Movie Madness Mafia - Good vs Evil

Pac

Ugh. I get what you were pointing out, but to me, you missed an opportunity to make it easy and catch him in a lie.

There's a myriad of possible role design scenarios that make your point a little moot, imo. We have no idea how Pac designed the role. Sorry, if I'm not in a rush to not think it through. JVOR was an immediate ping for me, you know how bad I want to be right... but I'm trying to be sensible too.

Sensible to proceed with caution yes, but as you keep saying (something leelou did btw) we need to focus on the werewolf..

How many inconsistencies/coincidences do we need? He's essentially claimed the most valuable role in the history of conversion game. Not only can he protect against conversions, he can find the converted. I'm assuming fostering world peace is also one of his powers.

Then he says that he protects at  night but the conversion happened during the day:

I'm going to assume he forgot the at in the sentence below, which seems a very clear indication of the mechanics he's claimed..

Okay, so since I'm at L-3 anyways, I'm Dr J S Hirch from an American Werewolf in London. Each night I'm able to choose whether to protect someone from conversion night OR investigate if someone has been conversion. Last night I protected Bleed Green from conversion since he was the claimed cop and it'd be nice to have reliable results but he died so that's useless. As just an fyi before someone brings it up, in an earlier post I brought up the "well have to see what the werewolf function does", just to avoid making it seem like I am the role what I was and to see if someone wanted to talk about it. So far, my hunch is that CTM and/or wombat is scum or werewolf. I feel that Ape is neutral to slight town read. I still feel pretty good about a Nyn lynch as well.

18711-603.gif

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sensible to proceed with caution yes, but as you keep saying (something leelou did btw) we need to focus on the werewolf..

How many inconsistencies/coincidences do we need? He's essentially claimed the most valuable role in the history of conversion game. Not only can he protect against conversions, he can find the converted. I'm assuming fostering world peace is also one of his powers.

Then he says that he protects at  night but the conversion happened during the day:

I'm going to assume he forgot the at in the sentence below, which seems a very clear indication of the mechanics he's claimed..

None of this is lost on me. I'm disappointed in how Hess failed to use that observation to see if he could catch him lying.

Sell it to someone else for now... his reveal pisses me off, because in my gut I felt so sure I was right about him on like his first post of the game.

For now, I don't want to be in the middle of this, I don't like how logical apprehension is being painted as ZOMG SO SCUMMY.

We already saw BG was a sane cop, right? If he was insane, his coroner report would have said that - or Pac is bastard modding. So... Nyn is either scum or useless as an insane cop. She's not claiming to have inherited BG's views... so we know who to lynch if we want to lynch scum, but we should be focused on werewolf hunting right now.

If Dan doesn't post soon, I'm chopping her head off, and then feeding it to CTM so he can choke on it and die. Two-fer.

Is this a joke?  Insane cops are just as useful as a regular cop once they know they're insane.

Agreed.

Good news is this ensures I live for a bit - scum won't shoot me to confirm you, as they'd rather use the sanity excuse.  Sweet!

Sad.  You're stretching farther than I've ever seen from you.  Weird.

Preemptively FoSing any sanity test arguments.  Gross.

Leelou said I'm town.  Doesn't that count?

WIFOM.  Gross.

Meh, I don't think so.  Think about how risky of a move this is for scum - they'd have to ensure they didn't pick the WW or some 3rd party in saying I'm town.  The whole plan blows up if I flip anything other than town.  The easiest explanation here that doesn't involve a bunch of lucky guessing is that she's a legit town Cop.

Uh, no it wouldn't blow up if you flipped non-town for very obvious reasons.  Considering you just tried to preemptively discredit sanity arguments, there is no way you should be saying this.  You are talking our of both sides of your ass.

Is this a joke?  Insane cops are just as useful as a regular cop once they know they're insane.

No, a mistake. I was thinking of paranoid cop. I forgot there was a difference. Insance just see's in opposites, right?

Remember that post I made on D1 making note of Verb's town vibes, so that I could sort of use it as a measuring stick if you will? He's emerging as a pretty filthy looking... also been thinking about why 80 didn't go at him right away... if Verb was town, 80 could have just gone after him and achieved his meta, but he didn't... instead someone had to mention it, then 80 faked the funk and you know the rest.

