Trade for Ravens WR Torrey Smith

joewilly12

Do you have him in fantasy or something?

I think if you have someone in fantasy the last thing you want is for them to end up on the Jets. The guy he's playing this week probably has him in fantasy.

yeah about to say i think he's facing him in fantasy this week

F*ck it, just go sign Jerome Simpson if he's not canned for half the season.  Dude is a walking suspension, but at least he can actually play football.  We have a giant void of WRs who can play the game of football on our team.

haha true   he can back flip too

Time for Idzik to call around and improve this team we need a CB and a WR.

We need a guard more than we need a WR or CB in my opinion. How many drives have Colon messed up with his penalties? How many times has the Jets put together a drive to be halted by a Winters suddenly becoming a revolving door which either caused a sack (Check the GB or CHI game) or caused a momentum changing INT (again, check the GB game). 

We for sure need another WR, and though I really like Pryor, its starting to look like we should have drafted either Cooks or (and I can't believe I'm saying this) Kelvin Benjamin. And even if we didnt get them in the 1st round, we certainly should have satisfied that position in the 2nd or maybe 3rd round because Jace Amaro replacing Cumby isn't as productive for our offense as bringing in a WR because we simply didnt have any. 

As a side note, why is Jalen Saunders not part of the Jets offense? Has he even seen a snap this season? And not to sound like I have just contradicted myself with the "not having any WR's comment, in relation to my thoughts of needing a guards more, I just think that with a WR you need to really build that chemistry which isn't really an overnight kind of thing. With guards, they're more of a plug-and-play position which would help out the WR's we currently have by protecting Geno better as well as helping out the run game. 

Getting another WR now I wouldnt say wont provide something to the offense, but if Colon continues with his drive killing penalties, and if Winters continues to find key moments to simply let a defender through the line then it simply wont matter who we have as WR's because Geno will be on his back. 

We need a guard more than we need a WR or CB in my opinion. How many drives have Colon messed up with his penalties? How many times has the Jets put together a drive to be halted by a Winters suddenly becoming a revolving door which either caused a sack (Check the GB or CHI game) or caused a momentum changing INT (again, check the GB game). 

We for sure need another WR, and though I really like Pryor, its starting to look like we should have drafted either Cooks or (and I can't believe I'm saying this) Kelvin Benjamin. And even if we didnt get them in the 1st round, we certainly should have satisfied that position in the 2nd or maybe 3rd round because Jace Amaro replacing Cumby isn't as productive for our offense as bringing in a WR because we simply didnt have any. 

As a side note, why is Jalen Saunders not part of the Jets offense? Has he even seen a snap this season? And not to sound like I have just contradicted myself with the "not having any WR's comment, in relation to my thoughts of needing a guards more, I just think that with a WR you need to really build that chemistry which isn't really an overnight kind of thing. With guards, they're more of a plug-and-play position which would help out the WR's we currently have by protecting Geno better as well as helping out the run game. 

Getting another WR now I wouldnt say wont provide something to the offense, but if Colon continues with his drive killing penalties, and if Winters continues to find key moments to simply let a defender through the line then it simply wont matter who we have as WR's because Geno will be on his back. 

Agree but who?

richie-incognito-1024x768.jpg

He can't even do what we drafted him to do. That's why we put in Kerley as PR. 

Saunders wears cleats, we haven't had rain in any of our games and he manages to slip everytime he has the ball. 

He's finished. Was a bad pick.

He can't even do what we drafted him to do. That's why we put in Kerley as PR. 

Saunders wears cleats, we haven't had rain in any of our games and he manages to slip everytime he has the ball. 

He's finished. Was a bad pick.

Kerley was put in at PR because Saunders got hurt during that play yesterday. It looked like doctors were checking him under his pads yesterday. Besides, he's still a shifty WR. Marty seriously can't create a couple plays for him yet can create plays for our backup QB that basically kills a down every time? Also, how terrible is the coaching if when he muffs one punt they pull him out? How many chances did they give Stephen Hill, and he wasnt even a "wide receiver"? 

