Dia de Muerto - Mafia Win

DPR

1. Pac - MAFIA - Lynched D2
2. AVM - town or cult, no read since recruiting night
3. Lizard King - derptown or cult, leaning cult the way he's throwing fuel on my fire with arsis
4. Lily - town or cult, leaning town for now due to her reading me as town but that's subject to change
5. Leelou -TOWN - Nightkilled N2
6. Ape - town or cult, no read since recruiting night
7. Hally - town or mafia, I'm not sure I can see a Pac, Wombat, Arsis, Hallia team so I'm leaning town right now but she could be mafia and some of my reads wrong I guess
8. Nolder - still town bitches
9. 80 - town or cult, pretty sure he'd go on a cult at first opportunity but have no evidence he's on one besides the thing with AVM
10. JiF - playing low, town or cult, leaning cult due to being quiet still
11. Wombat - mafia
12. SMC - town or cult, no read since recruiting night, hoping he's town since I gifted him my item
13. Crush - town or cult, haven't seen much from the big guy in awhile but I had a town read on him so I hope he stuck around and didn't join a cult
14. Verb - I'm still town on verb. He seems to genuinely want to hunt mafia and cult still but he's getting tripped up by scum
15. Smash - this idiots still playing?
16. Arsis - mafia or cult, I had a town read on him before but I think that was wrong. he was either scum all along or he's scum now
17. Hess - the one true agent of chaos, can never read him, cult or town leaning town slightly
18. Lia - cult or town, leaning town due to being new and dont see people wanting to form a team with a newbie plus I've liked a lot of her voting pattern

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it's called town. Hope you're still on it.

Obviously.

What I don't get about your move here to stay off the Verbal train is that you are banking more on guessing he is not mafia and guessing he hasn't joined a cult, than you are on knowing you are town, because you'd rather save him than save yourself.

In reading through your reads on players - you suggest Verbal wants to scum hunt, but as I pointed out earlier today I think he hit the ground cult hunting and I called him on it. Anything he's said to now shift to scum hunting seems reactionary to the points I've made.

Which means your "read" on him sounds like BS. You sound like someone trying to keep the guy with 2 poisons alive, if you ask me.

18. Lia - cult or town, leaning town due to being new and dont see people wanting to form a team with a newbie plus I've liked a lot of her voting pattern

You liked it when she voted Wombat instead of Pac, confirmed scum, in the post by her that I've bumped a handful of times already? 

What I don't get about your move here to stay off the Verbal train is that you are banking more on guessing he is not mafia and guessing he hasn't joined a cult, than you are on knowing you are town, because you'd rather save him than save yourself.

I assume you mean on knowing HE is town?

I'm confident he isn't mafia. I saw how he played before recruiting happened.

Could he be cult? Sure it's possible but I haven't seen anything to suggest it just yet.

As for saving him over myself. I'm not the top train so I'm not actually forced to make the decision.

I think I would though because as town Verbal is more of an asset than I am I think. He's better at logically explaining his position than I am and picks up on a lot of things I don't. Overall he's more important to the town so if I'm confident enough to give my life away to keep him in the game that should tell you my position on Verbal whether it makes sense or not.

In reading through your reads on players - you suggest Verbal wants to scum hunt, but as I pointed out earlier today I think he hit the ground cult hunting and I called him on it. Anything he's said to now shift to scum hunting seems reactionary to the points I've made.

So he was scum hunting...what's wrong with that? That falls in line with exactly what I said.

The shift has come because of the heat he's getting. It gets harder to hunt when you have to defend.

This is true of all people in all games.

Which means your "read" on him sounds like BS. You sound like someone trying to keep the guy with 2 poisons alive, if you ask me.

Well that's true but it has nothing to do with poison.

Current Vote Count

Verb (7) - SMC, Crush, Hess, Ape, Lizard, Wombat, AVM

Nolder (2) - Smash, Jif

Wombat (2) - Lia, Nolder

Hally (1) - Lily

With 16 Players, it takes 9 to lynch

Deadline in 1.5 hours.

I'm only voting Verbal because of the deadline in 1.5hr . I'd rather the chance at getting a scum then not. I still like Crusher/nol for scum. I like verb more for cult then scum. Which wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

vote Verb

Current Vote Count

Verb (8) - SMC, Crush, Hess, Ape, Lizard, Wombat, AVM, Arsis

Nolder (2) - Smash, Jif

Wombat (2) - Lia, Nolder

Hally (1) - Lily

Deadline in 1.5 hours.

Unvote

Vote Verbal

Current Vote Count

Verb (8) - SMC, Crush, Hess, Ape, Lizard, Wombat, AVM, Arsis

Nolder (2) - Smash, Jif

Wombat (2) - Lia, Nolder

Hally (1) - Lily

Deadline in 1.5 hours.

Mistake or ???

And if I'm wrong, then how do you interpret DPR's post to me?

I interpret DPR's post as implying that people who aren't town can recruit.  Which doesn't tell us anything.  We already knew cult could recruit if the sequence is right, and mafia being able to recruit wouldn't have to mean that mafia could become cult.

Final Vote Count

Verb (9) - SMC, Crush, Hess, Ape, Lizard, Wombat, AVM, Arsis, JiF

Nolder (1) - Smash

Wombat (2) - Lia, Nolder

Hally (1) - Lily

Deadline in 1.5 hours.

Although, personally, I think mafia probably can't recruit.

It would break the balance of the game imo. You have to assume that since last game had 3/12 mafia. This one has 5 mafia +/- 1. If they recruit that would give them a voting majority after the first recruiting phase.

It would break the balance of the game imo. You have to assume that since last game had 3/12 mafia. This one has 5 mafia +/- 1. If they recruit that would give them a voting majority after the first recruiting phase.

It could be balanced if they had limited shots, but I don't see that in this game.

Although, personally, I think mafia probably can't recruit.

I don't think Mafia can recruit or Join other teams unless they started with 2 players and were limited to 1 recruit each.

Its also possible they can not be recruited either. Although that would make a nice spy situation if they could be recruited.

"I've seen night-crawlers on hooks wiggle less than him. Lynch his ass!" 80 tests the hangman's knot to find that it slides smoothly.

"Now hold on - you're not thinking this through. All I said was-"

"He's talking in circles!" Arsis sneers

The rest of the crowd eyes each other warily. Each knowing full well that not only are there mafia out there, but now the people that were once their allies could now be their enemies. It is an unsettling thought, to say the least.

"Sun's going down. Anyone want to cast that last vote?"

JiF leans against a post in from of the saloon, chewing on the end of a match.

"I already did."

A quick check proves he's right and the noose is dropped over Verbal's head. He is quickly marched up the gallows and made to stand ver the trap-door.

He stares across the faces that look back at him and shales his head no.

VERBAL, CULT, HAS BEEN LYNCHED. 

A voice calls out to JiF...

"Much obliged to you."

JiF nods and spits into the dirt. "No problem. Do it all the time. I'm Batman."

IT IS NOW NIGHT. YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO SUBMIT YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS."

Archived