It's just one of those years

sourceworx

Idzik is the one who needs to go. Rex too but Rex isn't doing awful being in games with this offense and secondary

They aren't firing Idzik.

Rex is a goner. I like him. I think with a solid veteran QB in place he can be a good head coach. But he's the wrong guy to develop a young QB with.

Which coach would be able to do much better with these scrubs at DB?

If we have such scrub DBs, maybe we should stop with these dumb, predictable, "exotic" blitzes that force them to constantly play on an island? Maybe alter your scheme to fit your personnel? But no, Rex is too stubborn and proud to do something like that.

Another loss that's completely on the coaching staff.

We don't lose this game if we have our time-outs. Rex and co. blow their load a little too early, and it costs them yet another game.

On the bright side, we know have some decent players.

Geno played his best game of the year today.

I thought Aboushi was way better than what Winters has been. He missed one assignment that led to a holding penalty, but otherwise did a good job.

Decker is a gamer. The guy played well against Revis. Dog him all you want, but the guy can play.

Ivory is a f*cking animal. I love, love, LOVE this guy.

Our secondary is a mess, but this team has pieces in place to build off of. We need the right coach to do it. Rex unfortunately is not that guy.

I thought Aboushi was way better than what Winters has been. He missed one assignment that led to a holding penalty, but otherwise did a good job.

Decker is a gamer. The guy played well against Revis. Dog him all you want, but the guy can play.

Our secondary is a mess, but this team had pieces in place to build off of. We need the right coach to do it. Rex unfortunately is not that guy.

Geno showed the one thing you want in a QB: poise. He will have his growing pains, but he can become a decent QB IF we get a good offensive minded coach.

If we have such scrub DBs, maybe we should stop with these dumb, predictable, "exotic" blitzes that force them to constantly play on an island? Maybe alter your scheme to fit your personnel? But no, Rex is too stubborn and proud to do something like that.

We rushed 3 or 4 most of the game and played zone to hide the corners most of the game. Including all the TDs.

Geno showed the one thing you want in a QB: poise. He will have his growing pains, but he can become a decent QB IF we get a good offensive minded coach.

As much as I like Rex, he simply isn't the guy you want developing a young QB. Give him an established, Trent Green-type solid vet QB, and he'll get you in the playoffs every season. But he's the wrong coach to develop a rookie with.

I know you are a troll, but did you watch the ******* game?  I don't generally mind the trolling, but two years from now everybody will be reciting this fallacy as if it were the truth.  They specifically dropped guys in coverage and played zone the majority of the game.  

I know you are a troll, but did you watch the ******* game?  I don't generally mind the trolling, but two years from now everybody will be reciting this fallacy as if it were the truth.  They specifically dropped guys in coverage and played zone the majority of the game.  

IP is unreadable.  nothing but variations of the same post. 

How long should we extend Rex for? I'd like you to go on the record.

you're probably a nice guy in real life but your posts here are stomach churning.

literally no one has said rex should be extended regardless of the record this year but you continually scream at these phantom posters you've convinced yourself exist.

bro I dunno.. if they turn around and make the playoffs then he should be extended..  if they finish with less than 8 wins he's getting canned.  you're wish looks like it's coming true.

you're probably a nice guy in real life but your posts here are stomach churning.

literally no one has said rex should be extended regardless of the record this year but you continually scream at these phantom posters you've convinced yourself exist.

bro I dunno.. if they turn around and make the playoffs then he should be extended..  if they finish with less than 8 wins he's getting canned.  you're wish looks like it's coming true.

Do you believe he should be canned if we finish with less than 8 wins, or just that he will?

And yes, several posters have said that he should be extended regardless of our record (I believe 'bitonti' was one, and I remember a couple others saying so as well).

Frankly, I'm not so sure he'll be fired, regardless of the record. The NY sports columnists are doing their damnedest to save his job, and Woody adores him. I could envision a scenario where we're a 6 win team that "finishes strong," and we retain him.

This man has done more to run this team into the ground than anyone, and in spite of that he continues to have the support of a sizable minority of the fanbase, which irks me to no end. So long as he's here, I'll complain about him - even if it annoys you, 'TheDominator,' or anyone else.

The secondary was fine? Maybe they weren't horrible after you throw out the give away first TD.

Kept Brady under 300. They blew an easy coverage...it cant happen, but that's on the entire defense. And take away Veeren standing wide open Brady threw for 210.

Idzik is the one who needs to go. Rex too but Rex isn't doing awful being in games with this offense and secondary

For as much as Rex does to "keep us in games" and "get guys to play for him" LOL, he still mismanaged situational coaching so badly that when he is presented with the opportunity to deliver the upset win, he fails. Last night shouldn't have come down to a 58 yarder. 

Why did every one of our kickoffs get taken by the Patriots at their 5 yard line? That isn't a fluke, that is a coaching decision to kick it so they attempt a return. Little things like this are what separates a coach from a great coach. There is nothing refined or detail-oriented about a Rex Ryan football team. IMO

Our secondary is a mess, but this team has pieces in place to build off of. We need the right coach to do it. Rex unfortunately is not that guy.

