The Official Draft Thread (1st Round)

Maxman

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably not, or you can probably just be hating. 

Possibly, but I have no reason to not like Teddy. Guys who fall like that generally fall because they aren't that good. The VIkings didnt outsmart everyone. 

Possibly, but I have no reason to not like Teddy. Guys who fall like that generally fall because they aren't that good. The VIkings didnt outsmart everyone. 

Boy oh boy. Quoting people in this thread will be fun in the future , I'll make sure to bring this thread up when Bridgewater or Manziel are tearing apart defenses and we stuck with the great Geno Smith who put games together such as his great 8 completions or whatever game. Hall of fame qb right their.

Boy oh boy. Quoting people in this thread will be fun in the future , I'll make sure to bring this thread up when Bridgewater or Manziel are tearing apart defenses and we stuck with the great Geno Smith who put games together such as his great 8 completions or whatever game. Hall of fame qb right their.

right THUR

we'll be bragging about Rex holding them to a 60 QB rating after we lose to one of them 20-6

Players fall for two reasons and two reasons only, and neither one can be proven on draft night. #1. because the teams are making a good decision #2. because teams are making a poor decision. 

This goes back to what I've always said about "observing play in shorts". Teams letting years worth of proof on the field go down the drain because of what a kid did in shorts on a pro day. Its ridiculous, but a situation that the vikings took full advantage of. They just got a QB who isn't only physically gifted but has the talent to understand defenses and call his own plays on the field. 

Players fall for two reasons and two reasons only, and neither one can be proven on draft night. #1. because the teams are making a good decision #2. because teams are making a poor decision. 

This goes back to what I've always said about "observing play in shorts". Teams letting years worth of proof on the field go down the drain because of what a kid did in shorts on a pro day. Its ridiculous, but a situation that the vikings took full advantage of. They just got a QB who isn't only physically gifted but has the talent to understand defenses and call his own plays on the field. 

We got that same exact guy last year though.

No, no we didn't. It's not even comparable. Bridgewater's footwork is way cleaner, he makes way better decisions, and doesn't have the problem of locking onto wr's that Geno has. Geno has "slow eyes." Also, unlike Geno, Bridgewater has stepped up in big games, he didn't buckle like a bitch.

He also played in a pro style offense, something Geno didn't do.

No, no we didn't. It's not even comparable. Bridgewater's footwork is way cleaner, he makes way better decisions, and doesn't have the problem of locking onto wr's that Geno has. Geno has "slow eyes." Also, unlike Geno, Bridgewater has stepped up in big games, he didn't buckle like a bitch.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=320040228

Meaning Geno? If so then I feel that when its said and done the Jets would have had one of the best drafts picks that year. Richardson is a future pro bowler, Milliner looks like he's about to make that turn (and having Pryor in the back will be a good help) and Geno will get at least 2 targets before this draft is done to compliment the outside (WR) and to help control the middle of the field (TE). 

Geno Smith was better than E.J. Manuel, I don't care what the situation was. Geno shouldn't have even been in the 2nd round, but it worked out for us. There will be only one smart team in a situation like that an like I feel it will be the vikings tonight, I feel that the Jets a year or two from now will have a QB that no one is questioning in Geno Smith. 

Meaning Geno? If so then I feel that when its said and done the Jets would have had one of the best drafts picks that year. Richardson is a future pro bowler, Milliner looks like he's about to make that turn (and having Pryor in the back will be a good help) and Geno will get at least 2 targets before this draft is done to compliment the outside (WR) and to help control the middle of the field (TE). 

Geno Smith was better than E.J. Manuel, I don't care what the situation was. Geno shouldn't have even been in the 2nd round, but it worked out for us. There will be only one smart team in a situation like that an like I feel it will be the vikings tonight, I feel that the Jets a year or two from now will have a QB that no one is questioning in Geno Smith. 

Nope, Manuel was better last year. Manuel was hurt and was still significantly better then Geno was. Though to be honest, I don't see either of them as starting qb's down the road.

lol, sometimes I think you type just to type sh*t. 

Nope, Manuel was better last year. Manuel was hurt and was still significantly better then Geno was. Though to be honest, I don't see either of them as starting qb's down the road.

He wasn't on the field so how can you say that? like I said to your last post, you type just to type sh*t. 

He wasn't on the field so how can you say that? like I said to your last post, you type just to type sh*t. 

I can say that based off of the games I did watch. Manuel wasn't making bonehead decisions like butt fumbling and running out the back of his own end zone like Geno was. You have the rose colored glasses on for Geno (being a jets fan) and seeing what you want to see instead of what is actually happening. Geno sucks. 

Teddy had his bad moments as well. Again, besides the obvious...extremely similar prospects.

Dude if you honestly can't watch their game tape and tell how different of prospects they are, I don't what to tell you. Just look at their footwork for f's sake.

Dude if you honestly can't watch their game tape and tell how different of prospects they are, I don't what to tell you. Just look at their footwork for f's sake.

I have actual NFL tape of Geno making NFL throws. 

To corners? I have a lot of tape like that to my friend. Or are you talking about the ground? Cause I saw a lot of that happen to.

Not touting Geno to be anything great...but I'd rather have the potential star at safety than redundancy at the QB position. If Geno wasnt already on the roster we probably do what Minnesota did an hour ago. Teddy wasn't coming in this August and blowing Geno out of the water.

I can say that based off of the games I did watch. Manuel wasn't making bonehead decisions like butt fumbling and running out the back of his own end zone like Geno was. You have the rose colored glasses on for Geno (being a jets fan) and seeing what you want to see instead of what is actually happening. Geno sucks. 

Butt fumble, and running out of the end zone is your best reason? 

Geno Smith played all 16 games and no matter what you say about him the kid won 8 games on a team predicted to win 2 to 4 games. Geno would have won more games with Buffalo's WR targets. Of course that doesn't count because like the person wearing the pessimistic glasses they won't see the obvious. The Jets had the worst targets in the entire league and a starting rookie QB, thats not even debatable. E.J. Manuel needs to be able to stay on the field before you even compare him to Geno. 

I dont wanna hear it. 

Arizona just took Deone Buchanon over Bridgewater and Carr.

We took Pryor over Manziel, Bridgewater and Carr.

Obviously the fans over-rate the QBs prospects, as usual. 

yeah because the teams have been so good over the years evaluating Qb talent :)

the majority of QB's picked stink

yes this is true but you also have to look at teams that have destroyed QB's due to lack of talent and coaching we are certainly at the top of that list ...At least under Idzik we're doing something with the offensive talent.

Archived