2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aka Curtis Granderson money. #playbaseballkids

Hey, if anyone deserved to be overpaid, it's that guy. He's given so much of that away. First thing he did when he signed with the Mets was take 1/3 of his salary on the year and built a new baseball stadium in Chicago for UIC and youth baseball programs.

Hey, if anyone deserved to be overpaid, it's that guy. He's given so much of that away. First thing he did when he signed with the Mets was take 1/3 of his salary on the year and built a new baseball stadium in Chicago for UIC and youth baseball programs.

Ohh it wasn't a knock on Curtis, I love that guy, one of the nicest guys in baseball. It was more just comparing the stupid money baseball players get when you think about how Suh signed the largest defensive contract in NFL history and his guaranteed money is the same as Curtis'.  I know it's not a popular sentiment to talk about how pro-athletes get a raw deal, but the NFL players absolutely get bent over a barrel every time they step to the negotiating tables. No guaranteed contracts? Geez.

Ohh it wasn't a knock on Curtis, I love that guy, one of the nicest guys in baseball. It was more just comparing the stupid money baseball players get when you think about how Suh signed the largest defensive contract in NFL history and his guaranteed money is the same as Curtis'.  I know it's not a popular sentiment to talk about how pro-athletes get a raw deal, but the NFL players absolutely get bent over a barrel every time they step to the negotiating tables. No guaranteed contracts? Geez.

Baseball players don't get hurt like football players, so teams have to protect themselves with non-guaranteed deals.  But meanwhile it's also much tougher to get onto a roster in baseball (farm system) and basketball (12 guys per team, only 1st rounders matter), so it kind of evens out.

Ohh it wasn't a knock on Curtis, I love that guy, one of the nicest guys in baseball. It was more just comparing the stupid money baseball players get when you think about how Suh signed the largest defensive contract in NFL history and his guaranteed money is the same as Curtis'. I know it's not a popular sentiment to talk about how pro-athletes get a raw deal, but the NFL players absolutely get bent over a barrel every time they step to the negotiating tables. No guaranteed contracts? Geez.

That's why I love amateur capologists telling me Russell Wilson can't get $20 million per season.

I don't even know what this stat really means

It doesn't mean anything. It's a composite of box score stats just like all of the other one-number basketball metrics. The difference is that the weights in Berri's model are the product of regression analysis and the others are basically arbitrary and fudged so the outputs align with conventional wisdom. Accordingly, wins produced explains about 95% of outcomes and nothing else is even close.

Average is .100 WP48, meaning two teams each playing five average players the whole game will each generate half a win. Fields is solidly above average and Carmelo is a human bowel movement.

It doesn't mean anything. It's a composite of box score stats just like all of the other one-number basketball metrics. The difference is that the weights in Berri's model are the product of regression analysis and the others are basically arbitrary and fudged so the outputs align with conventional wisdom. Accordingly, wins produced explains about 95% of outcomes and nothing else is even close.

Average is .100 WP48, meaning two teams each playing five average players the whole game will each generate half a win. Fields is solidly above average and Carmelo is a human bowel movement.

Thank you. As an average player myself, I appreciate the breakdown.

For context, this is the stat that has Lebron 13th. Behind Jimmy Butler and Rudy Gobert. Using regression on basketball is so fundamentally flawed and stupid.

I avoided Statistics when I was in school. I couldn't work with abstraction at all. Truth be told, I probably have a smidge of undiagnosed autism. I don't know if that's causation or what. 

Archived