I am so happy. Idzik is the man!

stevegrunder

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if it is a case of loving Idzik. He is different. He goes about things in a different way and he does not give a sh*t what anybody thinks about it. He is not taking advice from anyone and not giving much info. To me this is refreshing. If people around here need a daily fix from the Jets, it is perfectly understandable that John would piss them off.

This is why they don't play the games. Amiright?

Yeah. Wins and losses happen on the field, not on paper. I'll say this, though. It concerns me more than a stupid bleacher report article or an ESPN analyst's opinion would. The guys at PFF know their stuff.

To be fair, a lot can change with camp cuts or if we pull a huge coup, like trading for Andre Johnson.

Jets fans bitch about players before one game has even been played. As far as I'm concerned, the soap opera atmosphere that the nfl wants everyone to follow 12 months a year in the long run doesn't matter. All that matters is 16 Sundays during the regular season that really decide anything. No ones opinion really matters either. Not even this one.

I don't know if it is a case of loving Idzik. He is different. He goes about things in a different way and he does not give a sh*t what anybody thinks about it. He is not taking advice from anyone and not giving much info. To me this is refreshing. If people around here need a daily fix from the Jets, it is perfectly understandable that John would piss them off.

I don't care what he says, I care what he does. 

GM's build the team, coaches coach. Generally, the overall record reflects on the GM whereas the record in comparison to the anticipated results reflects on the coach. That's my opinion at least.

So basically, both Idzik and Rex went 8-8 last season, but Idzik deserves to be fired because we missed the playoffs, while Rex deserves an extension because he outperformed the predictions of some chucklehead on ESPN.

Wow your panties are all wadded up because of a guess?  LOL

So basically, both Idzik and Rex went 8-8 last season, but Idzik deserves to be fired because we missed the playoffs, while Rex deserves an extension because he outperformed the predictions of some chucklehead on ESPN.

No, because for one thing, I wouldn't fire a GM based on his 1st season, except maybe if he went 0-16 and did a bunch of things to embarrass the organization publicly.  For another thing, Idzik wasn't able to do much with the roster last season due to the cap situation.

I don't think many people had a problem with idzik last year. I think they are bitching over what idzik has done this year

Yeah. Wins and losses happen on the field, not on paper. I'll say this, though. It concerns me more than a stupid bleacher report article or an ESPN analyst's opinion would. The guys at PFF know their stuff.

To be fair, a lot can change with camp cuts or if we pull a huge coup, like trading for Andre Johnson.

Trade for Andre Johnson? WTF are you talking about?

Given that you are one drawn-out unintelligible meltdown... I'm not putting a lot of stock in any "they know their stuff" point of view you have.

LMFAO

Trade for Andre Johnson? WTF are you talking about?

I'm not saying that I expect a trade for Andre Johnson. I'm saying if they did pull off a trade like that, it would make a substantial difference. I'm using that as an example to show that the current roster can and will change between now and opening day. If Idzik wants to consider this offseason a success, he's got a lot of work left to do.

I'm not saying that I expect a trade for Andre Johnson. I'm saying if they did pull off a trade like that, it would make a substantial difference. I'm using that as an example to show that the current roster can and will change between now and opening day. If Idzik wants to consider this offseason a success, he's got a lot of work left to do.

I think you mean... "If Idzik wants YOU to consider this offseason a success"

I think you mean... "If Idzik wants YOU to consider this offseason a success"

Absolutely. He's free to believe that this offseason was a success, despite the fact that he didn't make the team noticeably better. In the same way, you're free to believe you're the Queen of England.

PLAYER POS STATUS FROM TO YEARS DOLLARS SIGNED
Aqib Talib CB Signed NE DEN 6 $57,000,000 Mar 11
Vontae Davis CB Signed IND IND 4 $36,000,000 Mar 11
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB Signed DEN NYG 5 $35,000,000 Mar 17
Alterraun Verner CB Signed TEN TB 4 $25,750,000 Mar 11
Corey Graham CB Signed BAL BUF 4 $16,300,000 Mar 12
Brandon Browner CB Signed SEA NE 3 $12,350,000 Mar 14
Darrelle Revis CB Signed TB NE 1 $12,000,000 Mar 12
Captain Munnerlyn CB Signed CAR MIN 3 $11,250,000 Mar 13
Cortland Finnegan CB Signed STL MIA 2 $11,000,000 Mar 14
Tracy Porter CB Signed OAK WAS 2 $6,250,000 Mar 13
Champ Bailey CB Signed DEN NO 2 $3,750,000 Apr 4
Nolan Carroll CB Signed MIA PHI 2 $3,650,000 Mar 13
Antonio Cromartie CB Signed NYJ ARI 1 $3,500,000 Mar 20
Tarell Brown CB Signed SF OAK 1 $3,500,000 Mar 14
Charles Tillman CB Signed CHI CHI 1 $3,250,000 Mar 14
Walter Thurmond CB Signed SEA NYG 1 $3,000,000 Mar 16
Dimitri Patterson CB Signed MIA NYJ 1 $3,000,000 Apr 1
Brandon Flowers CB Signed KC SD 1 $3,000,000 Jun 24
Carlos Rogers CB Signed SF OAK 1 $2,500,000 Apr 1
Will Blackmon CB Signed JAC JAC 2 $1,875,000 Mar 11
Brandon Ghee CB Signed CIN SD 2 $1,605,000 Mar 13
Marcus Roberson CB Signed (UFDA) STL 3 $1,545,000 May 21
Isaiah Trufant CB Signed NYJ CLE 2 $1,540,000 Mar 11

for those that like to deal with facts ...

Damn.  How much do we all wish we had DRC, who had one good year and who talked about retirement this off season, on the payroll for the next 5 years?

Alterraun Verner CB Signed TEN TB 4 $25,750,000 Mar 11

that one hurt

Zone corner.  He fits Lovie's Cover 2 nicely but not our system.  There's good reason why he only fetched $6.5M per while other corners were getting $8M or more.  He hasn't proven he can play the position with his back turned on the QB.

Zone corner.  He fits Lovie's Cover 2 nicely but not our system.  There's good reason why he only fetched $6.5M per while other corners were getting $8M or more.  He hasn't proven he can play the position with his back turned on the QB.

ok cool txs

He's a 25 year old who has played at a pro bowl level in the NFL who the hell wants him?!

Archived