SNY Salas Wrist in Cast

flgreen

Jets practice report: Banged-up Greg Salas sits out

October, 14, 2014

OCT 14

12:50

PM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPN.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- In their final practice before facing the New England Patriots Thursday night, the New York Jets were missing a key member of their receiving corps Tuesday: wide receiver Greg Salas.

Salas

Salas, who suffered wrist and ankle injuries Sunday against the Denver Broncos, wasn't spotted during the 30-minute window open to the media. He also didn't practice Monday, meaning it's unlikely he will play Thursday. The injuries aren't believed to be serious, but the quick turnaround obviously is a factor.

Meanwhile, fellow receivers Eric Decker (hamstring) and David Nelson (ankle) participated in early drills and likely will be limited for the second straight day. From all indications, they will play against the Patriots. Nelson, inactive last week, probably will join Decker and Jeremy Kerley in the three-man receiver rotation.

Rookie linebacker Trevor Reilly (knee), who has been spelling Calvin Pace for a handful of snaps each week, missed practice again.

Linebacker Antwan Barnes, one year removed from major knee surgery, has returned to practice. He's on the physically unable to perform list, so the Jets have a three-week window to evaluate him and decide whether to put him on the 53-man roster or place him on season-ending injured reserve.

Salas is news now. Thats how crappy our WR crew is. Stoicsentry might have been right all along on Idzik. I am hating him more and more every day. 

hey, that's where we're at Bro.  Salas is the #2 WR (holy crap)  When your #2 is hurt it's news

Agree with all the posters who mentioned Greg Salas an issue WOW what happened to the Jets?

Even during the off-season when we knew that WR would be an issue (even with Decker), I would *never* have expected to treat Greg Salas as a major loss. We started in the dumps to begin with and yet we're actually going backwards here. 12 draft picks and half your cap to spend... this is what we get. It's truly astounding.

Even during the off-season when we knew that WR would be an issue (even with Decker), I would *never* have expected to treat Greg Salas as a major loss. We started in the dumps to begin with and yet we're actually going backwards here. 12 draft picks and half your cap to spend... this is what we get. It's truly astounding.

while a few short months ago, "stop your whining" was the hip phrase of the day, I havnt heard that phrase lately, for some strange reason

In Idzik we trust the guy built a sh*t team

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- In their final practice before facing the New England Patriots Thursday night, the New York Jets were missing a key member of their receiving corps Tuesday: wide receiver Greg Salas.

A "key" member of the Jets receiving corps????

Through 6 games, Salas is averaging 1 catch for 27 yards per game.

Archived