Kerley was put in at PR because Saunders got hurt during that play yesterday. It looked like doctors were checking him under his pads yesterday. Besides, he's still a shifty WR. Marty seriously can't create a couple plays for him yet can create plays for our backup QB that basically kills a down every time? Also, how terrible is the coaching if when he muffs one punt they pull him out? How many chances did they give Stephen Hill, and he wasnt even a "wide receiver"? 

I think it comes down to potential. Hill was a really fast 6'4 receiver who was drafted as a project, and saunders is 5'8 and weighs 170 pounds whose quick and agile, but hasn't made one nice play on PR, not even one 11 yard run yet. I'm not shocked he's not getting reps on offense but I would be shocked if Decker's hamstring keeps up and he doesn't even get a shot. Then I'll agree the coaching is terrible. But right now I don't think he deserves it. 

I think it comes down to potential. Hill was a really fast 6'4 receiver who was drafted as a project, and saunders is 5'8 and weighs 170 pounds whose quick and agile, but hasn't made one nice play on PR, not even one 11 yard run yet. I'm not shocked he's not getting reps on offense but I would be shocked if Decker's hamstring keeps up and he doesn't even get a shot. Then I'll agree the coaching is terrible. But right now I don't think he deserves it. 

It does come down to potential, which it would be safe to say is why they drafted both of them. My problem is why are they not creating anything based on his potential? They are more concerned about the yesteryear of Vick and Johnson instead of the potential of Saunders. 

You made the statement that Saunders hasn't made one nice play as a PR, yeah....in 3 games. Hill has been in the league for 3 years and has about 3 nice plays, all against the Buffalo Bills which doesnt count lol. 

Obviously they believe his potential is to get him into some sort of space and provide him with at least a good block and he should be off to the races, hence the reason why they have him as the PR. Well, if thats the case then they can do the same thing on offense. Set some screen or bubble or trick play that allows him to get the ball in his hand with space and a good block and let him show what he can or can't do. Sitting him on the sideline, especially when we're thin at WR is nonsensical. 

No but with Decker having that nagging injury that could last awhile I don't think we are helping our QB improve with Nelson,Salas and Hakim do you?

This is just insane, two year under Idzik and we still suffering from lack of talents on offense.  Decker was a good addition but two years to acquire one playmaker.  Could had drafted Benjamin, Cooks, or sign in Antonio Brown who was a lot cheaper than Decker.  If this guy could not pull it off during the offseason, I have zero confidence that he could bring anybody during the season.   

It does come down to potential, which it would be safe to say is why they drafted both of them. My problem is why are they not creating anything based on his potential? They are more concerned about the yesteryear of Vick and Johnson instead of the potential of Saunders. 

You made the statement that Saunders hasn't made one nice play as a PR, yeah....in 3 games. Hill has been in the league for 3 years and has about 3 nice plays, all against the Buffalo Bills which doesnt count lol. 

Obviously they believe his potential is to get him into some sort of space and provide him with at least a good block and he should be off to the races, hence the reason why they have him as the PR. Well, if thats the case then they can do the same thing on offense. Set some screen or bubble or trick play that allows him to get the ball in his hand with space and a good block and let him show what he can or can't do. Sitting him on the sideline, especially when we're thin at WR is nonsensical. 

We could always raid Hill from the Panthers practice squad.

This is just insane, two year under Idzik and we still suffering from lack of talents on offense.  Decker was a good addition but two years to acquire one playmaker.  Could had drafted Benjamin, Cooks, or sign in Antonio Brown who was a lot cheaper than Decker.  If this guy could not pull it off during the offseason, I have zero confidence that he could bring anybody during the season.   

The Jets suck at drafting skill players. Always have. Backs, receivers and tight ends...generally we draft crappy ones.

Archived