Johnny Football Pro Day

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Semi-circus, music blaring, he's got on black helmet and pads. Former President Bush andGov of TX show up. People clapping for big throws. Never seen a pro day like this. It's like a show.

In all fairness he has a better arm than I thought. He's might be more circus than Tebow.

Yeah his arm is fine. 

this guy creates excitement. if you are a team that needs a Qb, it's what you need to sell tickets. People forget the NFL isn't the military or some other serious pursuit. It's entertainment. there's 31 losers and 1 winner each year. It doesn't have to be perfect it just has to be entertaining.  Love him or hate him, Johnny Football is extremely entertaining. 

this guy creates excitement. if you are a team picking in the top 5, it's what you need to sell tickets. People forget the NFL isn't the military or some other serious pursuit. It's entertainment. Love him or hate him, Johnny is extremely entertaining.

No coach is going to want to deal with this, especially if they call Sumlin. If Manziel is drafted high, it's because some dipsh*t owner pulled rank.

this guy creates excitement. if you are a team picking in the top 5, it's what you need to sell tickets. People forget the NFL isn't the military or some other serious pursuit. It's entertainment. there's 31 losers and 1 winner each year. It doesn't have to be perfect it just has to be entertaining. Love him or hate him, Johnny is extremely entertaining.

I didn't find Tebow entertaining.

this guy creates excitement. if you are a team picking in the top 5, it's what you need to sell tickets. People forget the NFL isn't the military or some other serious pursuit. It's entertainment. there's 31 losers and 1 winner each year. It doesn't have to be perfect it just has to be entertaining.  Love him or hate him, Johnny is extremely entertaining. 

Yeah, how'd that work out for Tebow?  In the end, the only entertaining aspect of the NFL that fans really give a crap about is winning.  If you're a loser, the act is going to wear thin really quickly.  Actually, people are going to turn on you that much quicker than someone who is "boring".  Sanchez was considered to be plenty entertaining by many, too bad he sucked.

In the end, the only entertaining aspect of the NFL that fans really give a crap about is winning. 

ok so this player beat Undefeated Bama, at Bama. He won the Heisman as a freshman. He won a ton of games including his bowl game (and looked good doing it). He's said he wants to be the first rookie to win the Super Bowl. 

Johnny Football is all about winning. He's a winner that's what it says in his file.

or answer this, How is he not a winner? How is he a loser? for signing autographs? 

what's not to like? 

btw the pro day in helmet and pads was a baller move

here's a gif of him hitting Evans super deep 

JFFbroomMan.gif

I really do not see how anyone can say he does not have a strong enough arm- I have questions about him but not that

ok so this player beat Undefeated Bama, at Bama. He won the Heisman as a freshman. He won a ton of games including his bowl game (and looked good doing it). He's said he wants to be the first rookie to win the Super Bowl. 

Johnny Football is all about winning. He's a winner that's what it says in his file.

or answer this, How is he not a winner? How is he a loser? for signing autographs? 

None of his college success is going to matter once he's playing for an NFL team.  He wants to win in the NFL?  Great, but he has to actually do it for it to mean a thing.  He can be entertaining as he likes, but if he comes in and Tebows it up, he'll be run out of the league just as quickly.  At that point the so-called entertainment value becomes more annoying than anything else.

He could very well end up being a great success, I don't know, but it will have to be because he can play in this league, not because he's a TMZ superstar.

Meh every NFL Qb can throw the bomb moving to their strong side.

the word with Johnny is es capability. If that is a word. I might have made it up Don king style.

Unlike Derek Carr he can function in a sloppy pocket. Bridge is actually really good at this too. 

the word with Johnny is es capability. If that is a word. I might have made it up Don king style.

Unlike Derek Carr he can function in a sloppy pocket. Bridge is actually really good at this too.

I like him in the pocket for sure...he reminds me a lot of Romo, don't think he'll be able to stay healthy though...one side step too many ends a season.

I am not advocating and just throwin out here for yuks,,

But IF Jets did draft him, that would imply Idzik/Rex think Geno wont be a franchise type QB. Since Vick knows Martys playbook, he could play until Manzel understands playbook.. I'd assume Geno traded on Daft day for picks to someone..

this guy creates excitement. if you are a team that needs a Qb, it's what you need to sell tickets. People forget the NFL isn't the military or some other serious pursuit. It's entertainment. there's 31 losers and 1 winner each year. It doesn't have to be perfect it just has to be entertaining. Love him or hate him, Johnny Football is extremely entertaining.

When he plays as bad as tebow his entertaining style will get old really quick. He has an ego the size of Texas and talent the size of Rhode Island.

k so the reports are rolling in

The script of 64 throws had Manziel rolling left and right, and dropping back — three, five and seven steps — into the pocket, which are the throws that NFL scouts want to see him making having come from an offense at A&M that is unorthodox by NFL standards.

In addition, Manziel took every throw from center, even calling out the pre-scripted plays, from center. That, too, is a change: Manziel took a grand total of one snap that wasn't in the shotgun last season for the Aggies.

The results were highly successful. He completed 61 of the 64 passes, with two fairly catchable balls hitting the ground, plus one caught by wide receiver Mike Evans — also a top-15 prospect — out of bounds.

"We were striving for perfection," Manziel said. "Little disappointed in that."

Although Manziel frequently had to dry his hands on the center’s towel, he still showed good accuracy by hitting on his first 36 pass attempts. 

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-draft--johnny-manziel-puts-glitz-in-outstanding-pro-day-effort-163143293.html

Cause I watched him play. In college it was great. He was fun to watch but he's reckless and got lucky on a lot of plays. He's a less talented more cocky version of Farve.

Reckless can work though. I'm not sure what he'll be...but a lot of successful QB's did have at least some recklessness to their game. The best QB in the league does.

Archived