Geno Smith MIA from charity event due to illness

T0mShane

Jets quarterback Geno Smith calls out sick from school charity event, per report

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/06/geno_smith_calls_out_sick_from_school_event_per_report.html

Jets quarterback Geno Smith canceled a scheduled day-long appearance at an elementary school in New York City on Friday because of an illness, according to a report.

Smith had been slated to serve as "principal for a day" at P.S. 33 in Queens Village, N.Y., but shortly before his day was set to begin at 10 a.m., Newsday's Kimberley A. Martin reported that he would be absent because of a stomach flu.

In addition to interacting with students in kindergarten, first, and fifth grades as "principal for a day," Smith was going to help distribute coloring and reading books donated by Sarah Fox, a 16-year-old Long Island high school student.

Fox had held a book drive as part of a service project to raise the money to buy the books. She was scheduled to join Smith as his "assistant principal for a day."

Newsday's Martin also reported that the books would still be given to the children.

Smith's appearance was arranged through Athletes for Charity, which has a Youth Literacy Initiative that aligns athletes to serve as "principal for a day" at schools to deliver new books and to promote literacy and reading skills.

The Jets this week had organized team activities on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but Friday was an off day. They're scheduled to resume OTAs this coming Monday.

Bill Parcells would've disciplined the flu right out of him.

I was driving this morning and came up with an excellent retort to one of your wobbly anti-Parcells talking points, but I'm going to save it for when Rex gets fired and you all turn on him.

I was driving this morning and came up with an excellent retort to one of your wobbly anti-Parcells talking points, but I'm going to save it for when Rex gets fired and you all turn on him.

I'm still shocked anyone cares about stuff like this. Like when you decided to post this did you think this was groundbreaking?

Literally all that matters is what he does for those 3 hours on Sunday if he breaks the law or not. Other then that no one should give a sh*t what these guys do

It's so funny that bunch of dudes watching football want to turn football into a soap opera every week.

I'm still shocked anyone cares about stuff like this. Like when you decided to post this did you think this was groundbreaking?

Literally all that matters is what he does for those 3 hours on Sunday if he breaks the law or not. Other then that no one should give a sh*t what these guys do

It's so funny that bunch of dudes watching football want to turn football into a soap opera every week.

Whoa. Whoa.

I guess you should just visit JetNation during those 3 hours then.

Who gives a sh*t otherwise?

Archived