2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Repeat that to yourselves. Aaron Affalo, Robin Lopez, and Mikhail Baryshnikov. Jackson got paid $12 million for that.

He's actually pocketed $24 million.

That said, I like these signings to the extent they're cap friendly under current structure and AA and The Better Lopez fits with Melo.

I give Jax credit for not going all in on pipe dream like Walsh then blow it on the likes of Amare.

He's actually pocketed $24 million.

That said, I like these signings to the extent they're cap friendly under current structure and AA and The Better Lopez fits with Melo.

I give Jax credit for not going all in on pipe dream like Walsh then blow it on the likes of Amare.

Except he did. He made offers to all of them. That he lucked into not locking us into a gazillion dollars for Monroe isn't exactly deserving of credit.

Except he did. He made offers to all of them. That he lucked into not locking us into a gazillion dollars for Monroe isn't exactly deserving of credit.

Like I've said, Jax has always been lucky.

Mind you, Jax also tried to trade for Dragic in the middle of tanking.

Phil did what he was supposed to do he got under the cap too bad most NBA stars are too p-ssy for NY.

Knicks have to do it old fashioned way develop young draft picks like Porzingis and Grant and sign complimentary players like Lopez and Affalo.

Repeat that to yourselves. Aaron Affalo, Robin Lopez, and Mikhail Baryshnikov. Jackson got paid $12 million for that.

didn't he get part ownership or profit sharing, something like that as well ?

he never wanted the job, dolan just made it too much crazy $$$ to turn it down

it shows

yah but what other options are there for all these moves hes done i mean really

That's the old-fashioned way to win 30 games.

Phil had so many options when he took over. He could have easily gotten Lebron and Bosh in exchange for Shumpert.

didn't he get part ownership or profit sharing, something like that as well ?

he never wanted the job, dolan just made it too much crazy $$$ to turn it down

it shows

I think he wanted it originally, and that players would flock to him and everything would work out because he's Phil Jackson so everyone has to look at him like he's Jesus or something. Then he found out that wasn't the case, and the NY media is way harsher than he remembers, AND he actually has to do work to build a team because he's not being handed multiple hall of famers this time around, AND it's a lot more complicated than it was in the 70s...etc. And now he truly doesn't give a sh*t anymore. This is a guy that couldn't be bothered to go to blocks down to the lottery yet had the time to catch a Lady Gaga concert a few nights before the actual draft.

Phil had so many options when he took over. He could have easily gotten Lebron and Bosh in exchange for Shumpert.

Jeez, Dedroit, you're like the RayRay of Knicks fans.

You were ready to kill Jax if he drafted Porzingis then turned into a big fan. You compliment every move Jax does even when it's obvious he has messed up in many instances.

Then you're the king of strawman arguments and hyperbole.

Jax has made some good decisions and some bad. His saving grace is, despite his Twitter insistence to defend himself everyone as if he's thin skinned, he attempts counter moves to overcome those mistakes.

Yeah all Jax had to do was get those multiple all -stars GM's were offering us for JR and Shump and then do what the lakers and about 10 other franchises couldn't do and sign both Aldridge and Jordan.

I do agree we need to ditch the triangle and run a conventional half-court offense. Grant was the steal of the draft put the ball in his hands let him create.

Fisher will eventually switch to half-court anyway after start the season 0-10.

Yeah all Jax had to do was get those multiple all -stars GM's were offering us for JR and Shump and then do what the lakers and about 10 other franchises couldn't do and sign both Aldridge and Jordan.

There you go again with the hyperbole and strawman. Not a single posterin this thread has said thst Jax shouldve gotten multiple allstars for Shump and JR. Nor has anyone said Knicks shoukd sign both LMA and Jordan because it was financially impossible besides the Knicks the lack of FA desireability.

Address what is being said. Dont just make stuff up. The fact remains that Shump had value as evidenced by the fact that he agreed to a $40 million deal. Tyson has value as evidenced by the $52 million deal he just got. Jax got nothing in return from trading those players except less salary cap room.

Put Masai in charge of the Knicks and he surely gets at least 1 first rounder in those trades, maybe more.

That said, Jax did good in the draft and in getting a 1st for Hardaway. He's also done smart signings after trying for big names.

Archived