I also think that if Verbal was town, he would have ignored my "measuring stick, verb is town" comment, but if he's scum - he's going to highlight it to rub in my face and possibly set me up for later.

Unvote

Vote Verbal

http://wmyx.radiotown.com/VAN/HALOWEENIE 09/Halloween Music - Friday The 13th Theme.mp3

While everyone was patiently deliberating, JetFan Voorhees was quietly digging his way out.  While it's well know that he is without a doubt the single stupidest player in the game, he's nothing if not resilient...

After he pulled himself up through the last few feet of dense forest soil, he smelled a nearby fire where Pinheads body was going to be laid to rest. 

Being the monumentally stupid creature that he is, he grabbed the cadaver and dragged it to a nearby tree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyzJStkVC0U

"uhhh...  hey..  Yo, JetFan Voorhees!  Pinhead is already dead and stuff..  JackD Riggs went kaboom on her and sh-t..."

*10 minutes go by*

"Hey stupid, you hear me?  She's like already dead and stuff...  gone..  You're wasting your time.  Give it a rest."

*30 minute mark*

"Will you look at this m'fer?  He's been at it for damn near half an hour.  I knew he was dumb but I've never experienced this level of idiocy.  If he keeps this up we're going to have to kill him again.."

*45 minutes in*

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP!"

A full hour passes before Jetfan Voorhees finally believed Pinhead was dead.  He dropped the body to the ground and made his way back to the hole from where he sprouted.

Once there, he proceeded to dig his way back into the earth alternating between his hands and hockey mask as a digging devices.  When he reached the 10 foot mark, he asked nearby observers to rebury him...

80, aka Jason Voorhees, has done something incredibly stupid and nonsensical, and is DEAD AGAIN!

the-many-looks-of-jason-voorhees-2008102

*disclaimer

The preceding scene was purely flavor and nothing more than an attempt to humor myself.  For those of you who are new, I've been calling Jetfan80 the worst player I've ever seen for over a year now.  I was just taking a not so subtle jab at him.

The scene didn't really happen...

carry on...

*disclaimer

The preceding scene was purely flavor and nothing more than an attempt to humor myself.  For those of you who are new, I've been calling Jetfan80 the worst player I've ever seen for over a year now.  I was just taking a not so subtle jab at him.

The scene didn't really happen...

carry on...

I was quite enjoying death and not being smacked against a tree. For an hour. :dry: :tongue: 

Official Vote Count:

Nyn (6) - AVM, JVoY, Ace, JiF, Dan, Nolder

JVoY (2) - Nyn, CTM

Smash (1) - Nolder

Verb (4) - Hallia, Hess, Wwwombitch, Ape

Wormbat (1) - Smash

CTM (1) - Lily

With 16 alive, it takes 9 votes to send to the afterlife.

No, a mistake. I was thinking of paranoid cop. I forgot there was a difference. Insance just see's in opposites, right?

Remember that post I made on D1 making note of Verb's town vibes, so that I could sort of use it as a measuring stick if you will? He's emerging as a pretty filthy looking... also been thinking about why 80 didn't go at him right away... if Verb was town, 80 could have just gone after him and achieved his meta, but he didn't... instead someone had to mention it, then 80 faked the funk and you know the rest.

I also think that if Verbal was town, he would have ignored my "measuring stick, verb is town" comment, but if he's scum - he's going to highlight it to rub in my face and possibly set me up for later.

Unvote

Vote Verbal

That kinda makes sense.  Do you think Verb is more likely mafia or wolf?  All I know is his reaction to Nyn's claim gives me the willies.

That kinda makes sense.  Do you think Verb is more likely mafia or wolf?  All I know is his reaction to Nyn's claim gives me the willies.

Not sure. If my theory about him rubbing it in my face about him being town is true, then he's original for whichever alignment he is, because that was before the conversion.

His reaction to Nyn's claim is gross, and so was the way he and CTM both glommed onto Hess's cased on JVOR - I think what caught me off guard there is that Hess, Verb and CTM are all intelligent enough to know that there's myriad possibilities for how a role can work. We've seen protective roles that submit at night, and are effecting in a rollover into the day as well. All 3 treated it like a gotcha, which made me mad, because if Hess had actually held back - he could have maybe enticed JVOR into lying.

