Rich Gannon "He's is an accident waiting to happen"

DonCorleone

Based on memory, I don't think he did that till 5-6 years into his career.

Gannon was a career backup until he had a few good games filling in for Elvis Grbac in Kansas City.  Then he went to Oakland and was a perfect fit for Gruden's system throwing to Jerry Rice and Tim Brown.

Knowing Woody he is not going to aggressively go after a big-time coach or GM in the off-season.  He's probably going to keep Idzik and have him sign an assistant off Seattle's staff and that's it.  Maybe we draft a qb but more likely we sign a scrub like Matt Moore to "push" Geno.

I completely agree with you. Idzik isn't going anywhere. I think the reason he passed on Gamble when he hired this buffoon was a money issue. 

But by the end of the year he was exposed for what he is. Don't think that will happen to Mariota. We'll see

I guess, but who does Oregon play for him to get exposed? Also, who was the last Oregon QB to be successful in the NFL?

Geno has been comically bad on the field the past two weeks. He cursed out a fan and missed a meeting off of it. The fact that he's playing again this Sunday is really so typical of this organization.

rex the brainiac still hasn't figured out that if you don't hold people accountable when they screw up, they will keep screwing up. oh but he's developing as a HC; maybe he will figure that part out in year 7.

Even at his worst, Gannon's worst season in terms of TD/INT ratio when he actually started double-digit games was 12/13...we pray Geno can rise to that level.

reminds me of that MAD TV skit...lowered expectations...

Hoping Geno can be as good as Gannon's worst

rex the brainiac still hasn't figured out that if you don't hold people accountable when they screw up, they will keep screwing up. oh but he's developing as a HC; maybe he will figure that part out in year 7.

That's fun to say, but even Idzik himself said that the decision to start Geno this week was an organizational one. Read: it was his decision. 

That's fun to say, but even Idzik himself said that the decision to start Geno this week was an organizational one. Read: it was his decision.

Mo wilk, santonio, Sanchez but three examples of guys who also should've been benched. I guess idzik was sending mind waves to Rex about santonio and Sanchez from Seattle too? And I guess idzik has to approve the benching of EVERY player? That yor theory here? Rex has the reputation. I doubt he called idzik an said "he missed a meeting jonn, I gotta send a message or I will lose credibility and these guys will walk all over me" and idzik "said tough luck pal you will do no such thing!" Rex was never a discipline guy before idzik came along. No, he doesn't get a pass on this one.

Mo wilk, santonio, Sanchez but three examples of guys who also should've been benched.  

Rex was never a discipline guy before idzik came along. No, he doesn't get a pass on this one.

Not many coaches in this league would willingly bench their team MVP.  For what? Smiling while getting ejected? 

And in this case, Wilk is one of the few players on the roster with proven talent. an NFL HC isn't going there willingly. 

Not many coaches in this league would willingly bench their team MVP. For what? Smiling while getting ejected?

And in this case, Wilk is one of the few players on the roster with proven talent. an NFL HC isn't going there willingly.

One series, because he disrespected his coach by acting like the little chat he had with rex was a joke or no big deal. It all adds up. No consequences for showing the world you dont care a lick about disappointng your coach. Not sure if rex said "keep your eyes down and get your ass to the locker room" or not, but either way it signals a major problem--either rex just cant even gently rebuke "his guys" or they just dont give a ****

Yup, I feel the same way.

This is why when everyone was throwing a party that we got Geno in the second round, and basically putting Idzik in Canton, I was not happy at all.

The high probability scenario is he is a waste of 2-3 years and will not amount to anything.

Personally, the older I get, the less tolerance I have for throwing away 2-3 years. This is why the draft pick means nothing, its the time that really matters. It will look disastrous if any of  Bridgewater, Manziel or Garappolo amount to a good QB.

Ditto.  I personally liked Garappolo---  of course he will be terrific and Geno will bust.   Same ole Jets.   I even think we got suckered on Decker and CJ2K--   Decker is injury prone- ( what else)  and CJ is a shadow of his old self.   I'm ok with Idzik saving some cash, but we gotta get better players; and start over with a new coach..... Rex is 15-25  in his last 40 games.    Time to move on. Maybe Jim Harbaugh...?

Archived