Football is the wrong sport for geno smith

broadway.joe.12

I'm 19 years old and besides Brett favre who we only had for 1 year .. we have never had a solid quaterback in New York asking as I've been alive .. Its sad I'm embarrassed to be a jets fan this year woody johnson should be ashamed if himself .. this team has been a complete dissapointment from top to bottom .. from the owner down to the front office .. down to management .. down to the coaches .. down to the players

I'm 19 years old and besides Brett favre who we only had for 1 year .. we have never had a solid quaterback in New York asking as I've been alive .. Its sad I'm embarrassed to be a jets fan this year woody johnson should be ashamed if himself .. this team has been a complete dissapointment from top to bottom .. from the owner down to the front office .. down to management .. down to the coaches .. down to the players

I still can't get over the fact that Brett Favre wore his yellow Packers shoulder pads under his Jets uni.

Damn Woody Johnson is cheap.

Duhh you sound stupid ,that's what qb coaches are for head coaches don't develop qb's .. damn people on here are dumb

Maybe some places. Are you saying no head coach takes part in their franchise quarterback's development? Not everyone is so one dimensional as Rex, and further more, it's still Rex Ryan's responsibility to oversee his staff and make sure they're performing adequately. Rex also had the authority and say at one time to get important pieces of a football team, like offensive linemen who don't get rolled over the second the ball hits your QB's hands.

Are you really absolving Rex Ryan of any blame in `the fall of Sanchez`? Sanchez was at one time enjoying franchise quarterback praise from the national media, and not entirely without reason.

He still has a winning play off record, won on the road.

Maybe some places. Are you saying no head coach takes part in their franchise quarterback's development? Not everyone is so one dimensional as Rex, and further more, it's still Rex Ryan's responsibility to oversee his staff and make sure they're performing adequately. Rex also had the authority and say at one time to get important pieces of a football team, like offensive linemen who don't get rolled over the second the ball hits your QB's hands.

Are you really absolving Rex Ryan of any blame in `the fall of Sanchez`? Sanchez was at one time enjoying franchise quarterback praise from the national media, and not entirely without reason.

He still has a winning play off record, won on the road.

I agree with you to some extent .. but really only former NFL quarterbacks turned head coaches partake in the development of franchise qb's .. such as Jim harabaugh and kaepernick .. jay gruden and rg 3 .. bill O'Brien and tom savage but currently Fitzpatrick ... Sean Payton and drew brees .. !! ,but I do side with you on certain ideas

I agree with you to some extent .. but really only former NFL quarterbacks turned head coaches partake in the development of franchise qb's .. such as Jim harabaugh and kaepernick .. jay gruden and rg 3 .. bill O'Brien and tom savage but currently Fitzpatrick ... Sean Payton and drew brees .. !! ,but I do side with you on certain ideas

dont forget Marvin Lewis , he was a hell of an NFL QB in his day , and Bill Belichick also...Parcells would've been nothing without belichick under center

I'm sure all the guys on this board who are in their 50s really feel for you. You've ONLY experienced what are the pathetic golden years that is the NY Jets history - do you realize that? You're like a kid from Bedford who just moved to Chappaqua who's upset by the ghastly sight of the railroad on Main Street. You have no idea how good you've had it. I want to ship you to West Africa.

As bad as Geno has been we have been in every game except for the San Diego blowout this season and only needed a score to win or tie.  If Idzik had done something outrageous like draft Brandin Cooks and/or sign Desean Jackson or sign Jon Asomoah to start at Guard instead of the completely incapable Brian Winters who knows maybe we are 2-4 or 3-2 now.

Archived