That said, if he had held back, maybe Verb or CTM wouldn't have shown their asses. If JVOR is legit, and CTM is wolf, then that explains the urgency from him. 

I don't know. I'm not reaching any conclusions right now, it's all stuff to consider.

Knowing the subject matter, it would appear Nyn (if she's telling the truth) could get negative results......but I know I'm town.  This means she's:

1.  Scum and trying to get me aligned with her

2.  Town Cop and getting an accurate result

I don't see this as a fake claim - look at how we are questioning it.  2 Cops?  Seems like a poor fake claim, tbh.  So I'm inclined to believe it for now, especially after re-reading her responses to BeeGee.  I thought they seemed legit.

Unvote

Vote Verbal

unvote

Or a naive cop (all town results), not that it changes the point.  Verb drawing this attention to himself makes me wonder if he IS werewolf, if he's not the converted one and trying to buy someone (Nyn, Dan, or CTM) an extra night for another conversion.

It just strikes me as if Verb wants to die right now with this garbage he's spewing.  He knows better than to post this "derp well I won't die tonight derp" crap.

And if anyone is scratching their head about my drawn back play, it's because I just spent 2 weeks mired in a 7,000 page over-reaction fest, in which every attempt I made at methodical play was blown up by impulsive illogical inexperienced spazzes whose heads explode over basic things we all do here ... apparently they also don't understand cause and effect, and thus none of them want to be accountable for playing like mindless idiots.

unvote

Or a naive cop (all town results), not that it changes the point.  Verb drawing this attention to himself makes me wonder if he IS werewolf, if he's not the converted one and trying to buy someone (Nyn, Dan, or CTM) an extra night for another conversion.

It just strikes me as if Verb wants to die right now with this garbage he's spewing.  He knows better than to post this "derp well I won't die tonight derp" crap.

This is what I'm stuck on too.

And if anyone is scratching their head about my drawn back play, it's because I just spent 2 weeks mired in a 7,000 page over-reaction fest, in which every attempt I made at methodical play was blown up by impulsive illogical inexperienced spazzes whose heads explode over basic things we all do here ... apparently they also don't understand cause and effect, and thus none of them want to be accountable for playing like mindless idiots.

link pls

link pls

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/59/puzzles-other-games/3-game-mafia-champions-ww-invitational-game-thread-1428519/

So, in the end game, I'm getting dogged on a little - mostly by people who got butthurt vicariously through the insults I hurled at players in the game. Long story short, players like Ace and I got neutered by a bunch of flailing idiots. Every time we tried to present logic, we got slapped down with 50 impulsive, paranoid, illogical, freak-out reactions. I basically figured out he was town, by empathizing with his frustration and lack of giving a sh*t about the outcome.

I would have subbed out, but I actually was enjoying abusing them. Now the post game know it alls are telling me how awful a teammate I am... apparently when perfectly viable logic gets ignored for 5,000 posts, you are expected to hold out for someone to finally "get it" by about 7,000.

Post game is filled with all sorts of butthurt from observing players. Apparently "you suck at mafia" really hits them where it hurts. LOL

Also, the setup:

Town jack of all trades, cop, vigilante (this guy was the worst ever) - he essentially caused the first 2 mislynches, then shot 3 townies because "why holster when you can derp" and he made the thread about 4,000 posts longer than it needed to be... every time anyone posted anything, he railed them with a barrage of "why, explain, repeat your reads, why, explain"... awful. He did some of the most illogical sh*t I've ever seen, and in doing so created reasons for us to lynch the way we did early on.

Scum had a vest, and 2 NKs per night, and some other sh*t too.

Most unbalanced game I've ever been in too. LOL

All around the biggest sh*tshow I've ever seen in mafia. The players in this game, most of them, made Dragonmount look good.

"I want you to take these gloves, put them on, and go knock somebody's block off".

" yo Mick do you tink I'm ready fo dat?  I mean I ain't always had duh greatest aim...  if you know what Im sayin'".

"OF COURSE you've oined it kid.  Now go KNOCK HIS BLOCK OFF".

Archived