter what he says, there's no way you go from Peyton Manning to Geno Smith for "football reasons."

Positives:

Negatives:

these are the same situation. anytime another team uses the Jets to drive up their asking price with their current team it is a negative

by the way the whole Revis signing with Patriots thing was not a positive. It's a friggin Greek tragedy.  Casual Jets fans will find out about this next summer and want to put out their eyes. Whether they could have avoided it or not is a moot question. All that matters is the Pats are loading up for another run and the Jets are shooting for the wildcard...maybe. Like every other year.  

After reading about his conference call today, I definitely got the impression that becoming a celebrity couple is really high on his list of priorities. No matter what he says, there's no way you go from Peyton Manning to Geno Smith for "football reasons."

Hold on cowboy. Peyton Manning is 1 hit away from being done and will probably retire next season after the Broncos win the Super Bowl. Geno Smith on the other hand is a young gun who will win multiple Super Bowls here in the years to come. That's why.

these are the same situation. anytime another team uses the Jets to drive up their asking price with their current team it is a negative

by the way the whole Revis signing with Patriots thing was not a positive. It's a friggin Greek tragedy. Casual Jets fans will find out about this next summer and want to put out their eyes. Whether they could have avoided it or not is a moot question. All that matters is the Pats are loading up for another run and the Jets are shooting for the wildcard...maybe. Like every other year.

So we should bet it all on this year? You clown, there is no combination of fa signings that win us the superbowl this season. The only thing we can do this offseason is **** up three years from now.

So we should bet it all on this year? You clown, there is no combination of fa signings that win us the superbowl this season. The only thing we can do this offseason is **** up three years from now.

Do these words sound familiar?

I think I figured out idzik's plan. Push 40m into next year's cap, get the first pick of the draft and then get rid of Rex. Go into next off-season and then push 80 into the following years cap then sign LeBron James and Melo to a max contract.

#1 The last thing I want to be doing is complaining about the Jets. I love this team. It's like the guys that work for me.... if you're performance is lacking you get called on the carpet. Now consider you're the Manager of a $ 2 Billion business..... You don't wait 2 years to question the manager about problems on the line... you catch it before the problem wastes an entire production run. Stop the machines, trouble shoot and fix.

Thank you, I try.

And I don't feel anyone can complain till preseason game 4, when we actually see our starters and what our rookies MITE contribute.

Thank you, I try.

And I don't feel anyone can complain till preseason game 4, when we actually see our starters and what our rookies MITE contribute.

Don't let the Grammar police(BG/SuperT) catch you mizspelln.... you'll get a verbal lashing!

With regard to pre-season game 4.... I don't know any Jet fan who waits that long! :winking0001:

He said the broncos didn't even reach out to him. And he wanted to feel welcomed, & respected. That's what he got here, and money. And 2 great states to call home. Plus he heard all the talk of him being a 2, i'm sure there's a chip on his shoulder and he wants to prove how good he really is.

He said the broncos didn't even reach out to him. And he wanted to feel welcomed, & respected. That's what he got here, and money. And 2 great states to call home. Plus he heard all the talk of him being a 2, i'm sure there's a chip on his shoulder and he wants to prove how good he really is.

Boy, I hope you're right!

I know that if I wanted to teach John Elway a lesson, I'd come a-runnin' to the Jets offense to help me do it.

They say week 3 of free agency is when you get your best bargains. Its pretty obvious Idzik isnt even close to being done. Still a ton of guys out there that can help this team out and a ton of cap room. The ending objective is to have 2 or even 3 viable starters battling it out at every position by the time training camp starts.

Here's a list:

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/look-top-remaining-nfl-free-agents

Outside linebackers (1)

47. Shaun Phillips

Defensive ends (7)

18. Jared Allen
42. Corey Wootton
51. Julius Peppers
64. Anthony Spencer
82. Robert Ayers
95. Willie Young

Cornerbacks (4)

12. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
48. Antonio Cromartie
60. Walter Thurmond III
77. Chris Harris

Defensive tackles (2)

34. Henry Melton
100. Pat Sims

Inside linebackers (1)

80. Brandon Spikes

Quarterbacks (2)

52. Michael Vick
107. Josh Freeman

Running backs (5)

40. Ben Tate
75. Knowshon Moreno
81. James Starks
90. LeGarrette Blount
92. Maurice Jones-Drew

Wide receivers (6)

35. Julian Edelman
39. Emmanuel Sanders
44. James Jones
89. Brandon LaFell
102. Jerome Simpson

Tight ends (2)

71. Jermichael Finley

Offensive tackles (1)

101. Zach Strief

Offensive guards (2)

86. Davin Joseph
98. Travelle Wharton

Centers (1)

94. Brian De La Puente

^great list RSJ

I would like to show interest in Shaun Phillips or Anthony Spencer, let them rotate with Barnes, Coples and Pace (re-signed on cheap), and work in a drafted rookie (Trent Murphy, Attoacho from the second rd.)

We can draft a WR in the first, a start able RB in the 3rd round, and get a TE in the 4th (Fiodorwicz, Lylerla).

Archived