Wow great debate about Geno & the Jets right now on MNF

CobraVerde

no.

let's say Smith is a lost cause and Vick (assuming he doesn't destroy an ankle or blow out a hammy calling time out) leads us to 7-9, 8-8, whatever.

HOW DOES THAT HELP?

all guarantees is that we don't get a high enough draft pick to get a different, franchise caliber QB. at this point, play Geno. either he blows and we get a high draft pick or he doesn't and we keep going. putting Vick in solves nothing. Vick is definitely not the future.

As much as I want to turn this season around, I agree with this. Keep Geno in, and let him put us in position to draft the next QB of the team.

As much as I want to turn this season around, I agree with this. Keep Geno in, and let him put us in position to draft the next QB of the team.

I just cant root for draft position in september. Just cant do it. Not with the division being wide open.

and lets get real technical in his time with the eagles  never did he throw for more int's than TD's matter of fact it was 57-33 all good ones throw alot of int's because they pass alot but they usually pass for more td's than int's every year.

and he had 9,984 yards including 2,000 rushing yards and 13 td's.

geno on the other hand 20 games 16 td's and 26 int's and 3,968 yards in 20 games and 454 yards rushing.

vick last 21 games 35 td's and 27 int's with 6,880 yards passing with 1,227 yards rushing.

so all this means vick 8,107 yards gained

smith 4,422 gained

difference of 3,685 more yards vick can bring to the team in same amount of time that is alot more scoring opportunities.

it looks bad in philly because he did not  have a defense to help him out unlike he would have here.

At this stage I want this team to post a record that gets Rex and Idzik both Fired. I can't deal with another year of incompetent football and a GM who has absolutely no eye for talent and cant get his priorities straight/ This bullsh!t about best player available is laughable especially when you draft your teams biggest needs as reaches in the middle rounds

At this stage I want this team to post a record that gets Rex and Idzik both Fired. I can't deal with another year of incompetent football and a GM who has absolutely no eye for talent and cant get his priorities straight/ This bullsh!t about best player available is laughable especially when you draft your teams biggest needs as reaches in the middle rounds

Maybe I will be with you in week 10 but September is just too early for me.

someone made a good point yesterday, the lions have the best defense in football and held the packers to 7 points

it actually just makes things more frustrating, this is the third loss that was in their grasp if they just get "average" play from the offense

Maybe I will be with you in week 10 but September is just too early for me.

I hear ya man, I've always been the optimistic Jets fan but these past 6 years are just too much. I mean for example in 2011 coming off 2 AFC Campionship games this team Thought it a good Idea to sign a 34 and 36 year old pair of WR's sign the malcontent Holmes to a 50mil contract and ignore the Offensive line with numerous players available. Now our last two drafts might very well yield 3 maybe 4 players out of what ? 19 Picks ... This is reaching Rich Kotite levels., While I think Rex is a good DC He is certainly not a good Head Coach in fact he's terrible at managing this football team. At least during the Kotite years we picked up some good talent that eventully led to a pretty good run before Vinny got hurt. Even with Mangini this team was organized and not the Hot mess we are currently dealing with. They are simply hard to watch at this stage

I hear ya man, I've always been the optimistic Jets fan but these past 6 years are just too much. I mean for example in 2011 coming off 2 AFC Campionship games this team Thought it a good Idea to sign a 34 and 36 year old pair of WR's sign the malcontent Holmes to a 50mil contract and ignore the Offensive line with numerous players available. Now our last two drafts might very well yield 3 maybe 4 players out of what ? 19 Picks ... This is reaching Rich Kotite levels., While I think Rex is a good DC He is certainly not a good Head Coach in fact he's terrible at managing this football team. At least during the Kotite years we picked up some good talent that eventully led to a pretty good run before Vinny got hurt. Even with Mangini this team was organized and not the Hot mess we are currently dealing with. They are simply hard to watch at this stage

Hang in there... your support group is here :)

You know what sucks? Geno is on track for worse than that.

There's just no way he can be this bad. I still haven't been able to accept it.

If Vicks did all that with all the talents in philly on offense then there is no doubt that he will guarantee us a first pick in next year draft.

If Vicks did all that with all the talents in philly on offense then there is no doubt that he will guarantee us a first pick in next year draft.

At least Marty can open the play book for Vick. Imagine how spectacular the interceptions will be!

bullsh*t. whats the point? let him play. either he has the talent and mental toughness to do the job or he doesn't. not gonna find out with him on the bench to watch vick suck a little bit less.

I actually think that Geno's turnovers come from thinking too much rather than thinking too little.  The fear of mistakes causes mistakes, if you will.  He is not late because he has bad timing.  He is late because he is re thinking his decisions.  Just wing it.  If your instincts are good, you will have success.  Think too much, you are not trusting your instincts, and you always fail.  If your preparation is really good, you should not have to mull things over int he middle of a play. This is the year to find out about Geno.  Guys like Favre and even Romo get away with their slew of mistakes because they also throw TD passes.  Fans will accept 15 or 16 INTs if you are throwing 30 TD passes. If Geno was actually doing something in the red zone we would be pooh poohing his TOs.  And we might be 2-2 or 3-1.

I actually think that Geno's turnovers come from thinking too much rather than thinking too little.  The fear of mistakes causes mistakes, if you will.  He is not late because he has bad timing.  He is late because he is re thinking his decisions.  Just wing it.  If your instincts are good, you will have success.  Think too much, you are not trusting your instincts, and you always fail.  If your preparation is really good, you should not have to mull things over int he middle of a play. This is the year to find out about Geno.  Guys like Favre and even Romo get away with their slew of mistakes because they also throw TD passes.  Fans will accept 15 or 16 INTs if you are throwing 30 TD passes. If Geno was actually doing something in the red zone we would be pooh poohing his TOs.  And we might be 2-2 or 3-1.

You are hitting the nail on the head. Anyone would take a 30TD/25INT QB over a 12TD/10INT QB, even though the TD/INT ratios are the same.

Steve Young is once again the smartest guy in the room. 

While Steve Young does have some credibility with his SB rings and HOF induction, but how many posts does he have?  Yeah...thought so!

Archived