Martavis Bryant

GREENBEAN

What do you think about this guy being our first 4th rd pick today? 6' 5" and good speed.

What do you think about this guy being our first 4th rd pick today? 6' 5" and good speed.

Martavis Bryant-  4.42 40yd dash   Strengths Excellent body length with a long, rangy frame. Very good straight-line, separation speed. Can drop his hips surprisingly well for as tall as he is and is fairly shifty after the catch. Good red-zone target -- effective making back-shoulder catches. Flashes the ability to climb the ladder and highpoint the ball. Has return experience. Weaknesses

Inconsistent hands -- tends to double-clutch the ball and makes too many easy drops. Is not a polished route runner -- is stiff in and out of his breaks. Lacks toughness desired to work the middle of the field. Must prove that he is willing to work to assimilate a playbook and learn the finer points of the game.

That would be a good pick.

The issue I have with him is he might be like Steven Hill in that he has all the measurables you want in a WR but simply drops the friggin ball. 

I wonder what the Jets think of him. Rex did spend a lot of time down in Clemson this off season.

Isn't he Stephen Hill 2.0?

That's my fear. Thing is that he was asked to catch the ball much more than hill in college and I'm pretty sure his body of work is larger.  He's one of those high upside but risky players.

That's my fear. Thing is that he was asked to catch the ball much more than hill in college and I'm pretty sure his body of work is larger.  He's one of those high upside but risky players.

You gotta think though. Hill was a complete waste of a valuable 2nd round pick. Bryant wouldn't be a reach in the 4th. Plus.. I think Hill being so raw and not being involved in enough passing downs is part of the reason he sucks. Georgia Tech is a heavy running team. While Clemson was passing to the likes of Watkins and whoever else every down. It's honestly a different scenario.

You gotta think though. Hill was a complete waste of a valuable 2nd round pick. Bryant wouldn't be a reach in the 4th. Plus.. I think Hill being so raw and not being involved in enough passing downs is part of the reason he sucks. Georgia Tech is a heavy running team. While Clemson was passing to the likes of Watkins and whoever else every down. It's honestly a different scenario.

Yeah, if only we would have drafted Stephen Hill in the 5th round, he'd be a different guy. I'm not saying he's definitely Stephen Hill, but lets not make this guy out to be some sort of seasoned receiver when he caught nine passes, then ten, then 42 in his college career.

Yeah, if only we would have drafted Stephen Hill in the 5th round, he'd be a different guy. I'm not saying he's definitely Stephen Hill, but lets not make this guy out to be some sort of seasoned receiver when he caught nine passes, then ten, then 42 in his college career.

I'm not making it out to be like that... but I do think he has showed more NFL capability in that limited playing time then Hills whole career.

I agree with you.  The similarity is the issue with the hands.   I would still like to see them get an impact player or two in the 4th rd this year. Maybe I'm valuing the later picks a little high right now, but I would rather them not start the 'depth" picks until the 5th if possible.  Hey we got Kerley in the 5th and he was good from the get go so we can definitely nab someone who contributes for us this year here with our three 4th's.

sure as hell looks like he has good control of his body unlike Stephen Hill

You've probably got a better read on him than me, so fair enough. But it still worries me.

Oh for sure.. I mean any player can flop out

And Bryant is almost an experimental player in the fact that we don't really know how he would turn out with limited playing time. Idk. I just have a good feeling about the kid.

Isn't he Stephen Hill 2.0?

Even if he is, there's nothing wrong with taking that type of guy in R4.

Fans forget that WRs usually take 2-3 years to pan out. Keenan Allen's are rare. Most guys like Miles Austin, who kicked around the Dallas org for a couple years and then BOOM he was stud for them.

I think Abbrederis, Ellington or Bryant would be a fine addition today. The reality is, the top 3 WRs on this team are already on the roster: Decker, Kerley, Hill, Jacoby Ford, Nelson. That is why Amaro and Cumby are a great pair of investments this off-season. I expect an uptick in the super popular 12 personnel grouping from us.

Even if he is, there's nothing wrong with taking that type of guy in R4.

Fans forget that WRs usually take 2-3 years to pan out. Keenan Allen's are rare. Most guys like Miles Austin, who kicked around the Dallas org for a couple years and then BOOM he was stud for them.

I think Abbrederis, Ellington or Bryant would be a fine addition today. The reality is, the top 3 WRs on this team are already on the roster: Decker, Kerley, Hill, Jacoby Ford, Nelson. That is why Amaro and Cumby are a great pair of investments this off-season. I expect an uptick in the super popular 12 personnel grouping from us.

100% agree. If you look at it.. Our offense Is a million times better then last year even without a sure starter at QB....again.

There are still jets draft visits available. I still think we're taking one of them because they probably rank highly on the jets board. Out of them, i think they go walt powell or tom savage. Mcgill if they don't mind double dipping.

I do like bryant or abbraderis here though but don't see it happening. bryant is a size-speed guy that doesn't know how to play receiver, but he's a perfect 4th round guy to work as a project.

There are still jets draft visits available. I still think we're taking one of them because they probably rank highly on the jets board. Out of them, i think they go walt powell or tom savage. Mcgill if they don't mind double dipping.

I do like bryant or abbraderis here though but don't see it happening. bryant is a size-speed guy that doesn't know how to play receiver, but he's a perfect 4th round guy to work as a project.

Abbrederis seems like Brian Robiskie to me.

Intangibles 4 Suspended (academics) for 2012 Chick-fil-A Bowl game vs. LSU. Multiple NFL scouts have voiced concerns regarding 'mental capacity'. Also concerns about 'clutter' and 'distractions' in his life. Was disciplined (missed portion of Wake Forest game) for giving throat-slash gesture vs. N.C. State in 2013.

DISTRACTION IN HIS LIFE AND CONCERN ABOUT HIS MENTAL CAPACITY.  No wonder with all his talents and coming from a good program, he is still available. I can see the Pats taking a chance on this guy. Even if this guy turn out to be somewhat good; he could be a headcase and a cancer in the locker room.

Archived