2014-2015 New York Knicks

Jetlife33

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This kinda seems like Donnie Walsh déjà vu. Watch us pay Affalo like 18 per.

What's scary is the done deal reports on Monroe. They got rid of Tim because he played no D, but they're pursuing Monroe?

Monroe means Jordan can't happen, right? Not after giving Affalo $38 million too.

I think us being sh*tty means Jordan can't happen.  I'm just surprised more of these guys don't want to play in the East, it's a cakewalk to the playoffs and as long as you don't run into the Cavs or maybe the Bulls on a good day, none of them are as good as even the 6-8 seeds in the West.  

Please tell me we didn't sign Afflalo for big money!?

I think us being sh*tty means Jordan can't happen.  I'm just surprised more of these guys don't want to play in the East, it's a cakewalk to the playoffs and as long as you don't run into the Cavs or maybe the Bulls on a good day, none of them are as good as even the 6-8 seeds in the West.  

Please tell me we didn't sign Afflalo for big money!?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25228610/report-knicks-front-runners-to-sign-arron-afflalo-for-3-years-36m-38m

So the guy who sold Phil on the EuroMantis is the same guy that sold Layden on Weis over Artest. Tim Shea. He's kept his job this entire time.

Awesome.

I was just at a wedding with Scott Layden. Very tempted to talk Knicks, but why ruin what was a great reception; I felt I had great restraint that night.

I like the Porzingis pick. The man can shoot and at 6'11"+ he can SHOOTOVER ANYONE while his post and physical game develop. I also like the pick-up of his Sevilla teammate C Guillermo Heran-Gomez, solid rebounder dirty work player who is still young & developing in a 6'11" 250 lbs frame. Top that with a solid veteran PG with NBA bloodlines into the mix, and the draft was not that bad. I think Jackson has been ABSOLUTE TRASH as an executive with his personnel decisions running the knicks, but this draft SEEMS to be his saving grace so far. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TRADE AWAY CARMELO ANTHONY!!!!

Affalo I want. No I don't want Monroe get a defensive center

Pass on Afflalo.  Dude was straight up turrible for 2 of the past 3 seasons and isn't worth anywhere near the $12m per he'll get on a multi-year deal.

If you're telling me he's getting a 1-yr deal as a roster filler, I could live with that, but also know that won't be the case.  He's a replacement-level player at this point, without the tantalizing upside he was once thought to have.

Pass on Afflalo. Dude was straight up turrible for 2 of the past 3 seasons and isn't worth anywhere near the $12m per he'll get on a multi-year deal.

If you're telling me he's getting a 1-yr deal as a roster filler, I could live with that, but also know that won't be the case. He's a replacement-level player at this point, without the tantalizing upside he was once thought to have.

He's a good perimeter defender. That's about it. There are lots of those in the league that can be had for not $12 million.

When did Affalo become worth $12 million a year?  Crazy times.  But, I swear, at one time the Knicks signed Chris Dudley for $12 million.  So who knows?

It's especially insane when you see stuff like this:

Granted, there's a good chance that Green is nowhere near as effective on any team other than the Spurs, but there's no way I wouldn't take him over Afflalo at the same cost, let alone for 20% less annually.

Then again, we mustn't forget that our esteemed Zenmaster is determined to prove that it's better to shoot 48% on 2PA than it is to shoot 35% from downtown, so throw logic out the window.

Pass on Afflalo. Dude was straight up turrible for 2 of the past 3 seasons and isn't worth anywhere near the $12m per he'll get on a multi-year deal.

If you're telling me he's getting a 1-yr deal as a roster filler, I could live with that, but also know that won't be the case. He's a replacement-level player at this point, without the tantalizing upside he was once thought to have.

Affalo made $7.6 million last season and the cap is one year away from a $22 million increase. He's a good defender and scorer and probably getting only 3 years.

I'd prefer Butler but the Bulls have matching rights and he'll need a max deal.

It's going to be kind of hilarious to see the Knicks roll out the press conference and big announcements holding their jerseys next to Melo for 2 guys who have never made a ******* All-Star team.

Name me the all-star or all star caliber player we have a legit shot at signing. Just one and its Deandre Jordan and they're meeting him tomorrow.

Affalo made $7.6 million last season and the cap is one year away from a $22 million increase. He's a good defender and scorer and probably getting only 3 years.

I'd prefer Butler but the Bulls have matching rights and he'll need a max deal.

Can't say that I agree.  I liked Afflalo as a player before DEN traded him, but aside from his last season in ORL, he's been pretty meh.  I've always thought his defense was more reputation than reality... elite defenders aren't usually in the < 1 steals+blocks per game territory and his 16.7% FG percentage in the playoffs this year didn't do anything to improve my opinion of him either.

There are other 3-and-D guys that are younger and can be had cheaper that would be better signings than Afflalo, like Middleton, Green, Carroll, etc.  Aside from Melo stumping for one of his boys, I can't see how giving him something like 3/$36 makes any sense at all for this team.

Can't say that I agree. I liked Afflalo as a player before DEN traded him, but aside from his last season in ORL, he's been pretty meh. I've always thought his defense was more reputation than reality... elite defenders aren't usually in the < 1 steals+blocks per game territory and his 16.7% FG percentage in the playoffs this year didn't do anything to improve my opinion of him either.

There are other 3-and-D guys that are younger and can be had cheaper that would be better signings than Afflalo, like Middleton, Green, Carroll, etc. Aside from Melo stumping for one of his boys, I can't see how giving him something like 3/$36 makes any sense at all for this team.

Danny Green I would prefer and he's another guy they are scheduled to meet with. Knicks' two biggest needs aside from "everything" is perimeter defender and low post defender.

Butler just got offered max by the Bulls so he's not happening and Leonard also is going nowhere. Affalo is the same thing as the other two wing players you mentioned.

Hector's a big dude.  Pretty sure he'd **** me.  If he wants to, of course. 

Or we could just talk about the Knicks so-called Basketball team. 

With that tight beach bod, who wouldn't?

We could, but it is pretty depressing discussing Robin Lopez, Greg Monroe and Aaron Affalo.  Greatness awaits!

So the early rumors are that EuroMantis ended his Knicks workout early not because of fatigue but because of pain in his hip, and his brother is telling people that because of all the strenuous workouts he went through leading up to the draft that he might not be ready for the summer league because of it.

This is going to be the most Knicks draft pick ever.

Archived