Geno had great composure yesterday, I don't think it's a coincidence that our run game was clicking and he had tim in the pocket (he had Brady amounts of time to drop back in the first half especially, I can't remember the last time a Jet QB had time like that).

Aboushi, yes. The entire OL looked better yesterday than they have in a while. If Aboushi is why, then awesome.

Nobody should be talking about how Decker isn't a true #1 WR anymore. His presence, when healthy, makes this offense completely different. COMPLETELY.

Agree on Ivory. I also thought CJ?K looked like he suddenly gave a sh*t in the 2nd half yesterday, that was nice. 

I think this team has far more talent on it than people want to admit. They don't have talent in the 2 places that really dictate a team's success right now: QB and WR. Overall, the issues with this team are Rex's limitations, combined with Idzik's conservative build, and the reality that we've added 5 players in the past 2 years from the first 2 rounds of the draft, 1 of them is hurt, 1 is great, the rest are learning, and then there's a mountain of late round development that has to happen, but that takes longer than fans want to give it. In the meantime, we've had to purge a lot of the useless veteran we've been stuck with.

Rex/Tanny made a mess. Rex/Idzik may not be the ideal people to clean it up.

They aren't firing Idzik.

Rex is a goner. I like him. I think with a solid veteran QB in place he can be a good head coach. But he's the wrong guy to develop a young QB with.

I think this is inevitable.

The one thing I'd like to say to the Rex fans, because I truly do like the guy too, is that he's limited. Replacing him doesn't mean we won't have a good defense ever again, replacing him may mean we have a good defense and offense as soon as next year. He's proven he can come up with a good defensive gameplan, but time and again he's come up short of situations in-game coach and really has been absolutely awful at developing talent. Antonio Allen is his success story there. Coples is his indictment. The defense doesn't make plays, it confounds our opponents but it doesn't win us games.

I like Rex. I like the Jets and the idea of winning more.

Kept Brady under 300. They blew an easy coverage...it cant happen, but that's on the entire defense. And take away Veeren standing wide open Brady threw for 210.

Our running game dominated time of possession, that is the only reason I think Brady was held under 300 yards. If he'd had the ball more, he puts up stats.

For as much as Rex does to "keep us in games" and "get guys to play for him" LOL, he still mismanaged situational coaching so badly that when he is presented with the opportunity to deliver the upset win, he fails. Last night shouldn't have come down to a 58 yarder. 

Why did every one of our kickoffs get taken by the Patriots at their 5 yard line? That isn't a fluke, that is a coaching decision to kick it so they attempt a return. Little things like this are what separates a coach from a great coach. There is nothing refined or detail-oriented about a Rex Ryan football team. IMO

Geno had great composure yesterday, I don't think it's a coincidence that our run game was clicking and he had tim in the pocket (he had Brady amounts of time to drop back in the first half especially, I can't remember the last time a Jet QB had time like that).

Aboushi, yes. The entire OL looked better yesterday than they have in a while. If Aboushi is why, then awesome.

Nobody should be talking about how Decker isn't a true #1 WR anymore. His presence, when healthy, makes this offense completely different. COMPLETELY.

Agree on Ivory. I also thought CJ?K looked like he suddenly gave a sh*t in the 2nd half yesterday, that was nice. 

I think this team has far more talent on it than people want to admit. They don't have talent in the 2 places that really dictate a team's success right now: QB and WR. Overall, the issues with this team are Rex's limitations, combined with Idzik's conservative build, and the reality that we've added 5 players in the past 2 years from the first 2 rounds of the draft, 1 of them is hurt, 1 is great, the rest are learning, and then there's a mountain of late round development that has to happen, but that takes longer than fans want to give it. In the meantime, we've had to purge a lot of the useless veteran we've been stuck with.

Rex/Tanny made a mess. Rex/Idzik may not be the ideal people to clean it up.

I think this is inevitable.

The one thing I'd like to say to the Rex fans, because I truly do like the guy too, is that he's limited. Replacing him doesn't mean we won't have a good defense ever again, replacing him may mean we have a good defense and offense as soon as next year. He's proven he can come up with a good defensive gameplan, but time and again he's come up short of situations in-game coach and really has been absolutely awful at developing talent. Antonio Allen is his success story there. Coples is his indictment. The defense doesn't make plays, it confounds our opponents but it doesn't win us games.

I like Rex. I like the Jets and the idea of winning more.

Completely agree with everything you say

One who can manage timeouts and have the correct number of players on the field?

When you have an inexperienced QB going against the Pats he is going to need to regroup at times.  Rex was obviously extremely pissed at the defensive TO and going to yell at someone.  For all the complaints, after Geno's TO they converted a 3rd and like 12 with an 18 yard pass to Decker before the Ivory TD.  The  defensive TO was much more problematic, but they held the Pats to 8 yards on a 3rd and 9 before a FG.

Archived